Author Topic: Holy Red Baboon Butt, There Is a Tom Cruise Movie I Want To See!  (Read 16484 times)

Re: Holy Red Baboon Butt, There Is a Tom Cruise Movie I Want To See!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i like tom cruise the actor, but dont like tom cruise the man.

the last samurai is my fav movie of his, by far!

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 09:01:10 AM »

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
"Nobody Move and do not follow us, because I will kill myself, and then Her!"

--Haha that is great.

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I could care less about Tom Cruise the man.  I just don't like him as an actor.  I feel like he has too much ego.  He always tries to make it about him rather than the character and often, IMO, over-acts as a result.

He takes  himself a little too seriously.  It's the same way I feel about Redford or Richard Gere or even Daniel Day Lewis to a certain extent (although he's incredibly talented--not that the other guys aren't).

I did like his role in Tropic Thunder however
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 10:18:41 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I could care less about Tom Cruise the man.  I just don't like him as an actor.  I feel like he has too much ego.  He always tries to make it about him rather than the character and often, IMO, over-acts as a result.

He takes  himself a little too seriously.  It's the same way I feel about Redford or Richard Gere or even Daniel Day Lewis to a certain extent (although he's incredibly talented--not that the other guys aren't).

Bad talking Daniel Day Lewis?!?! Blasphemy!

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Or Robert Redford, for that matter:

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Can't believe nobody mentioned Jerry.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 10:27:35 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum

Or Robert Redford, for that matter:

hahaha  The Natural was the first sports movie I saw as a kid.  I must have watched it at least 20-30 times between the ages of 9 and 9 1/2.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 10:28:11 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Shout out for the Garden at 20 seconds into the trailer!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Can't believe nobody mentioned Jerry.

Ya true.  I have my issues with that movie but I think it is one of the more interesting looks into the business side of sports that I've seen.

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

shookones I was with you 100% up until you had to bring in Redford, Daniel Day Lewis, and Richard "Pooh-Bear Eyes" Gere.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum

shookones I was with you 100% up until you had to bring in Redford, Daniel Day Lewis, and Richard "Pooh-Bear Eyes" Gere.

There's no doubt that I like Redford and Daniel Day Lewis more as actors.  I just think they fit into the category of actors who need to take a step back and laugh at themselves every once in a while.  And let the rest of the world laugh with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4UvvHMoZs

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 11:26:36 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
the dude's career will never be the same after revealing his scientology obsession even though i personally think aliens makes more sense than a zombie carpenter that was on a suicide mission. i really cannot believe catholics,mormons,muslims, whatever .. are calling this guy crazy. glass houses, people!!!
     i don't think he's a GREAT actor but i enjoyed some of his movies a lot.

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 11:43:22 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
the dude's career will never be the same after revealing his scientology obsession even though i personally think aliens makes more sense than a zombie carpenter that was on a suicide mission. i really cannot believe catholics,mormons,muslims, whatever .. are calling this guy crazy. glass houses, people!!!
Thanks for the personal jab at my beliefs even though I have not personally heard a Mormon call Tom Cruise crazy. I frankly don't consider what I do a glass house or crazy and I wouldn't criticize anything Tom Cruise believes since that is his preference.

Also, TP's for everyone that gave love to the late Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut".  Highly misunderstood film.

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 11:53:46 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
i like tom cruise the actor, but dont like tom cruise the man.

the last samurai is my fav movie of his, by far!
I just personally did not care for his treatment of Brooke Shields and Matt Lauer.  He was extremely rude and came off as a complete "Know-it-all" instead of just stating his beliefs.

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 12:10:53 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

I realize this is not on point, but show me proof of matter creating itself.
And then tell me how thats not as far out as believing in a "zombie carpenter". But I guess believing matter creating itself is much more believable than what christians believe. It happens all the time right?

Until you can prove it then I believe it would be beneficial to keep the cheap shots to yourself.
Still don't believe in Joe.