Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 118481 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #1620 on: February 02, 2023, 09:19:52 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
With Brady retiring and the Bucs most likely heading for the drain, any interest in trying to acquire Evans or Godwin? Both had over 1000 yards last year.

Doesn't have to be the Pats either. Any interest from fans of other teams? Both are still pretty good players. Godwin is only 26 and Evans is 29. They should have a couple years of production left.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 09:37:06 AM by A Future of Stevens »
#JKJB

« Reply #1621 on: February 02, 2023, 09:44:31 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
With Brady retiring and the Bucs most likely heading for the drain, any interest in trying to acquire Evans or Godwin? Both had over 1000 yards last year.

Doesn't have to be the Pats either. Any interest from fans of other teams? Both are still pretty good players. Godwin is only 26 and Evans is 29. They should have a couple years of production left.

Are there indications that Tampa is ready to blow it up?  They play in the worst division in football.  A divisional title and playoff appearance is within their grasp. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1622 on: February 02, 2023, 09:50:18 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488

Are there indications that Tampa is ready to blow it up?  They play in the worst division in football.  A divisional title and playoff appearance is within their grasp.
True I may be jumping the gun, but they snuck into the playoffs with an exceedingly competent quarterback. Those don't grow on trees.
I guess I should word it "if they blow it up" would anybody have interest in those players for your team? Godwin has always been an interesting player to me.
#JKJB

« Reply #1623 on: February 02, 2023, 09:55:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Tampa might make a push for Jimmy G or Carr.  They both are clearly leaving their current teams and there are only so many landing spots for them.  They would make sense in Tampa as a bridge QB while they draft and develop someone (and to be clear they are both better than what you think of as a bridge, but are older and clearly not long haul guys).  That seems more likely than Tampa just throwing in the towel as they do have a fair amount of talent on that team still on both sides of the ball.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1624 on: February 02, 2023, 10:06:47 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Tampa might make a push for Jimmy G or Carr.  They both are clearly leaving their current teams and there are only so many landing spots for them.  They would make sense in Tampa as a bridge QB while they draft and develop someone (and to be clear they are both better than what you think of as a bridge, but are older and clearly not long haul guys).  That seems more likely than Tampa just throwing in the towel as they do have a fair amount of talent on that team still on both sides of the ball.

Good luck to them lol. That HC is a moron and looks clueless half the time on the sidelines  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1625 on: February 02, 2023, 11:16:24 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

I can’t see the Pats being interested in either player. As you mentioned, both guys had decent years statistically, so the asking price is going to be high in terms of draft compensation and then they both have annual salaries in the $17-20M range. Feel like Bill wouldn’t be on board with paying Evans that kind of money considering he’s going to be 30 this year. Godwin is 3 years younger, but is more of a slot WR. If you are going to be paying $20M/year for a #1 wideout, really need someone that can stretch the field more. I’d prefer Brandin Cooks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 11:25:59 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1626 on: February 02, 2023, 11:20:08 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I can’t see the Pats being interested in either guy. As you mentioned, both guys had decent years statistically, so the asking price is going to be high in terms of draft compensation and then they both have annual salaries in the $17-20M range. Feel like Bill wouldn’t be on board with paying Evans that kind of money considering he’s going to be 30 this year. Godwin is 3 years younger, but is more of a slot WR. If you are going to be paying $20M/year for a #1 wideout, really need someone that can stretch the field more. I’d prefer Brandin Cooks.

Cooks is going to be 30 this year too.

« Reply #1627 on: February 02, 2023, 11:26:08 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550

I can’t see the Pats being interested in either guy. As you mentioned, both guys had decent years statistically, so the asking price is going to be high in terms of draft compensation and then they both have annual salaries in the $17-20M range. Feel like Bill wouldn’t be on board with paying Evans that kind of money considering he’s going to be 30 this year. Godwin is 3 years younger, but is more of a slot WR. If you are going to be paying $20M/year for a #1 wideout, really need someone that can stretch the field more. I’d prefer Brandin Cooks.

and isn't as good, though is probably cheaper in both salary and acquisition cost
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1628 on: February 02, 2023, 11:33:30 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Guess I just don’t see Evans fitting in with the Patriots from a personality standpoint either. He’s got a short fuse. Cooks has already been here and succeeded.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1629 on: February 02, 2023, 11:59:26 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Evans vs. Cooks vs. Hopkins

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1630 on: February 02, 2023, 12:07:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Upgrade OL then look to WR.   ;)

« Reply #1631 on: February 02, 2023, 12:25:52 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Hopkins and O’Brien… Together again at last.  :laugh:

« Reply #1632 on: February 02, 2023, 12:33:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!

Upgrade OL then look to WR.   ;)

They need to do both, period. Going into 2023 with no real WR1 is a mistake. Every team seems to have that guy, especially in the AFC (Kelce, Chase, Higgins, Diggs, Hill, Waddle, etc.). The Eagles added AJ Brown and look at how that benefitted Hurts + the Eagles.

Having a WR1 not only helps Mac, but it also opens up things for the other receivers on the team since the defense has to focus on that guy too.

The Pats don't have that guy and it makes the offense fairly predictable.

O-Line has to be first priority but this also shouldn't be an "either, or" thing, get BOTH. No excuse not to beef up the O-Line + add a legit weapon through the Draft and/or using some of the cap space the Pats have
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1633 on: February 02, 2023, 12:35:57 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I can’t see the Pats being interested in either player. As you mentioned, both guys had decent years statistically, so the asking price is going to be high in terms of draft compensation and then they both have annual salaries in the $17-20M range. Feel like Bill wouldn’t be on board with paying Evans that kind of money considering he’s going to be 30 this year. Godwin is 3 years younger, but is more of a slot WR. If you are going to be paying $20M/year for a #1 wideout, really need someone that can stretch the field more. I’d prefer Brandin Cooks.

You mean the guy the Patriots already had at one time, when he was in his prime, and then traded away? ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1634 on: February 02, 2023, 12:38:51 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

You mean the guy the Patriots already had at one time, when he was in his prime, and then traded away? ;D

Pats weren't going to pay him that money.