Author Topic: roster finalization suggestions!  (Read 1434 times)

roster finalization suggestions!
« on: August 13, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
As the off season slowly comes to an end, and teams finalize their rosters
I make my suggestion on how the C's should handle their roster:

I earlier suggested that we fill the backup pg spot with Steph...but he is too busy stuffing his throat with petroleum jelly..so we'll leave him alone.

So no, my next suggestion would be to sign Iverson for the vet.min as backup pg.   Now i know people are gonna say, he wont come off the bench, he's gonna mess up the chemistry, he is to selfish, look what he did to detroit, blah blah blah, ( what happened in detroit is their leader and most stable and consistent player got traded, and everybody else quit, and their chemistry was off because billups was gone, not because iverson was there)...I believe the celtics organization and the locker room are strong enough to maintain iverson, and the Celtics have the advantage over every other team to convince stars to sacrifice. b/c iverson will get calls from (bill russell, cousy, hondo,walton,hienson, and many others). Iverson is 34 not 24 so he is more mature than ppl give him credit for, he understands what coming off the bench for the celtics is rather than coming off the bench for the Clipper or Grizzlies is.

The next option, if Iverson is not signed would be to trade Tony Allen to Golden State for Acie Law. I believe that Acie Law is capable of being a good backup point guard. he's got size and can shoot the ball. Trading tony allen, who clearly and quite frankly,is just not good in the Celtics system, needs to be in an open court/up and down system, like Don Nelsons to be effective. also trading TA opens up more playing time for our young guys to grow and develop. guys like JR Giddens and Bill Walker. If one or both of them don't play well, than the worst is, that its pretty much like having Tony Allen on the team, and the Celtics know how to win with tony allen on the team(bench)!!!!!!!!!!

And No Robert Swift!!!!!!!!!! maybe Stromile, but not Robert!!!

Re: roster finalization suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »

Offline Jay G

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Iverson would be cool to get, but i just plain old don't see him signing. And we need a vet point guard, Acie law hasn't developed to what anyone thought he would be (yet) and we're not looking for another point guard project just yet.
Oh and yea, no Swift, he's awful.
TP for the hell of it.
One Love

Re: roster finalization suggestions!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 02:56:23 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I like the idea of trading TA for the backup point.

Plusses: fills a position of need, frees more PT for Walker/ Giddens, stay at the current salary level.

Minuses: there just aren't many back up PGs available in a trade ....
The list includes players like Acie Law, Speedy Claxton, etc.

It makes me wonder if Ainge could somehow swing a trade for a player like Brent Barry or Charlie Bell.  I know neither are pure PGs, but I would prefer one of those bringing the ball up the floor than TA. 
Celtics fan for life.