Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 3 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/10/08 8:00 PM ABC  (Read 87865 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 3 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/10/08 8:00 PM ABC
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2008, 09:31:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I might be in the minority here but I just don't think Sam played that bad. He just missed his three shots, although one was pretty forced.

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

Offline Coach

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 109
I think we need to go to house tonight.  I'd like to see this line up

House
Allen
Pierce
Posey
KG

(obviously not for the whole half, but make the cavs spread out and guard us)

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2008, 09:32:27 PM »

Offline Team Green

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
This is when KG needs to step up and take over the game ... we need a superstar right now, and we're supposed to have three!!

totally agree. this is maybe our biggest problem offensively right now. when Rondo's out there it's 4-on-5, except 3 of those 4 are supposed to be future hall of famers. everytime Garnett shoots the ball (or at least takes it close to the basket) something good happens. keep the ticket!

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Rajon Rondo -- ZERO points, ZERO assists in the first half.  Wally no Knees Sczerbiak leads all scores with 14.  Ray is killing us on both ends of the court.

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2008, 09:32:50 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
until they can win on the road we are all going to extremely frustrated -- and unless they win on the road they are not going much further.

simply amazing
[/quote You are 100 percent correct.  If they get by Cleveland they will never get by the Pistons unless they prove they can win one on the road.  Just the worst half of basketball they have played all year.  The playoffs is probably not the right time to do that.

On another note -- with the point guards sucking so bad, wouldn't it have been a good time to insert Eddie House into the game in that first half?
Good point..i wish someone would tell Doc to put Eddie in.

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
get scalabrine in the game..he plays d and a good passer.and once in awhile he hit that three..

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Why isn't the game on ABC? All that's on is some romantic comedy starring Lebron James and David Stern. It's about an NBA commissioner who will do anything to get his love interest a championship, it's kind of funny some of the calls in this movie are ridiculous, there's no way they would call them in a real game, you should have seen this fake flagrant they called.

OK, OK, I'm not blaming the refs for this lead... entirely (they are never off the hook), the C's really are playing poorly which actually is not what I expected. I expected the Celtics to play well, but not be allowed to win by Lebaby's officiating staff.

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2008, 09:33:35 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
until they can win on the road we are all going to extremely frustrated -- and unless they win on the road they are not going much further.

simply amazing

You are 100 percent correct.  If they get by Cleveland they will never get by the Pistons unless they prove they can win one on the road.  Just the worst half of basketball they have played all year.  The playoffs is probably not the right time to do that.

On another note -- with the point guards sucking so bad, wouldn't it have been a good time to insert Eddie House into the game in that first half?

Team has home court through the playoffs. Didn't realize the 'have' to win on the road. Since when is it taken away if they lose on the road? They can go quite far if they win all their home games like they have been doing. It would be rather nerve wracking if they did though. Something to note though--how many of the other teams with home court won game 3? Not any I can think of. Just something to think about.

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
if i were doc heres wat i would use

house
pp
pose
baby
kg

we need energy out there

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2008, 09:34:54 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

simply amazing

You are 100 percent correct.  If they get by Cleveland they will never get by the Pistons unless they prove they can win one on the road.  Just the worst half of basketball they have played all year.  The playoffs is probably not the right time to do that.

Team has home court through the playoffs. Didn't realize the 'have' to win on the road. Since when is it taken away if they lose on the road? They can go quite far if they win all their home games like they have been doing.

I suppose it could happen, but NO team in the history of the NBA has won a championship wihtout winning a road game.  Just saying.

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Man, Cleveland was just begging the C's to make a run there, and we couldn't cut in the last few minutes.  Rondo's been useless, and so has Sam.  Not sure where you turn there.  Pierce had a good half I thought.

Still winnable.

Redz hits it.  Let's give the boys the benefit of a second half, no?  Especially after how wonderfully they played late in Game 1 and throughout the final three quarters of Game 2?

Here's hoping Doc's ability as a motivator comes in handy big time here.

Curious that for all his lineup switching thus far, we haven't seen any of the Pugnacious Papoose.  Powe looked good, but Perk's been a disaster (his tied-for-second-six-points notwithstanding), and the Infant often provides some energy if nothing else.

I'm with Nick, too.  Didn't think Sam was all that bad...not a world-beater by any stretch of the imagination, but it's been a 'team effort' all the way around thus far...

...more SamPo(we)sium!

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Rajon Rondo -- ZERO points, ZERO assists in the first half.  Wally no Knees Sczerbiak leads all scores with 14.  Ray is killing us on both ends of the court.
Another good point Vinnie,Ray Allen is hurting us and Doc keeps sticking with him,what is expecting to see.I wish he would give House and TA a shot.TA probably could slow Wally up.

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2008, 09:36:32 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

simply amazing

Team has home court through the playoffs. Didn't realize the 'have' to win on the road. Since when is it taken away if they lose on the road? They can go quite far if they win all their home games like they have been doing.
Actually, if we win all of our home games, we win the title gauranteed.

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2008, 09:37:33 PM »

Offline Team Green

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Why isn't the game on ABC? All that's on is some romantic comedy starring Lebron James and David Stern. It's about an NBA commissioner who will do anything to get his love interest a championship, it's kind of funny some of the calls in this movie are ridiculous, there's no way they would call them in a real game, you should have seen this fake flagrant they called.

OK, OK, I'm not blaming the refs for this lead... entirely (they are never off the hook), the C's really are playing poorly which actually is not what I expected. I expected the Celtics to play well, but not be allowed to win by Lebaby's officiating staff.

i agree that the Celtics are more to blame than the referees, but the refs have been terrible. look at the all-star crew out there tonight: Greg Willard, Jim Clark, Bennett Salvatore

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
kg is not a leader...he is a motivator..paul needs to lead HIS team..put paul in with the bench and see things turn around...the bench is so important now...

but i can undersatnd doc makin ray and kev earn they millons but this is pauls squad...let him lead..