Author Topic: WEEI Shake-UP -- Ordway back to afternoons, Dale Arnold back to midday.  (Read 4657 times)

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
https://www.boston.com/sports/media/2018/07/19/weei-glenn-ordway-back-to-the-afternoon-slot

Ordway, Merloni, and Fauria will move to afternoon drive, while the Dale and Keefe program, featuring host Dale Arnold and Rich Keefe, will move from that 2-6 p.m. slot to 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

I love it. Midday in Boston listenable again. Dale never should have been moved out of that slot.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Nobody cares?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I can't stand WEEI. Ordway is a dunce. They know nothing about, nor care to talk about, the Celtics.  Merloni was the genius who created the "Average Al" moniker for Horford.

They basically try to stir the pot with controversial topics, often not sports related (especially that God awful morning crew). 

Re: WEEI Shake-UP -- Ordway back to afternoons, Dale Arnold back to midday.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 01:37:49 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I can't stand WEEI. Ordway is a dunce. They know nothing about, nor care to talk about, the Celtics.  Merloni was the genius who created the "Average Al" moniker for Horford.

They basically try to stir the pot with controversial topics, often not sports related (especially that God awful morning crew).

Ordway and Lou Merloni literally laughed at Celtics fans saying we were better without Kyrie. The off season came s d it was more of the same. Mockery of the fans. Of course they don’t apologize. Cowards.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 01:41:36 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Boston is such a great city I don't know how a moron like Ordway could ever be successful there.  And I don't just mean on the radio I meant at literally anything

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

WEEI sucks

98.5 is not much better

Felger and Mazz are clowns but at least entertaining

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Boston is such a great city I don't know how a moron like Ordway could ever be successful there.  And I don't just mean on the radio I meant at literally anything
It's really a case of luck more than anything else. He lucked out getting the gig to work Celtics radio broadcasts at the end of the Johnny Most era and I think those rights were on the same station as the fledgling sports talk radio with Eddie Andelman.

Well, Eddie fell out of favor as sports radio programming exploded and Ordway was once again in the right place at the right time to take that drive home slot over after Andelman was moved to the lunch slot.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 03:20:17 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
It’s a shame we have what we do on local radio. Is Callahan still on?  That dude was disgusting. I can’t believe he kept his job after the “ metco” thing. Truly an embarrassment to the city and he could care less. He’s said even worse things and gets away with it.
   Felger and Mazz I find annoying but I never respected them with basketball. I mean they are very openly proud that they don’t know a lot about the nba . So ... there ya go.
   Lou Merloni reporting on anything basketball related is so preposterous. He’s wrong ALL the time and keeps getting proven so. “ Average Al”, him losing his mind on Avery Bradley’s contract before that. 
  Why do we have a retired utility infielder( right?) talking hoops any more than he has to? Why would this guy be on tv about the Celtics??? It’s like Cedric Maxwell talking about the Red Sox mud relief pitching. This is Boston. Get some MORE people who know basketball.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 04:12:25 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Don't bother your time with Boston sports radio.  You'll feel much better.

WEEI is a sinking ship & the Sportshub is just constant trolling of its audience at this point.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 04:15:12 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I drive at various times in the day and often hear pieces of Dale’s show and pieces of Ordway.

I am annoyed by the repetition but generally I’m grateful for sports radio in Boston.  It’s better than today’s music and it’s usually adequately listenable.   I did despise Callahan but he was occasionally entertaining.

I thought Glen was a pretty good color guy with Johnny Most. And I actually did like him as the play by play guy.

If you listen to other cities’ sports shows they compare pretty unfavorably to Boston, IMO.