Author Topic: Trade Tony Allen for Mardy Collins  (Read 8137 times)

Re: Trade Tony Allen for Mardy Collins
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Don't let the hate make you blind. Tony is a better player and a more productive player than Mardy Collins. Upgrade not downgrade.

Collins, when he got his chance, was better then Tony.

Plus, unlike Tony, he can be the PG next to House while defending the other teams SG.  
The 2nd part to me is the big thing.  We have a log jam of ok swingmen behind pierce.  Daniels, Walker (sf), Giddens (sg) and Tony who is a small sf and a sg without good range.  Daniels should get most of the minutes at sf so unless giddens/walker appear dead they need minutes to improve and prove their worth.  We know what tony can do  :-\  so if we can trade him for a 2nd/3rd string pg then do it.
ps-i don't think davis would do us any good, i'd rather tony  :o did i really write that?

Re: Trade Tony Allen for Mardy Collins
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 02:23:40 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Don't let the hate make you blind. Tony is a better player and a more productive player than Mardy Collins. Upgrade not downgrade.

Collins, when he got his chance, was better then Tony.

Plus, unlike Tony, he can be the PG next to House while defending the other teams SG.  
The 2nd part to me is the big thing.  We have a log jam of ok swingmen behind pierce.  Daniels, Walker (sf), Giddens (sg) and Tony who is a small sf and a sg without good range.  Daniels should get most of the minutes at sf so unless giddens/walker appear dead they need minutes to improve and prove their worth.  We know what tony can do  :-\  so if we can trade him for a 2nd/3rd string pg then do it.
ps-i don't think davis would do us any good, i'd rather tony  :o did i really write that?

the point on TA / Ricky: neither guy plays, and both are expiring deals. the point is to turn two shaky bench guys into a functional spot player a position of need on a champ team.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)