Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 99120 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #435 on: July 01, 2016, 07:45:06 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
https://mobile.twitter.com/NYPost_Lewis/status/748747219579248640

At least Durant has done us one solid.  He just shut down the Nets as a FA destination pretty publicly

« Reply #436 on: July 01, 2016, 08:00:22 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

At least Durant has done us one solid.  He just shut down the Nets as a FA destination pretty publicly

i like he just said "no", at least Durant doing us a favor hahaha

« Reply #437 on: July 01, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
The board is going to melt when the C's sign Howard to a crazy contract....

« Reply #438 on: July 01, 2016, 08:17:46 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601

Durant have 99 problems and Nets ain't one of them :D

« Reply #439 on: July 01, 2016, 08:20:55 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If we strike out, we will probably pick up options on just enough of our players to get to the league minimum payroll.

REMEMER, this is all about NEXT YEAR.  Great FA class, and better draft class too.  Don't be swayed by the silly decisions other team are making now. STAY STRONG and stay the course.

« Reply #440 on: July 01, 2016, 08:22:19 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The board is going to melt when the C's sign Howard to a crazy contract....

I'd take it at this point IMO he defiantly makes us better, still need a shooter.

« Reply #441 on: July 01, 2016, 08:23:16 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
If we don't do anything big AND lose Evan Turner, who might be our best all around player, we will be WORSE this year... then you factor in the East getting stronger and you are in trouble.

« Reply #442 on: July 01, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
If we strike out, we will probably pick up options on just enough of our players to get to the league minimum payroll.

REMEMER, this is all about NEXT YEAR.  Great FA class, and better draft class too.  Don't be swayed by the silly decisions other team are making now. STAY STRONG and stay the course.

What are you going to say after next year? Not sure I agree with you on all this add to the fact those players will just cost more next year and the draft doesn't come into the free agency conversation.

« Reply #443 on: July 01, 2016, 08:26:44 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I think we'll be just fine. If anything, we may seed better next season. If we can prevent any major injuries (knock on wood), we'll keep that third seed, maybe possibly second seed if it goes well enough. Biggest eastern conference free agent so far is DeRozen signing with TO. That's not much. The Pacers are slightly more competitive. SLIGHTLY. IMO, successful offseason if we get Dwight or Horford. One of those two is looking more and more likely.

« Reply #444 on: July 01, 2016, 08:28:08 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
If we don't do anything big AND lose Evan Turner, who might be our best all around player, we will be WORSE this year... then you factor in the East getting stronger and you are in trouble.

Agreed and if we get worse what free agents will want to talk to us than? Right now all the big names want to talk to us, it's time to get one.

« Reply #445 on: July 01, 2016, 08:31:58 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
It's because DA waited and was patient that we are able to afford 2 max right now.
Wait another season and we might afford 3 max while other barely afford 1.
Now that will increase our chance to strike. If you can't strike next year then you have to settle because it can't be any better than that cap wise.

« Reply #446 on: July 01, 2016, 08:33:10 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Agreed and if we get worse what free agents will want to talk to us than? Right now all the big names want to talk to us, it's time to get one.

Oh, I think we have Howard if we want him. His addition alone keeps us alone at the three seed. I am not sure what other additions people are afraid of - the big names are staying with their current teams so far (Derozan, Whiteside, Beal, Drummond, Batum). Do the NYK and their band of posers scare you? They are just an older, slightly worse version of last year's Bulls team so far.

« Reply #447 on: July 01, 2016, 08:33:50 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
We're doomed.

« Reply #448 on: July 01, 2016, 08:35:06 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

What are you going to say after next year? Not sure I agree with you on all this add to the fact those players will just cost more next year and the draft doesn't come into the free agency conversation.
Huh? 

1. The FA class next year is different players so "cost more" doesn't make any sense.

2. Next year, I am going to say "I told you so"

3. The draft is not relevant to FA, that's right.  Just saying to not get caught up in the FA class and have a longer view of the team's future.

This seems to be the same hysteria we saw on draft night.

« Reply #449 on: July 01, 2016, 08:36:47 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
I agree if we strike out in free agency pick up options on JJ and Johnson and wait till next year. With the cap even going up even more keep it flexiable for next year maybe 3 max guys.