Poll

Who Should be "Shown The Love"?  (editor's comments)

BuckeyeCelt --  Bleeds Green & has passed it on to 7 month old daughter!!!
1 (1.2%)
BudweiserCeltic -- "I will be alone for Valentine's. I need some love, so please show me some."
3 (3.5%)
Chanpkind -- Has to live in Indianapolis
2 (2.4%)
drza44 --  Was a diehard TWolves fan & Bengal fan, has paid his sports dues and looking for a reward
1 (1.2%)
CelticsWhat35 -- Very proud of getting into a verbal tiff w/ Mario Elie after a Celts game
2 (2.4%)
BigTicket -- Life long Minnesota fan who's teams are a farm system to the Boston sports scene.
3 (3.5%)
Redz -- Willing to show the love right back (not clear if you have to expose yourself first though?)
2 (2.4%)
Celtics1990 -- 2 week suspension from school computers for visiting Celticsblog
2 (2.4%)
Truck Lewis -- The poor guy is channeling A-Rod
3 (3.5%)
Casperian -- Vote for him is an anti-vote for Kobe (not sure how that works in real life, but it's what he claims)
1 (1.2%)
Hoyo de Monterrey  -- In the dog house for quittin in the middle of doing the deed with his lady to watch the last 30 seconds of a tie game (Dude, what are you nuts???)
5 (5.9%)
Nickagenta -- either because he thinks it's not easy being a Celitcs fan or because he loves Kermit T Frog (not exactly sure which he was trying to convey)
3 (3.5%)
Roy Hobbs -- Gives out tons of TPs, approaching 1800 TPs and is in a happy healthy relationship with a young lady (hopefully not too young)
5 (5.9%)
YallHate -- Is misunderstood by some in the CB community
1 (1.2%)
Edgar -- Ask Edgar thread
6 (7.1%)
Fairweatherfan -- Claims your mother, girlfriend / wife is calling him & he's ready to start returning calls (Hey, I am just typing what is posted)
2 (2.4%)
Celtic -- Told Michael Thompson to his face that he and the Lakers sucked... when I was 8! (spelt Mychal)
4 (4.7%)
KCatthestripe -- Fenced on Red Auerbach court at Brandeis Univeristy (Would have won hands down if it was "fenced w/ Red)
2 (2.4%)
SSFan 4.0 -- Gives all new posters TPs, humble and is recovering from pneumonia & humble (can't stress the humble part enough)
3 (3.5%)
Tnerb02 -- Started liking the Celts when Antoine was the best player (No mention of Brett Szabo)
1 (1.2%)
Greg683x -- Is buying a Boston Terrier in a few weeks, has already bought it a Celtics shirt  (A BU Terrier?)
0 (0%)
RebusRankin -- I am Canadian  (So is Shania, I'll give her TPs all day long)
1 (1.2%)
SquishPCFriar -- Is confessing the love to the GF this weekend (yikes)
2 (2.4%)
Dark_Lord -- "Even a dark lord of the sith needs a little love"
5 (5.9%)
zerophase -- Worried about getting accepted into an elite college this month (All you public college students & grads, he's asking for your love)
0 (0%)
BigAlTheFuture -- "I'm broke, I love the Celtics, I hate the Lakers, my car almost got stolen last night, and I love you guys."  (Almost stolen, kind of like almost pregnant)
1 (1.2%)
KW10 -- He and girlfriend refer to Kobe as the rapist (nothing like true puppy love bonding)
1 (1.2%)
CDIF911 -- started the SOTOTT Thread  (ok, I put this one in, but it is the coolest thread ever!!)
2 (2.4%)
RAcker -- Lives in Alabama and the Celts are 4-0 in games he's attended  (Auburn or the Tide?)
1 (1.2%)
FLCeltsfan -- Hubby watches NBA with her
8 (9.4%)
AustrianCelticfan -- Only Celtic (hoops not football) fan in Austria
2 (2.4%)
MBZ -- "A girl wouldn't start a relationship with me because she said she could never top my love of the Celtics"  (not sure where to being on this one)
3 (3.5%)
shiz1111 -- sacrafised big time for many months on personal items to buy hubby 60" to watch Celts games (Pretty cool)
4 (4.7%)
AMC -- Son will be chirstened tomorrow wearing green & white (promises pictures)
3 (3.5%)
Toine43 -- "Watched the Celtics game last night instead of finishing a reseach paper and getting sleep"
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: February 24, 2009, 02:20:04 AM

Author Topic: WE HAVE SHOWN THE LOVE -- 3 WAY WINNER!!!  (Read 47889 times)

Re: The "Show Me The Love" Valentine's Day CelticBlog TP Contest
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2009, 10:24:53 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11847
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Because the NBA decided to schedule the best part of All-Star weekend (dunk contest, skills, "GEICO" ::), 3pt) on Valentine's day...

Meaning I along with a huge percentage of the population will be unable to watch it due to romantic conflicts :'(

My hubby knows that the best Valentine's gift he can give me is to watch the NBA All Star events with me!

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
Because the NBA decided to schedule the best part of All-Star weekend (dunk contest, skills, "GEICO" ::), 3pt) on Valentine's day...

Meaning I along with a huge percentage of the population will be unable to watch it due to romantic conflicts :'(

My hubby knows that the best Valentine's gift he can give me is to watch the NBA All Star events with me!

I gave you a TP out of sheer jealousy!!  I think that's a first.   :)
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2009, 10:49:29 AM »

Offline AustrianCeltic

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I´m probably the only Celtic diehard in whole Austria (NOT Australia, that is  8)). And everytime I wear some Celtic stuff I still keep getting asked how "CELTIC GLASGOW" is doing!!!!  ::)

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147

I gave you a TP out of sheer jealousy!!  I think that's a first.   :)

same.  best wife ever

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2009, 10:57:29 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
A girl wouldn't start a relationship with me because she said she could never top my love of the Celtics.
do it

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2009, 11:12:02 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
I'd like some love for retooling my entire budget and going without getting my nails or hair professionally done for months in favor of saving up for a 60-inch plasma TV that my husband wanted. Let me say this again...I went for MONTHS without getting my nails and hair professionally done. You men out here better not act like this isn't a huge sacrafice. My husband wanted the TV regardless but he actually got me to make all of these sacrafices by mentioning that we could get it in time for the finals. As soon as he said "But baby, you could watch the Celtics in the finals on the new TV" all that other stuff had be put on pause. Show me the luuuuuv!

Also, I have the folks at my job under the impression that I work extra hours because of the emails I handle at night after work. Actually, I don't have time to do it during the day because I'm generally reading through Celtic's Blog (come on, that's important!) I have no choice but to make sure all my work is done at night  ;D

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
All "Love Requests" must be in by 3PM on Friday.

Even if we file for a "Love Extension"?

I think you can get those at the pharmacy.

So is that a yes or a no?  :D

A deadline is a deadline.  In this case "Love knows a few boundaries"

Thanks for clarifying
Yup

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2009, 11:17:42 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I'd like some love for retooling my entire budget and going without getting my nails or hair professionally done for months in favor of saving up for a 60-inch plasma TV that my husband wanted. Let me say this again...I went for MONTHS without getting my nails and hair professionally done. You men out here better not act like this isn't a huge sacrafice. My husband wanted the TV regardless but he actually got me to make all of these sacrafices by mentioning that we could get it in time for the finals. As soon as he said "But baby, you could watch the Celtics in the finals on the new TV" all that other stuff had be put on pause. Show me the luuuuuv!

Before you get my vote, I need to know this:

JUST HOW MUCH DO YOU NORMALLY SPEND ON NAILS OVER THE COURSE OF A YEAR???

and

Did your nails look like this after making this sacrifice for your beloved schnookums?

Yup

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
Did your nails look like this after making this sacrifice for your beloved schnookums?

Wow. Just...wow. I'm so very happy to say my nails didn't look a thing like that, LOL. That's a hot mess! I was definitely spending a couple of hundred a month for both things. That hair and nail money was just enough to put us over the top. And ohhhhh, watching the games on that thing?! Totally worth it. I'd do it all over again.

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Wow. Just...wow. I'm so very happy to say my nails didn't look a thing like that, LOL. That's a hot mess! I was definitely spending a couple of hundred a month for both things. That hair and nail money was just enough to put us over the top. And ohhhhh, watching the games on that thing?! Totally worth it. I'd do it all over again.

trying to continue this off topic
all those services are ridiculous expensive in the USA
all over latin america u can go 10 times for the prize u go once there at states
Hair things and similars....
 :o
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2009, 09:42:18 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
To be tallied tomorrow afternoon.  Voting to start at 3 PM

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2009, 09:11:51 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I once fenced on Red Auerbach court at Brandeis Univeristy.

Do you lose TP's for admitting to Fencing?   ;D

Just kidding

No shame in admitting to a sport that's been in the Olympics longer than Basketball.

:)

Fencing was SWEET in Die Another Day.

But I was just pulling your leg...I have nothing against Fencing.

Another example of why fencing is awesome:

http://timmorehouse.wordpress.com/2009/02/13/fencing-is-a-sexy-sport-part-ii-ukrainian-fencing-gold-medalists-pose-for-sexy-magazine-cover/

The "Show Me The Love" Valentine's Day CelticBlog Poll
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2009, 03:26:56 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
Voting is now open

Re: VOTE in the "Show Me The Love" Poll
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
Moderator, is there a way to allow for multiple votes?

Re: VOTE in the "Show Me The Love" Poll
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Moderator, is there a way to allow for multiple votes?

Yes.  How many would you like? 

I locked voting until this is vital piece of polling is sorted out.

I already voted, but I'd still stick with just one vote for one CB members supreme beauty sacrifice!
Yup