Author Topic: What would it take to get Robin Lopez?  (Read 2389 times)

What would it take to get Robin Lopez?
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:05:26 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
I know it's a game against the worst rebounding team in the league, but I like his physicality down low and he really seems to be hustling this game, can't say if he does frequently. I've heard NO would like to start Ryan Anderson and Anthony Davis next to each other, so he could be available. Would picks+Melo+Filler could get it done? Or would we have to give up a rotation player(Bass)?

Re: What would it take to get Robin Lopez?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't see why the Hornets would move him.  They've got him on a good contract for the next two seasons. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hornets have no reason to move him unless the want to move Davis to center full time. Even still if they did so they could just move Lopez to the bench and he would be a perfect bench player for them.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It would take something that we dont have or the Hornets are not interested in.

Robin is a solid Center. He does his job and plays within himself. Unless we will give the same value, I dont think we can land him.

We should be targeting the other 7 footer...

Oh yes, the bandwagon makes another stop in another thread

Jason Smith will be solid enough to answer most if not all of our big man needs. The guy is solid all around, not all star, but solid enough to start and give production on both ends. And he can be had for the right package where we dont have to give up a lot.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:41:07 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Probably a young big with upside who can be a potential replacement and a first round pick, along with a relatively short-term contract to match for salary cap purposes.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 05:29:39 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

Robin is a solid Center. He does his job and plays within himself. Unless we will give the same value, I dont think we can land him.

Jason Smith will be solid enough to answer most if not all of our big man needs. The guy is solid all around, not all star, but solid enough to start and give production on both ends. And he can be had for the right package where we dont have to give up a lot.
nice
smith actually looks to have a better game, lopez is so slow footed, hustles but he's a plodder

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 06:02:35 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

nice
smith actually looks to have a better game, lopez is so slow footed, hustles but he's a plodder

He really has a very underrated game.

He's not going to dominate, i'm not going there. But he will give you little contributions that in turn, will help the team greatly.

He has the size that we are looking for. Quick enough to play 4 and rough enough to play Center. Solid mid range game. He hustles too. Very underrated player.

Best thing about it is, he's the 4th big in that lineup, in which with the right package we can get him.

I took some stats. These are his avergaes when he's playing 20 minutes or more.

51%FG, 5.7 Rebounds, 1.2 Assist, 1.4 Blocks, 0.6 Steals, 1.6 TO's, 13.5 Points / Game.

We gotta get this guy. He's a better option than Bass and Wilcox IMO right now (or Collins for that matter).

"He's not the big man the Celtics want, but he's the big man the Celtics need." - Commisioner Jim Gordon
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:24:55 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 06:16:22 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
talked me into, get ainge on the phone  ;)

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 06:31:45 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
talked me into, get ainge on the phone  ;)

Im trying, i'm flooding Doc's Twitter right now (if that is his) to tell Danny about this. It seems that Danny has no Twitter.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 06:51:23 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't see why the Hornets would move him.  They've got him on a good contract for the next two seasons.

This.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 07:32:27 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Correct, R-Lo is a beast!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 08:04:07 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

nice

He really has a very underrated game.

He's not going to dominate, i'm not going there. But he will give you little contributions that in turn, will help the team greatly.

He has the size that we are looking for. Quick enough to play 4 and rough enough to play Center. Solid mid range game. He hustles too. Very underrated player.

Best thing about it is, he's the 4th big in that lineup, in which with the right package we can get him.

I took some stats. These are his avergaes when he's playing 20 minutes or more.

51%FG, 5.7 Rebounds, 1.2 Assist, 1.4 Blocks, 0.6 Steals, 1.6 TO's, 13.5 Points / Game.

We gotta get this guy. He's a better option than Bass and Wilcox IMO right now (or Collins for that matter).

"He's not the big man the Celtics want, but he's the big man the Celtics need." - Commisioner Jim Gordon

You may be right and he would probably fit our system well... But I dont know why, I just can not stand Jason Smith.