Author Topic: Celtics interview list  (Read 50174 times)

Re: Celtics interview list
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2020, 12:46:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'll be happy with Tyrell.

I love Paul Reed's game: I'd be happy to take him at 26.

Me too.

I'd love to add Paul "Jerami Grant" Reed to the C's with a late first....

interesting comparison. Not bad

but Reed needs to add at least 15-20 pounds of mass, to be able to bang/able to deal with NBA frontcourt physicality

I think Danny has Jajuan Johnson reservations.  .... can this frontcourt player add the necessary mass?

The Celts should consider Achiuwa at 14 if unable to trade down for Okongwu (for front court depth) 

I still like Tillman, but the more you watch his game.... we already have Grant Williams.  Tillman is a few inches taller, but is not very quick/explosive. Lacks verticality unless has space to jump.

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2020, 03:40:31 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I've heard that Reed is a knucklehead. Anybody know anything about that?

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2020, 04:22:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I hadn't heard that, but given the fact that a player of his abilities and athleticism are in high demand right now, the fact that most NBA draft gurus who are plugged into NBA front offices have him pegged as a late 1st/early 2nd prospect, it seems like there is something that is holding him back from rising up draft boards.

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2020, 07:16:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

I hadn't heard that, but given the fact that a player of his abilities and athleticism are in high demand right now, the fact that most NBA draft gurus who are plugged into NBA front offices have him pegged as a late 1st/early 2nd prospect, it seems like there is something that is holding him back from rising up draft boards.
this is something I found online about paul reed weaknesses:

Weaknesses
While Reed’s skill set is intriguing at his size, it did cause problems in the way of turnovers. As a focal point of DePaul’s offense this season, Reed had a tendency to get overzealous with putting the ball on the floor.

At his size and with his athletic ability, he could be a dynamic roller at the NBA level. He didn’t run a ton of pick-and-roll at DePaul and his screen setting leaves a lot to be desired.

The height and length are tantalizing, but he’ll need to get stronger to finish at the rim and guard NBA bigs. The good news is he looks like he has the frame to hold more muscle.

While positionless basketball is the way the NBA is trending, I still worry a bit about where Reed fits. Will he get strong enough to hang on the block? Is he agile enough to operate on the perimeter?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/76ers/2020-nba-draft-profile-paul-reed-depaul-sixers
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2020, 07:33:35 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

this is something I found online about paul reed weaknesses:

Weaknesses
While Reed’s skill set is intriguing at his size, it did cause problems in the way of turnovers. As a focal point of DePaul’s offense this season, Reed had a tendency to get overzealous with putting the ball on the floor.

At his size and with his athletic ability, he could be a dynamic roller at the NBA level. He didn’t run a ton of pick-and-roll at DePaul and his screen setting leaves a lot to be desired.

The height and length are tantalizing, but he’ll need to get stronger to finish at the rim and guard NBA bigs. The good news is he looks like he has the frame to hold more muscle.

While positionless basketball is the way the NBA is trending, I still worry a bit about where Reed fits. Will he get strong enough to hang on the block? Is he agile enough to operate on the perimeter?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/76ers/2020-nba-draft-profile-paul-reed-depaul-sixers

I mean we made it far with guys like Olynyk, Theis, etc. There's no way this kid could be any worse.

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2020, 10:39:03 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
added

Daniel Oturu

Not a player ive been high on. At first glanced didn't like his feel for the game. Ill have to watch more of him.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
added

Daniel Oturu

Not a player ive been high on. At first glanced didn't like his feel for the game. Ill have to watch more of him.

Me either. I've not been as high on him. He does have a big wingspan. He's a very productive player. He also plays really hard, which is good.

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2020, 12:29:49 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
added Quickley, he is a guard who I think have the potential to be the steal of the second round. I have increasingly wondered what really separates him from Tyrell Terry. Both have future 3pt contest champ potential.

He is probably my biggest "why aren't they ranked higher guy". He checks a lot of the boxes that projects well for prospects. Played for team USA, was a 90 on the ESPN top 100 rating, has +5 length, and played at UK.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:51:26 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2020, 12:50:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
added Quickley, he is a guard who I think have the potential to be the steal of the second round. I have increasingly wondered what really separates him from Tyrell Terry. Both have future 3pt contest champ potential.

Yeah, I'm getting nervous with all the Tyrell Terry going to Celtics with 14th pick. His size really concerns me. 

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2020, 03:36:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yeah, I'm getting nervous with all the Tyrell Terry going to Celtics with 14th pick. His size really concerns me.

Isnt he listed at 6'3 or 6'2?  With recently adding 20 lbs

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2020, 03:53:31 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Isnt he listed at 6'3 or 6'2?  With recently adding 20 lbs

From what I've seen I expect Terry to measure  6'3 in shoes and 174lbs. Ive seen his wingspan estimated to be around 6'4-6'5.

for comparison Quickley was 6'3 in shoes 185lbs with a 6'7.25" wingspan at the UK combine his freshman year. Giving him identical meausrmnte to Avery Bradley but 5 lbs heavier.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2020, 09:52:15 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Wondering where they are going to put any draftee beyond the 14th.

I realize the draft may not yield a 6'9" front court presence and a 7' ummm...frontcourt presence, but, the last time I checked that is pretty much the only players they need beyond guys that won't get more than a few minutes in a playoff game.

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2020, 10:36:01 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Added Cassius Stanley

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2020, 10:47:45 AM »