Author Topic: Suggestion: Trade Exception for Chris Quinn  (Read 1534 times)

Suggestion: Trade Exception for Chris Quinn
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Rumor has it that Miami has interest in Jamaal Tinsley but would like to move a contract first.

Chris Quinn is a nice backup PG that makes $1.03M. He's got a 4:1 asst/to ratio and shot 41% from 3-pt last year. An average defender but wouldn't be a liablity bringing the ball up.

I'd like to see the Celts make this deal:

BOS sends SAC 2015 #2, Trade Exception (Sam Cassell)
MIA sends MIA 2012 #2, Chris Quinn

PG - Rondo / Quinn / Hudson
SG - R. Allen / House / T. Allen / Giddens
SF - Pierce / Daniels / Walker
PF - Garnett / Davis / Scalabrine
C - Perkins / Wallace / S. Williams

Then move Allen + Giddens for Keyon Dooling and call it a day.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Re: Suggestion: Trade Exception for Chris Quinn
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Okay, I will admit that I had to yahoo and wiki to get information on Chris Quinn.  I just don't know much about the guy. 

Here is a nice little nugget from wiki:
In late March, former teammate and current Phoenix Sun Shaquille O'Neal made disparaging comments about Quinn to a reporter from The Boston Globe. "I love playing for this coach and I love playing with [the Suns]," O'Neal told the Globe. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again." After Phoenix's subsequent loss to Boston and an in-kind response from Heat coach Pat Riley, O'Neal elaborated, saying that defenses would sag off of Quinn and Davis and he wasn't able to get the ball.[3] After O'Neal's comments, Quinn went on to average 15 points, 4 rebounds and 7 assists in April, nearly tripling his career averages. On December 1st, 2008, Quinn made a three point shot while falling down on the ground to tie the game at 129–129, with 7.1 seconds left on the clock. The Heat went on to win that game against the Golden State Warriors 130–129 on a game winning free throw by Michael Beasley.

Sounds like he's got some moxie, which I like.  Count me as interested in the trade proposal....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 06:23:06 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I'd rather bring back Gabe Pruitt.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I'd rather have House/Daniels run the offense.
Can't stop, Rondo!