Author Topic: Q Rich  (Read 3415 times)

Q Rich
« on: August 12, 2009, 01:32:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I heard he was being traded again. Celtics?

Re: Q Rich
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I do think we could use another shooter.  But doesn't Q make a ton of money?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I heard he was being traded again. Celtics?

Again? 

He's been trade from New York to Memphis, and Memphis to the Clippers.  Then, the Clippers to the Twolves.  Has any team been traded four times in a single off-season?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 01:39:16 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Definitely not on the Celtics, but there may be a creative way where Indiana gets a nice sized expiring contract in some sort of Daniels deal.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Definitely not on the Celtics, but there may be a creative way where Indiana gets a nice sized expiring contract in some sort of Daniels deal.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ramjhu

Tho he and Pierce hate each other, I can think of worse trades. Get a shooter and two roster spots. Minny save 2mil. Trade him at the deadline if something nice comes along...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:06:49 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:08:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I have a hard time believing he would end up on the Cs.  He doesn't address an area of need, and a trade of Scal+TA+Giddens would work but leave the Cs management paying even more in luxury tax than they already are -- and would reduce trade flexibility going forward.  Plus I like the flexibility that Scal gives us on the team (he can back up a lot of spots).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 02:15:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
QRich is a punk, he's lazy, he's injured a lot, and he just isn't that good.  I mean, he averaged 13.9 points per 36 minutes last season, and shot below 40% from the floor. 

Why would we want him?  His only value is as an expiring contract, which is why various teams have been playing hot potato with him all summer.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 02:56:28 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
QRich is a punk, he's lazy, he's injured a lot, and he just isn't that good.  I mean, he averaged 13.9 points per 36 minutes last season, and shot below 40% from the floor. 

Why would we want him?  His only value is as an expiring contract, which is why various teams have been playing hot potato with him all summer.

look i'm with you, i hate the guy. just can't let go of the desire to shop the scal/ta/giddens package!

i'd rather sign bogans or bowen, or trade for a guy like garcia.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:30:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
There were a lot of rumours about Q-Rich being flipped again the day Minnesota acquired him. I reckon they're shopping him hard right now, good chance he's somewhere else by the start of the season.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 07:45:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I guess I'm not the only one who had this idea.  Read the article, but it shows how he could be used to get Marquis here.

http://celticshub.com/2009/08/12/q-richardson-the-x-factor/#more-3026

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 12:54:19 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

look i'm with you, i hate the guy. just can't let go of the desire to shop the scal/ta/giddens package!

i'd rather sign bogans or bowen, or trade for a guy like garcia.

That package is going to bring a very good player here at the deadline, someone who can make a real contribution in the playoffs, not some lazy punk like Richardson.

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
That package is going to bring a very good player here at the deadline, someone who can make a real contribution in the playoffs, not some lazy punk like Richardson.

Unless the team we are trading with wants to unload a bad, long term contract, I don't see that package bringing much.   

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 05:32:42 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

Ditto to all of that.  He's a complete sack.

Even taking him on as an expiring contract is a concern for me because surely at some point no one else will want to trade for him.  I mean, after all the moves during this single offseason, couldn't you just see us being the ones getting stuck with him when this musical chairs song ends and we're on the floor?