Author Topic: are perrys knees an issue it seems like a simple question to ask and answer  (Read 4472 times)

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
are perry jones knee issues behind him,has he had a medical evaluation,did we pursue perry or did okc seek celtics to unload him
how much thought was put into this or was it just a shot in dark and a win win situation
what will perry have to do to get a spot-will his potential outweigh results in pre season
was the knee surgery part of a degenerative condition that was diagnosed before draft,
does he have a issues with other knee-
the p-3 testing reported his mechanics were putting pressure on knees and that he didn't have motor issue ,has he continued that treatment and issue resolved
perry could be the catalyst for a waiver or multiple trades
-the fans deserve some answers
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:07:02 PM by rollie mass »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
more questions,is he working out in waltham,if so how does he look,-
did okc give him away to atlantic division rather than a western team where the give away could come back to haunt management
will celts look at him like a project and potential because of age and athletic ability or does he have to beat someone out almost like a challenger in a world title boxing match a draw goes to the incumbant
has the long ,hard look started yet-
perry has major implications,
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 04:52:47 AM by rollie mass »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I don`t think that NBA teams (bilion USD corporations) complete a trade without physicals .....

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
well he had a red flag before draft and there were reports his knees had 4yrs,he did have arthoscopic surgery recently
-was it just a cleanup-

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
If his knees were an issue it was in the past. All NBA trades require physicals by the teams' medical staffs.

If Boston medical saw something disturbing with his knees the trade would have been voided.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Other than a knee bruise, his knees haven't been an issue at all during his NBA career. Still, he hasn't played enough to really test their durability either. I really like PJ3's potential and versatility, size and athleticism. I don't see Ainge cutting him, I think if that was the plan he wouldn't have been introduced at the press conference, Dragic was not, and would already have been cut like Dragic has. I see a trade coming before cut down day.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
If his knees were an issue it was in the past. All NBA trades require physicals by the teams' medical staffs.

If Boston medical saw something disturbing with his knees the trade would have been voided.
This is not, neessarily true. If Jones can't play or doesn't make the team, the Celtics still win the trade because they got a 2nd round pick and money to pay Jones' salary. So even if they know his knees are a possible problem, they'd probably still do the deal to get a pick for nothing and see what happens with the knees.  I mean, they still might cut him even if he's healthy.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27

This is not, neessarily true. If Jones can't play or doesn't make the team, the Celtics still win the trade because they got a 2nd round pick and money to pay Jones' salary. So even if they know his knees are a possible problem, they'd probably still do the deal to get a pick for nothing and see what happens with the knees.  I mean, they still might cut him even if he's healthy.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to that either. It's a win-win for Boston either way.

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Other than a knee bruise, his knees haven't been an issue at all during his NBA career. Still, he hasn't played enough to really test their durability either. I really like PJ3's potential and versatility, size and athleticism. I don't see Ainge cutting him, I think if that was the plan he wouldn't have been introduced at the press conference, Dragic was not, and would already have been cut like Dragic has. I see a trade coming before cut down day.
hard to believe that, he needed arthoscopic surgery about a year ago,the knee contusion came after a string of good games by the time he came back
so had durant-

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
hard to believe that, he needed arthoscopic surgery about a year ago,the knee contusion came after a string of good games by the time he came back
so had durant-

Well, believe what you like, but knee issues haven't been the issue with him so far in his career. Not saying they won't be in the future, but the concerns people had regarding his knees before he was drafted have not manifested.

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
then why the knee surgery-thats a fact check it out-

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
then why the knee surgery-thats a fact check it out-

Oh I'm not disputing it, it was a minor cleanup carried out over the summer last year and never affected his court time. That is the point, he has not had knee issues that affected his court time other than the bone bruise, which was unrelated to any prior history. At the same time though, he hasn't played enough to know how well his knees would hold up if pushed.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Forget his knees. The issue is that he's been next to useless offensively for his entire career to date.

Last year he rebounded worse than Jeff Green, assisted on baskets less often than "No Pass" Bass, shot less often than Rondo, stole the ball less often than Sullinger, blocked shots half as often as Gigi Datome, and shot less efficiently than Marcus Smart.

He's like some sort of Voltron assembled from the things each Celtics player is worst at.

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
are perry jones knee issues behind him,has he had a medical evaluation,did we pursue perry or did okc seek celtics to unload him
how much thought was put into this or was it just a shot in dark and a win win situation
what will perry have to do to get a spot-will his potential outweigh results in pre season
was the knee surgery part of a degenerative condition that was diagnosed before draft,
does he have a issues with other knee-
the p-3 testing reported his mechanics were putting pressure on knees and that he didn't have motor issue ,has he continued that treatment and issue resolved
perry could be the catalyst for a waiver or multiple trades
-the fans deserve some answers-- so his knees are fine,thats one answered
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:02:58 PM by rollie mass »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
He's like some sort of Voltron assembled from the things each Celtics player is worst at.

LOL! TP

He's the head of Voltron!  :P