Author Topic: Celtics (47-14) at Nets (26-33) 3/4  (Read 79747 times)

Re: Celtics (47-14) at Nets (26-33) 3/4
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2009, 12:03:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
2. **** is doc putting marbury on guys bigger than him?? please doc stop. friday if they bring in wally counter with bill walker on wally...not steph
He is guarding the shooting guard of the opponents and Eddie House is guarding the point guard. If you're going to play Eddie and Stephon at the same time I'm not sure how you can avoid this. In this case the SG was VC. Trenton Hassel was covered by Bill Walker. Stephon on Hassel isn't a good match up either.

vince is not the shooting guard when the lineup is

1.harris
2. hayes
3. VC

and walter herman is not Detroit's SG.
Really well Hayes is still 6-8 and not a good matchup for Stephon either. In the Detroit game Curry had both Prince and Herman in for wings. So unless you're willing to pull Marbury or House whenever the opponent goes with two bigger wings this is going to happen.

I can understand why you'd want to let that happen but if you're going to keep Ray/Pierce/Rondo under 40 minutes I'm not sure what you can do to avoid this situation. Other than give more minutes to Walker/Giddens and less to House/Marbury.

« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7

1.harris
2. hayes
3. VC

Vince is the shooting guard in either line-up.  Hassel and Hayes are both forwards and both are bigger and strongetr than Carter. 

When Marburry was guarding Herrmann the line-up for Detroit was Prince-Brown-Bynum-Herrmann-McDyess.  So, yes, Herrmann was the shooting guard in that line-up. Who else is Marbury going to guard in that line-up?

Doc can only work with the players he has healthy and on the bench.

« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
2. **** is doc putting marbury on guys bigger than him?? please doc stop. friday if they bring in wally counter with bill walker on wally...not steph
He is guarding the shooting guard of the opponents and Eddie House is guarding the point guard. If you're going to play Eddie and Stephon at the same time I'm not sure how you can avoid this. In this case the SG was VC. Trenton Hassel was covered by Bill Walker. Stephon on Hassel isn't a good match up either.

1.harris
2. hayes
3. VC

Really well Hayes is still 6-8 and not a good matchup for Stephon either. In the Detroit game Curry had both Prince and Herman in for wings. So unless you're willing to pull Marbury or House whenever the opponent goes with two bigger wings this is going to happen.

I can understand why you'd want to let that happen but if you're going to keep Ray/Pierce/Rondo under 40 minutes I'm not sure what you can do to avoid this situation. Other than give more minutes to Walker/Giddens and less to House/Marbury.

you wouldnt have rather had ray guard VC? i would have.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #393 on: March 05, 2009, 10:44:41 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

1.harris
2. hayes
3. VC

you wouldnt have rather had ray guard VC? i would have.

Ray wasn't in the game for one of the situations, I believe it was Bill Walker, Marbury and House.

Ray on Vince might be better. But Stephon is equally bad, maybe worse, on a SF. Plus I believe this is Doc trying to work out how we'll use Marbury/House together. It seems clear he wants Stephon to guard the 2 in this situation.