Author Topic: What would it take for Michael Sweetney to make this roster? (merged)  (Read 49046 times)

Re: What would it take for Michael Sweetney to make this roster? (merged)
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
eja 117 post
Sheed freezes to death on Mt Everest

I am seriously considering to propose this one as post of the year
Just because for some strange reason I can picture this image with frozen mustache and admiration face easily in my mind

And u make me almost cry while laughing out loud.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Does anyone know if Billy already had X-rays? typically that's the first thing done, then if negative they move to the MRI.

I'm shocked at the lack of information on Bill's injury. All we've heard is that he's getting an MRI. At least I haven't seen anything different yet. Honestly hope it's nothing major, hopefully just a strain or something.
Can he take the tests first before we expect information?

If Walker's injury is too bad for him to play this season, I expect him to be cut. I'm expecting that this is the team playing it safe considering there is no report of a particular play where be was hurt.

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2009, 12:32:07 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Mike Sweetney got a camp invite.  I can't see him making the team, but under what circumstances could it happen?

(This is one of those "discuss" threads...  I'll try to add my input later, but I was curious to see what everyone else was thinking.)

I just saw him in the scrimmage on NBA TV, and I am going to go with...as soon as he gives birth, he will have a chance to make the team.

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2009, 05:28:13 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Mike Sweetney got a camp invite.  I can't see him making the team, but under what circumstances could it happen?

(This is one of those "discuss" threads...  I'll try to add my input later, but I was curious to see what everyone else was thinking.)

I just saw him in the scrimmage on NBA TV, and I am going to go with...as soon as he gives birth, he will have a chance to make the team.

He's 9 months pregnant though.

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2009, 07:55:46 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Answer:  A Miracle
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
He was added to be a Shaq/Eddie Curry 'simulator' for our bigs to train against in camp. He is an extra camp big body. A big favor to an agent, nothing more.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 10:52:47 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
lol We do not need Fat Albert no thanks
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
What a waste of potential.  Another talented loser.  These guys never turn it around, either.  I don't care if he's only 27 years old, he's shown what kind of character he is already by eating his way out of the league.

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2009, 11:23:37 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I agree with everyone above.

The guy looks 3/4 butter fat.  If you think that is sweat coming through his practice jersey, think again.  He's freakin' lactating.

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Top scorer in first preseaon game...10 pts in 9 mins...maybe the C's will keep him in the D league to get in shape...then put him in Clifford Ray's laboratory for a while...don't give up on him yet...
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 11:08:29 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Top scorer in first preseaon game...10 pts in 9 mins...maybe the C's will keep him in the D league to get in shape...then put him in Clifford Ray's laboratory for a while...don't give up on him yet...

The problem with that is, who do you cut?  Hudson also looked good, and Giddens has value as an expiring contract, at the very least.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He has more natural talent in his belly button than Shelden Williams has in his whole body.  That being said, I have already given up on him.  If he didn't care before, he's not going to care now.  Once a bum, always a bum.  It's too bad because if he took care of himself from day one he would be a borderline allstar and probably have $60 mil in his bank account.  What the heck does it take to motivate the guy?  A complete waste.

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009, 11:21:50 AM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Ainge may have been trying to trade Giddens since day one...Hudson outplayed Rondo but is a long shot at best...Ainge will have a tough decison but that's why he's paid the big bucks...if Sweetney gets in shape, and that's a big if, it's a no-brainer, you keep Sweetney...talented bigs are harder to find than guards and Baby is more valueable as trade bait than Giddens

Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009, 11:27:41 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Time to be mean.  The Sweetney dinner table? (0:23)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yFCW6YTWl8&feature=related

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
[dang it], it's a shame, because he seems to have a great feel around the basket, nice hands, good touch.  When he was in a little better shape (more of an oval than a circle), he was a pretty good rebounder as well, although he couldn't grab a board or defend a La-Z Boy recliner last night. 

But, I LOL'ed when they showed his weight as 275#.  Even Gorman got a chuckle out of that.  He's closer to four bills than 275.  But, barring a trade it's hard to see how they do anything more than say "go home, lose eighty pounds, if you do we'll be the first to call you."

Was also wondering...   is bring Sweetney to camp a warning to Big Baby Davis?  Kind of like a high school bringing in a paralyzed guy to speak about the dangers of drunk driving.