Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)  (Read 341917 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2007, 11:52:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
So I think we should just take the top 6 BPA's and assign them, with Evan getting Tim duncan, all the way down to whoever is below Al Jefferson.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2007, 11:55:20 PM »

Offline AllabouttheGREEN

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 66
I agree Indeed, but fear that a few people who missed the first round entirely may bail out completely, rather that accept the BPA.  I would see how it shakes out by 2PM manana.

"If you don't want to know much about basketball, then watch Gary and Greg on FSN..."

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2007, 12:08:31 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
manana? is that really how you spell that? It sounds so much prettier when said aloud.

Also as far as the bailing goes..thats why I think we pick now, it's easier to find substitute managers when they're dealing with first round talent.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 12:11:47 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 61
To be honest, there is still a ton of talent left on the board and a few players imo who could have gone in the top 10-15.

To be honest, after the big 2 Kobe/Lebron (you can also put KG in this class altho I think his #'s will drop off some and Dwade if he is healthy) the rest of the 4-20 or so guys are roughly all the same and no one is really getting screwed except evan but in a way that's his fault because he missed not just 1 but 2 days.

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2007, 12:15:59 AM »

Offline AllabouttheGREEN

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 66
manana? is that really how you spell that? It sounds so much prettier when said aloud.

Also as far as the bailing goes..thats why I think we pick now, it's easier to find substitute managers when they're dealing with first round talent.
LOL, I think that's how you write it, but I know its got a funky accent mark as well.  I'm not sure you can access that on C'sblog, but its probably on here somewhere or will be soon enough.

If you guys think we can get solid sub managers to step in, than by all means hook the other folks up w/ the best players remaining.  Still plenty of talent available.

"If you don't want to know much about basketball, then watch Gary and Greg on FSN..."

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2007, 09:19:57 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Sorry for the delay peeps.  I left my computer at work.  My pick:

Andre Iguodala

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

LOL, I think that's how you write it, but I know its got a funky accent mark as well.  I'm not sure you can access that on C'sblog, but its probably on here somewhere or will be soon enough.

If you guys think we can get solid sub managers to step in, than by all means hook the other folks up w/ the best players remaining.  Still plenty of talent available.

Just for the record  Its MaÑana  ;D

Pronounce it Manyana
ant the name of the funny accent is even funnier Virgulilla the u have the two points over it called dieresis.
Well thats your todays spanish lesson courtesy of Me.

Put ur keyboard in spanish and press the ;

In other news PLEASE dont comment on potential draft order
that makes things difficult for sleepers ..and hey I get Marion last round at 10
lol...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:18:42 AM by Edgar »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
So I think we should just take the top 6 BPA's and assign them, with Evan getting Tim duncan, all the way down to whoever is below Al Jefferson.

I sadly have to disagree, this is a league of commitment
Its not fair to asign players for the ones that are hoping sleepers

Now we have 15 of 20 active participants and they deserve to be prized with better picks if the rest of the people never appears
Im sure one or two will appear today, but Im not ready to give a prize to the Absent.
Sorry.

Nice to be back!

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2007, 10:21:29 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
My two cents:

I'd actually favor contracting our league to the 15 active managers. Give the missing 5 until this afternoon to either submit their missing pick, or find a proxy to run their team instead. Whichever of them are still no-shows, drop them. A league of 15 teams with 16 players a team is still a very deep league.

If push comes to shove, however, I guess I'd be OK with assigning BPA at the end of each round to the teams who haven't picked.

Still MIA:

BigAlTheFuture: last logged on yesterday, 9:50 PM
Celtics Fan Forever: last logged on Oct 14, 7:50 PM
Evantime34: last logged on Oct 14, 6:40 PM
Jayhovaone: last logged on today, 7:30 AM
Larrybird17: last logged on today, 6:55 AM

CFF and Evantime just might not have gotten the recent messages about the draft. The others ought to have received word, though.

Perhaps a 'last call' to these 5 is in order . . .
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:39:04 AM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If you are looking for someone still later, you can PM me. 

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2007, 10:36:40 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Jayhovaone is looking for were to pick in the filled thread I just PM him and ask him to make his pick at anytime in this one (The Draft thread)
Hopefully he will see the message and pick today his No.11
his todays pickt  goes around 6.00 or 7.00 but I will post todays schedule here again

No.21 Walker Wiggle 2.00 to 2.30
No.22  2.30 to 3.00
No.23  3.00 to 3.30
No.24  3.30 to 4.00 
No.25  4.00 to 4.30
No.26  4.30 to 5.00
No.27  5.00 to 5.30
No.28  5.30 to 6.00
No.29  6.00 to 6.30
No.30  6.30 to 7.00
No.31  7.00 to 7.30
No.32  7.30 to 8.00
No.33  8.00 to 8.30
No.34  8.30 to 9.00
No.35  9.00 to 9.30
No.36  9.30 to 10.00
No.37  10.00 to 10.30
No.38  10.30 to 11.00
No.39  11.00
No.40  after him to 2.00 p.m. next day

Nice to be back!

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2007, 10:49:03 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
This is especially frustrating because a few of the guys who are on the "haven't picked" list are the guys that had special exceptions made for them to be a part of the league.  I agree with Lucky17 - if they haven't picked by the end of today, then they should get booted, especially if we can find replacements who will show up.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2007, 10:59:20 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney
Blake and JGod both PMed me their picks incase they can't make the draft today, so if they aren't around when it's their turn to pick, lemme know.

Also I think we should kick some owners out immediatly and look for replacements if these owners aren't back by 2 (we should let the replacement owners be able to pick in the first round before others start picking in the 2nd.) Like indeedproceed said, it will be much easier/more competitive to kick out the inactive managers now that they still have first round talent avaliable than to wait til the 2nd round is completed.

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2007, 11:17:12 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Blake and JGod both PMed me their picks incase they can't make the draft today, so if they aren't around when it's their turn to pick, lemme know.

Also I think we should kick some owners out immediatly and look for replacements if these owners aren't back by 2 (we should let the replacement owners be able to pick in the first round before others start picking in the 2nd.) Like indeedproceed said, it will be much easier/more competitive to kick out the inactive managers now that they still have first round talent avaliable than to wait til the 2nd round is completed.

We are 15 now, if people didnt appear at 2.00 p.m. why not recruit only 3 more. And make them pick at the first slots, 1,2, and 3 in order of introduction ( to put them last will give them too much advantage with back to back picks). 18 players is a deep league as Lucky said.

Nice to be back!

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2007, 11:18:38 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney

We are 15 now, if people didnt appear at 2.00 p.m. why not recruit only 3 more. And make them pick at the first slots, 1,2, and 3 in order of introduction ( to put them last will give them too much advantage with back to back picks). 18 players is a deep league as Lucky said.

Ok that is fine, it looks like we already have Whleedi to fill in 1 spot. I will go make a thread right now on it to try and get 2 more people. We will have to try to make sure they are reliable/active but there obv isnt a sure fire way to know this.