Author Topic: Adrian Wojnarowski on 98.5 Sports Hub, Jim Rome TV Show at 4:30 PM  (Read 11244 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Wojo is about to be on Jim Rome is burning in a few mins

Re: Adrian Wojnarowski on 98.5 Sports Hub, Jim Rome at 4:30 PM
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't know how they could possibly do this trade and NOT move Baby or Sheed. 

No matter how you slice it, we'd be wasting money... Not enough minutes for all those players to get minutes unless KG is retiring.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Wojo is about to be on Jim Rome is burning in a few mins

Can that be watched online?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Adrian Wojnarowski on 98.5 Sports Hub, Jim Rome TV Show at 4:30 PM
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 04:43:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Mark Stein just said on twitter that Mavs/Wizards are closing in on a deal.     " @STEIN_LINE_HQ Just filed to ESPN.com: Mavs-Wiz trade talks have only gotten more serious this afternoon. Many sources say sides closing in on a deal - 3 minutes ago"

Eh

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 04:45:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Mark Stein just said on twitter that Mavs/Wizards are closing in on a deal.     " @STEIN_LINE_HQ Just filed to ESPN.com: Mavs-Wiz trade talks have only gotten more serious this afternoon. Many sources say sides closing in on a deal - 3 minutes ago"

Eh
Stein has good sources with the Mavericks. A reliable report.

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

Eh
Stein has good sources with the Mavericks. A reliable report.

[dang]... the dream was good as long at it lasted, though. :'(

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
bet washington leaked the boston trade to kick dallas into gear. gamesmanship

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 04:51:45 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
bet washington leaked the boston trade to kick dallas into gear. gamesmanship

yep. and cleveland.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
The more i thought about it the more i realized i only wanted Butler... the Jamison contract is just too overwhelming for a role player.

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 04:53:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
It's tough for me to get real excited about trading Ray for Butler considering Butler is 30 and kinda underperforming.   Bringing in Jamison as well would make me more excited if we weren't already paying Glen Davis and Rasheed Wallace to get backup bigman minutes and it seems apparent that there is some kind of friction in the locker room over roles and minutes.  It's tough for me to see the trade working unless there was another trade in the works to clear up the rotation complication.

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
It's tough for me to get real excited about trading Ray for Butler considering Butler is 30 and kinda underperforming.   Bringing in Jamison as well would make me more excited if we weren't already paying Glen Davis and Rasheed Wallace to get backup bigman minutes and it seems apparent that there is some kind of friction in the locker room over roles and minutes.  It's tough for me to see the trade working unless there was another trade in the works to clear up the rotation complication.

I far prefer trading for Deng and Hinrich or Salmons.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 05:02:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Me too.  I don't think Deng is available in any way, though.   

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Me too.  I don't think Deng is available in any way, though.   

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/20035997
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 05:08:44 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I hate Adrian Wojnarowski, something about the way he reports drives me insane. It's always this half-assed rumors written up super fast and choppy.

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 05:50:56 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! appeared with Michael Felger and Tony Massarotti on 98.5 The Sports Hub on Friday and defended his morning report that the Celtics and Wizards are having conversations about a trade that would send Ray Allen, Brian Scalabrine and J.R. Giddens to Washington for aAntawn Jamison and Caron Butler.

"It's also been confirmed by some other people out there," Wojnarowski said.

"The story is 100 percent accurate," he continued. "They talked. [Celtics GM Danny Ainge's] thing was, he was going to go back and perhaps talk to ownership or bring it to them . . . But they've talked, the names have been exchanged, and it's exactly how I portrayed it. I didn't say it was imminent, I didn't say it was about to happen."

Wojnarowski said Allen is actively being shopped by the Celtics.

"This idea that they're [only] taking calls on Ray? It's not accurate," he said. "Every GM in the league will tell you they're actively [shopping Allen] . . . They've got to do something here, they know it, and Ray's their one chip to get younger, to get more athletic. [He's] really the one chip they have and I think they're going to use it."

As for the likelihood of the trade happening, Wojnarowski said, "I can't put a percentage on [it] . . . At the end of the day, only Danny and Washington know what that percentage is. Like I said, it's not imminent, it's a trade discussion, it's what's going on between the two teams, and that's how I portrayed and reported it."