Author Topic: Wizards (18-15) at Celtics (27-9) Game #37 12/25/17  (Read 26199 times)

Re: Wizards (18-15) at Celtics (27-9) Game #37 12/25/17
« Reply #270 on: December 25, 2017, 07:59:21 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Very bad defence... rebounding problems

« Reply #271 on: December 25, 2017, 07:59:44 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Officially on the “Kyrie plays hero ball down the stretch and it hurts us” train

hero ball, hero ball?  seriously.  KI had the layup that just barely rolled off the rim.  that just after draining a long 3.   ::)

He's a -13.  We are hiding him on Oubre,  and Oubre keeps scoring.  He has sucked,. But hey, 20 pts

Since when are the C's hiding KI on D?  He's been at the top of the defense guarding Beal or Wall.
don't engage

he has an agenda

Right.  So here's what we will do -- I honestly want to help you guys...

I'll rewatch the game and give you timestamps for all the possessions he was hidden on Oubre.  I get it... his brand is super cool.  But you guys need to open yuor eyes if you want to effectively argue this stuff.
i think it's pretty obvious that you just really don't like kyrie

i like him and can still admit he didn't play great. every game is different

you talk down to people who support him as if they can't understand basketball

it's absolutely fine if you can't appreciate him on a daily basis, but if you're surprised that people call you out on your blind hatred then i don't know what to tell you
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #272 on: December 25, 2017, 08:00:02 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not a fan of baynes at all.. he just doesn't do anything on offense and defensively hasn't been that great lately. Hoping he can get better but those no look hook shots every game are pretty horrible to watch
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Officially on the “Kyrie plays hero ball down the stretch and it hurts us” train

hero ball, hero ball?  seriously.  KI had the layup that just barely rolled off the rim.  that just after draining a long 3.   ::)

He's a -13.  We are hiding him on Oubre,  and Oubre keeps scoring.  He has sucked,. But hey, 20 pts

Since when are the C's hiding KI on D?  He's been at the top of the defense guarding Beal or Wall.
don't engage

he has an agenda

I realize that having seen some of his posts in other threads. 

But when it's blatantly obvious during a game that he's not watching the same game everyone else is, that's when you destroy his credibility (assuming he has any).

I've watched every second of this game -- read thru the stupid thread.  You literally just can't handle the objective truth, so you choose not to see it.

Where was he offensively at the end?  Why is Tatum the guy we continually went to for buckets?  He's a supertstar, MVP etc.

edit: Personal attack reported.  Easier to see the game when u played D1.

You're incorrigible. 

What personal attack?  Your posts define "lack of credibility" based on an pre-existing agenda which precedes you by reputation.  When you're wrong, you resort to reporting people for "personal attacks" to vindicate yourself even when shown to be biased and flat out wrong.  And do me a favor and lose your condescending attitude, mkay, or I'll give something real, not imagined, to report me for.

« Reply #274 on: December 25, 2017, 08:00:45 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

don't engage

he has an agenda

But when it's blatantly obvious during a game that he's not watching the same game everyone else is, that's when you destroy his credibility (assuming he has any).

I've watched every second of this game -- read thru the stupid thread.  You literally just can't handle the objective truth, so you choose not to see it.

Where was he offensively at the end?  Why is Tatum the guy we continually went to for buckets?  He's a supertstar, MVP etc.

love this so much

for the record, i like tarheels a lot except when it comes to kyrie
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #275 on: December 25, 2017, 08:01:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

don't engage

he has an agenda

I'll rewatch the game and give you timestamps for all the possessions he was hidden on Oubre.  I get it... his brand is super cool.  But you guys need to open yuor eyes if you want to effectively argue this stuff.

it's absolutely fine if you can't appreciate him on a daily basis, but if you're surprised that people call you out on your blind hatred then i don't know what to tell you

This. Love ya, Tarheels, but the trolling/blind Kyrie hate is starting to reach LarBrd33 levels of annoyance.

« Reply #276 on: December 25, 2017, 08:01:31 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not a fan of baynes at all.. he just doesn't do anything on offense and defensively hasn't been that great lately. Hoping he can get better but those no look hook shots every game are pretty horrible to watch

he is a good back up big to have, unfortunately he starts on our team right now.

« Reply #277 on: December 25, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
We're a .500 team at this point.  We're only 8-6 in December and 5-6 in our last 11 games, which includes a lot of bad losses.

« Reply #278 on: December 25, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

don't engage

he has an agenda

[/quote]i think it's pretty obvious that you just really don't like kyrie

Is the bolded a joke?  I'm being dead serious.  How many times do I have to say it?  I HATE KYRIE IRVING.  I HATE KYRIE IRVING.  I HATE KYRIE IRVING. 

That in no way effects the way he defends, that he was garbage today, etc.

I get it, his brand is awesome.  The movie will probably gross a lot.  He is absolutely an incredible offensive talent.  But he's super limited -- literally sucks at half the game that's played. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #279 on: December 25, 2017, 08:03:39 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

don't engage

he has an agenda

This. Love ya, Tarheels, but the trolling/blind Kyrie hate is starting to reach LarBrd33 levels of annoyance.
i miss larbrd33

but man he was the most annoying poster of all time, hahaa
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
well, merry xmas to everyone

ho ho d'oh
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #281 on: December 25, 2017, 08:06:17 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

don't engage

he has an agenda

i miss larbrd33

but man he was the most annoying poster of all time, hahaa

I'm sorry you guys feel that way.  But jpotter, you were incessantly hating on IT.  Every game, without fail.

LarBrd was also one of the best posters of all time.  He literally goes viral on Reddit. 

I get that it's difficult to accept he isn't the savior.  But again, no team is winning a championship with Irving as their best player. 

« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2017, 08:07:06 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

don't engage

he has an agenda

You're incorrigible. 

What personal attack?  Your posts define "lack of credibility" based on an pre-existing agenda which precedes you by reputation.  When you're wrong, you report people for "personal attacks" to vindicate yourself evej when shown to be wrong?  And lose the condescending attitude.

He does this. I once just listed Kyrie's accolades and he labeled it a personal attack. Just do what another poster said, don't engage. Just report him when he's in game threads legit cheering on other teams.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

don't engage

he has an agenda

You're incorrigible. 

What personal attack?  Your posts define "lack of credibility" based on an pre-existing agenda which precedes you by reputation.  When you're wrong, you resort to reporting people for "personal attacks" to vindicate yourself even when shown to be biased and flat out wrong.  And do me a favor and lose your condescending attitude, mkay, or I'll give something real, not imagined, to report me for.

Okay.  I will create a thread tomorrow.  It will be entirely for your benefit.  I will timestamp every single possession that Kyrie was beat or responsible for points tonight.  I've literally been accurate in every single post I've made this thread.  Again, I am sorry.  But who cares??? We weren't contending this year anyway.  It's not that big of a deal.  And his movie will probably be awesome.  There's lots of NBA players in it, I think.

« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
We're a .500 team at this point.  We're only 8-6 in December and 5-6 in our last 11 games, which includes a lot of bad losses.
The defense, bench, and rebounding have been the biggest problems. The bench was actually good today, but the rebounding and defense late, have been horrible.