Author Topic: Feedback: what would you change about Celticsblog?  (Read 49297 times)

Re: Feedback: what would you change about Celticsblog?
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
any way of making it possible to see either who gives you tp's or even better what threads tp's are coming from? 

I'll notice that I will go weeks without getting any, then all of a sudden I will get like 5 in a day.  It would be interesting to see what threads are generating the tp's.

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2009, 06:11:08 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
At the "Pages" section at the bottom of the post, the options are the page numbers or "Go Up".  Most websites also have a "Next" button for the next page.  It throws me off sometimes, I expect to go to the next page and it brings me to the top.  I'm used to it now so I don't do it anymore, but it might be a good thing for newer bloggers.  It would seem more natural for it to be a "Next Page" instead of "Go Up".

Also, when users reply to multiple posts with one liners and each response takes up half a page with previous quotes it sometime dominates a post and ruins it.  I don't know how it could be resolved, but that sometimes makes me give up on a thread when it's just two guys arguing back and forth and taking up all the space.

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
any way of making it possible to see either who gives you tp's or even better what threads tp's are coming from? 

I'll notice that I will go weeks without getting any, then all of a sudden I will get like 5 in a day.  It would be interesting to see what threads are generating the tp's.

Yeah, that's a good one. I don't agree with the knowing who gave you a tp one, but certainly for which post if possible. I myself don't like the practice of people voicing who they give their TPs to, but that just me.

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

Yeah, that's a good one. I don't agree with the knowing who gave you a tp one, but certainly for which post if possible. I myself don't like the practice of people voicing who they give their TPs to, but that just me.
I asked about this one a while ago but I don't think they can do it.  I like the idea though.

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I asked about this one a while ago but I don't think they can do it.  I like the idea though.

Yep, can't be done.  I wouldn't be in favor of seeing who is giving out TPs, necessarily, but it would be nice to see what posts are earning them.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
At the "Pages" section at the bottom of the post, the options are the page numbers or "Go Up".  Most websites also have a "Next" button for the next page.  It throws me off sometimes, I expect to go to the next page and it brings me to the top.  I'm used to it now so I don't do it anymore, but it might be a good thing for newer bloggers.  It would seem more natural for it to be a "Next Page" instead of "Go Up".

Also, when users reply to multiple posts with one liners and each response takes up half a page with previous quotes it sometime dominates a post and ruins it.  I don't know how it could be resolved, but that sometimes makes me give up on a thread when it's just two guys arguing back and forth and taking up all the space.

In terms of the first option, I don't think there's anything we can do.  We can do "next" between threads, but I don't think we can for separate pages within a thread.

As for the second, I believe we can change this setting, but last time we discussed it, most people wanted to keep the quote settings as is.  It helps allow members to see context when they're attempting to track a conversation between 2 or 3 posters.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

Yep, can't be done.  I wouldn't be in favor of seeing who is giving out TPs, necessarily, but it would be nice to see what posts are earning them.

Yea I agree I dont really care about knowing who is giving them (I may not have made that clear) but I would like to know which posts.  oh well, I guess if it cant be done it cant be done.

« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Eh... there's an awful lot of green on this blog... anything you can do about that??

;)

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
1) move more SBN blogs down below Celtics schedule

2) move Atlantic standings up under latest forum topics

That's really all I can think of, looks good.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2009, 05:52:49 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
I think you should probably find some way of separating the latest off topic topics from the latest forum topics list (but still making the latest off topic posts visible). This kind of relates to Wide Load's fanpost, because although I enjoy them, I don't like the way that the off topic threads are dominating the Celtics talk threads. Looking at the list of latest forum topics now, only 2 are related to the Celtics.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I think you should probably find some way of separating the latest off topic topics from the latest forum topics list (but still making the latest off topic posts visible). This kind of relates to Wide Load's fanpost, because although I enjoy them, I don't like the way that the off topic threads are dominating the Celtics talk threads. Looking at the list of latest forum topics now, only 2 are related to the Celtics.

The Fanposts don't show up in the Latest Forum Topics. And if all you're concerend about is Celtics Talk, just keep yourself to that forum and you won't need to use the Latest Forum Topics.

« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, and it's probably something you guys have already considered, but how about being able to edit comments one makes in stories from the front page. Not a fan of double posting when I have something to add/fix.

While we are at it, any reason why you guys decided to keep the International Zone forum section? No one uses Foros en Espaņol, seems like a waste of space to me, and Global Basketball should fit quite well as a child forum of around the NBA, or simply be included in the Around the League section.

It makes too much sense to me to not do it, so just wondering...

« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2009, 09:20:09 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, and it's probably something you guys have already considered, but how about being able to edit comments one makes in stories from the front page. Not a fan of double posting when I have something to add/fix.

SBN is investigating changes to their front page commenting system.  We've made some recommendations, and an edit feature is one of them.

While we are at it, any reason why you guys decided to keep the International Zone forum section? No one uses Foros en Espaņol, seems like a waste of space to me, and Global Basketball should fit quite well as a child forum of around the NBA, or simply be included in the Around the League section.

It makes too much sense to me to not do it, so just wondering...

The Spanish forums are one of Edgar's pet projects, and they're not really hurting anything, so we're inclined to keep them.

« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2009, 09:21:22 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
The Spanish forums are one of Edgar's pet projects, and they're not really hurting anything, so we're inclined to keep them.

LOL, I knew it!

« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2009, 10:24:08 AM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Get rid of the automatic suspension you have on my account please!