Author Topic: Let Garnett decide.  (Read 3299 times)

Let Garnett decide.
« on: April 19, 2009, 03:07:59 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Several weeks ago Ainge said it would be Garnetts decision to make. I believe he wants to play and the Celtics brass (Doc) are not letting him. I got love for Garnett and I dont want to see the knee worsen. Honestly though he is the one who is going to have to live with the consequences and it should be his call to play or not. He deserves this respect.

Re: Let Garnett decide.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
no he doesnt.  if he plays and further hurts himself, the celtics are on the hook for a very expensive contract, not to mention they have hurt their team's chances in the future.

the team is built for more then just this year and there is no point risking that.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Yeah sure cause the medical staff have done such a great job so far. Lets take the decision outta Garnetts hands and let the doctors decide. Was i having a dream or did Ainge go on live televison and say it was Kevin decision??

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 04:12:27 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
I don't get this theory, his knee is in bad shape (he's considering surgery immanently), and by all accounts he's a guy who would play with a bloody stump if you let him.  You want him to make the decision?!  Hmmm...

DA: "Well, KG, what would you like to do? Play in the postseason for a team that needs you to be a legit contender, or sit this one out?"
KG: "Just amputate, put me on a wooden peg, and get me out there!"

Sorry, I'd rather have a team of professionals make the call.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think it depends on the chances of long term problems.  If this issue is something that can't be made worse by playing on it and that will heal in plenty of time for next season, then if he wants to play, let him.  However, if doesn't meet those qualifications, they shouldn't let him. 

I think the injury is bad enough to have surgery and I think that at least part of the reason that Garnett wants to go under the knife ASAP is so he'll have an excuse to not sit on the bench. 

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Honestly I don't think KG at 50% or worse is going to make a big enough difference for us to go farther than we're probably going to go anyway.

Assuming we beat Chicago, Orlando won't be easy.  Assuming we beat Orlando, we probably don't have a serious chance of beating Cleveland, for a number of reasons.

If KG were ready to play and contribute like he has in the past, then having him come back would definitely change things.  Considering the coach doesn't think he's ready to play, and he'd probably be hobbling around out there, I don't think he'd add enough to change the length of our run.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers