Author Topic: Asher Roth  (Read 7475 times)

Asher Roth
« on: April 16, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Everyone knows Asher's hit single I Love College, but his mixtape The GreenHouse Effect is so sick. You can get it for free at thedailykush.com. His flow is so smooth and his rhymes and lyrics are amazing. His new album comes out April 20th. It features I Love College and Lark On My GO-Cart. I strongly recommend picking up his mixtape and listening to his stuff. I love it
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

Re: Asher Roth
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Absolutely agree. I always play the Greenhouse Effect and people can't believe its him.  They only hear the one song he has on the radio.  Its the exact same thing with Kid Cudi.  His mixtape, "A Kid Named Cudi" is so nasty, however people only hear the song Day and Nite.
UBUNTU

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:49:56 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Absolutely agree. I always play the Greenhouse Effect and people can't believe its him.  They only hear the one song he has on the radio.  Its the exact same thing with Kid Cudi.  His mixtape, "A Kid Named Cudi" is so nasty, however people only hear the song Day and Nite.

any place where "A Kid NAmed Cudi" can be downloaded?
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
The links where I originally got mine don't work anymore.  However, there is another mixtape called The Anthem that includes all of those songs, plus new ones.  You can find it here:

http://datnewcudi.com/mixtapes/the-anthem-mixtape/
UBUNTU

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:58:29 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
The links where I originally got mine don't work anymore.  However, there is another mixtape called The Anthem that includes all of those songs, plus new ones.  You can find it here:

http://datnewcudi.com/mixtapes/the-anthem-mixtape/

nice,,,thanks tp
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:39:11 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
ugh... I can't stand that Asher Roth college song or the Kid Cudi 'Day n Night' song.  Those are two that cause immediate change of the radio station for me.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
He sounds exactly like eminem and that is not a compliment.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 09:24:49 AM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
ugh... I can't stand that Asher Roth college song or the Kid Cudi 'Day n Night' song.  Those are two that cause immediate change of the radio station for me.

Listen to the mixtape. It is not the same as I Love College. At all
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 09:37:45 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
roth's album is a letdown for me....kinda like canibus' first album....alot of hype and alot of promise, only to be a let down.  the roth album is average at best, imo

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I don't think he's as good as people give him credit for.  There's a lot of better young rappers out there.  The guy to listen to is B.o.B in my opinion.  Another good young rapper named Wiz Khalifa just came out with a new mixtape that is really good too.
do it

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 11:39:14 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
roth's album is a letdown for me....kinda like canibus' first album....alot of hype and alot of promise, only to be a let down.  the roth album is average at best, imo
I think people's opinions of that cd strongly depend on who you are. I think his beats are very good, but his lyrics leave something to be desired if you aren't part of the niche he's rapping to. The lyrics resonate with people from the age of 16-28 who like to party, smoke and drink. If that doesn't describe you then you are probably not going to like his cd for lack of lyrical content.
As far as not liking I love college or Day and Night, you need to listen to their entire albums to make a legitimate judgment. I have both their albums and those are my least favorite songs on them. Kid Cudi's new mixtape is awesome, check out the song "I poke her face", that's my favorite.
http://datnewcudi.com/mixtapes/dat-kid-from-cleveland/ here's the site to download his free mixtape.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 12:20:32 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I poke her face is good, but Cudi's verse is average in my opinion.  Kanye and Common kill him in it and that's why the song is good.  I mean Cudi's solid, but there's a lot of other guys I'd listen to before I picked him.
do it

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 08:30:03 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
I Love College was aiight but his album sucks

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 09:21:32 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I think people's opinions of that cd strongly depend on who you are. I think his beats are very good, but his lyrics leave something to be desired if you aren't part of the niche he's rapping to. The lyrics resonate with people from the age of 16-28 who like to party, smoke and drink. If that doesn't describe you then you are probably not going to like his cd for lack of lyrical content.
As far as not liking I love college or Day and Night, you need to listen to their entire albums to make a legitimate judgment. I have both their albums and those are my least favorite songs on them. Kid Cudi's new mixtape is awesome, check out the song "I poke her face", that's my favorite.
http://datnewcudi.com/mixtapes/dat-kid-from-cleveland/ here's the site to download his free mixtape.

i heard their entire albums and mixtapes.....my opinion hasnt changed. again, roth is at best, average.  cudi is :

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
People say I look like him. I take it as an insult because he's made racist comments and he can't rap.