Author Topic: J Green+Sully+Melo for Bargnani  (Read 5636 times)

J Green+Sully+Melo for Bargnani
« on: November 02, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I want shot blocking back in a trade. He doesn't do that. But we could start two seven footers, and the starting five would be much more talented, and the offense could be awesome.
 For Toronto They Get a future starting Five of Kyle Lowry, Derozan, Green, Sully, and Melo. Not bad they stink anyway.

Re: J Green+Sully+Melo for Bargnani
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No interested one bit in Bargs.

We need another big who can take the defensive/rebounding burden off of KG, not a player who'd put even more of a burden on KG!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think Bargani would be pretty good on offense with Rondo,but play zero defense,can't rebound and seems really soft. Unless we are getting him for Bass and Lee, no thanks.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If the Celtics wanted someone with the rebounding skills of Bargnani, they could have just kept Ryan Hollins around.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 05:49:03 PM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
I'd take the other 7-footer from Toronto, Jonas Valanciunas ...

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Is this thread a joke? Seriously Bargnani?!  :o
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 05:58:57 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I am hoping, really hoping, that Sully and Green can have great performances tonight. Not because I think it will mean anything (it's only 1 game), but so there can be a reprieve from Green/Sully trade talk.  I know trade talk is all in fun and curiosity, but I would love a moratorium for 20-25 games to just get know the current team without thinking about changes.  Of course the easier thing would be for me not to read trade threads.  Sorry. 

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I am hoping, really hoping, that Sully and Green can have great performances tonight. Not because I think it will mean anything (it's only 1 game), but so there can be a reprieve from Green/Sully trade talk.  I know trade talk is all in fun and curiosity, but I would love a moratorium for 20-25 games to just get know the current team without thinking about changes.  Of course the easier thing would be for me not to read trade threads.  Sorry.

People are antsy, nothing new. I, however, think our best basketball will start after the Allstar break... like Doc has said, we are going to be very good, we aren't their yet, BUT he thinks we are still good enough to win games (like, we should have beaten Mia). I see us winning the games we should, but under-perform (but still win), against the tougher competition. I hope we don't ruin a season by a trade because it is so tough to gain chemistry, then if you get a "star", it's going to be even harder for them to accept the role Doc gives them in that short time (how would "Smith" really handle getting less shots, not even being the second star, and learning the defense in a short period?). When you make trades you factor in more than how good a player is (if you didn't, DWest would have a job easily, instead of begging on Twitter)!

I'm on the stick with what we have train!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 06:39:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
non starter

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
no, dudes not a center, next

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I am the probably the biggest Bargs fan in this forum, and even I would say no to this. We do not need a forward who cannot help defend and not a rebounder. I understand that, at best he'll give 16-18 points a night, but it just something that we don't need.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Not to nit-pick, but this thread (and others like it) should have "proposal" in the title.

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The first (that I've read) of the 1,000,000 inevitable posts about ridding ourselves of Jeff Green's absurd contract by adding in Sully or Bradley for a good but not great player in return. Ugh. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Bargnani is actually a very good defender at his position, since he was moved from C to PF and got a defensive minded coach. His opponent PER according to 82games.com went from 21.3 in 2010-11 to 14.3 in 2011-12. This stat also passed the eye test. He can stay in front of most PFs and he has great reach.

However, this proposed trade would leave a huge hole behind Pierce at SF. And I would rather keep Sullinger, than build around Bargnani after the end of the Pierce/Garnett era.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:09:26 PM by European NBA fan »

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I wouldnt even trade Sully for Bargnani straight up. Waaaay too much to give up for a mediocre one trick pony.