Poll

Does Taco make the team

Yes. Taco time is here to stay.
92 (61.7%)
No. No room for Tacos
57 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year  (Read 62203 times)

Re: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2019, 08:32:22 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I don't believe there's any limit. He could play the whole season in Maine.

« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2019, 08:58:30 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Should change his number to 77 cause thats his height
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2019, 09:05:08 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Ainge just said on Toucher and Rich that he can't talk about Tacko because a deal hasn't been finalized!

« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He's not a project. He's 24 December 10th.

He's ready right now to shut Down Embiid, Drummond, Marc Gasol, and any other fool dumb enough to drive through Tacko Bell.

7'7" 300 pounds of Tackos coming to a theater near you.
He is definitely a project. Danny even said it was a priority to turn him into a player, meaning, he isn't a player now, he needs to be taught and trained and that's the basic definition of being a basketball project.

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2019, 01:38:42 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
After his summer league showing, I値l bet you other teams are interested, unlike on draft night, especially with all the hype and the popularity that was exhibited

Boston.com Celtics News

@BDCCeltics
Danny Ainge to @Toucherandrich: "We're trying to still get a contract done with Tacko. We haven't signed him yet. I really can't say much more about Tacko than we're just trying to get him in the fold."

« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2019, 01:48:37 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
After his summer league showing, I値l bet you other teams are interested, unlike on draft night, especially with all the hype and the popularity that was exhibited

Boston.com Celtics News

@BDCCeltics
Danny Ainge to @Toucherandrich: "We're trying to still get a contract done with Tacko. We haven't signed him yet. I really can't say much more about Tacko than we're just trying to get him in the fold."
I wonder if DA got in a little trouble talking (quite a bit) about Tacko yesterday.

« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2019, 02:24:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Boston.com Celtics News

@BDCCeltics
I wonder if DA got in a little trouble talking (quite a bit) about Tacko yesterday.
Not sure why he would get in trouble. Tacko is under an E-10 contract with the Celtics still. Danny should be able to talk all he wants about him, as far as I know

« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2019, 03:08:15 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ainge seems enthusiastic about all these bigs, but Stevens talks like he wants them to play some on the perimeter. Kanter, for example. That would take away from his main game, which is offensive rebounding and inside scoring. 

I wish the media would confront Ainge and Stevens about this--is there a conflict in their thinking?

« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2019, 03:11:53 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Boston.com Celtics News

@BDCCeltics
Not sure why he would get in trouble. Tacko is under an E-10 contract with the Celtics still. Danny should be able to talk all he wants about him, as far as I know

Just how protected are the Celtics with that E-10 contract ? Can another team sign him while he's on that contract? Can they outbid the Celtics?

« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2019, 03:47:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Boston.com Celtics News

@BDCCeltics

Just how protected are the Celtics with that E-10 contract ? Can another team sign him while he's on that contract? Can they outbid the Celtics?
The Celtics are as protected wirh Tacko, contract wise, as any other contract they sign with any other player. Teams can not talk to Tacko, recruit him or tamper with him in any way.

« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2019, 05:49:40 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Danny says he can't talk about Tacko because he's trying to get a contract done, but we think a contract has already been signed...

How sure are we that Fall is actually signed to a contract with the Exhibit-10 clause? I know it's been "reported", but have the C's officially acknowledged it?

Re: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this yeat
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2019, 01:45:28 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Doubt it

Still no, too slow like Boban except with less skill and shooting touch

« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2019, 01:50:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Danny says he can't talk about Tacko because he's trying to get a contract done, but we think a contract has already been signed...

How sure are we that Fall is actually signed to a contract with the Exhibit-10 clause? I know it's been "reported", but have the C's officially acknowledged it?

Yeah, I caught that from Ainge last week as well.  My guess is that the reports of the Exhibit 10 were incorrect, as they emerged before summer league.  Perhaps he was just signed to the summer league team.

« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2019, 01:50:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Doubt it

Tacko is much bigger and fast than Boban. Tacko has no shooting touch.

« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2019, 01:55:09 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Doubt it

Tacko is much bigger and fast than Boban. Tacko has no shooting touch.

Agreed, Hack a Tacko ruins his chances of being a playable change of pace option