Author Topic: 2003 Steroid list leaked (D&C is reporting)  (Read 30902 times)

Re: 2003 Steroid list leaked (D&C is reporting)
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
OK Im not sure how much I want to argue about it, but Im sure anybody here can tell you weei is a very respectable source. 

For what?

Sports News

They break news on EEI?  I thought they usually let other people do the reporting and then talk about it. I can't remember the last time there was news on EEI.

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
OK Im not sure how much I want to argue about it, but Im sure anybody here can tell you weei is a very respectable source. 

For what?

Sports News

They break news on EEI?  I thought they usually let other people do the reporting and then talk about it. I can't remember the last time there was news on EEI.

I'd say that's accurate about 95% of the time.  The Flashes usually consist of mentioning reports from other outlets.

However, there are some occasions where their weekly interviews end up resulting in breaking news stories that end up going national.  Not too often though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
But the point is that they do break news, and they are very accurate. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

But again, this isn't them breaking news. This is them talking about a list on rotoinfo.com, they're not actually reporting anything. Also, they can blame their source, the web-site, and claim that they were just talking about it to spark conversation and not as fact if the whole thing turns out to be a crock. Either way, they aren't reporting nor have they "broken" any news. EEI offers sports conversation and the occasional intriguing perspective on an issue, but lets not pretend they're the associated press.

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2009, 03:59:44 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
WOW! If this list is legit.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Maybe the radio station does, on occasion. But not this stupid radio show.  It's nothing more than local entertainment, only interested in generating fan interest/listenership, and subsequently incoming callers.  As is proven by the fact that this steroid list is utterly and completely heresay.  But they weren't interested in the actual validity of the list, were they?  No, not at all.  They just wanted to be controversial and have people talking about their crappy radio show (that the rest of the country has never even heard of).

"D&C" are not sports journalists who scoop news stories.  They are talk show hosts.  Big difference.  If this list were legit, it would've come from Peter Gammons or SI.  Not 2 random dudes on local Boston radio.