3 (5.7%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Houston
7 (13.2%)
Other
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)  (Read 49071 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler has requested a trade
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I'm not praying but I'm doing everything close to it. PLEASE NO DANNY!! Gotta google voodoo...

I wouldn't worry about that.

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2018, 06:45:29 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Here comes the Irving trade rumors .

JB ,,please go to LA

Yea. I’m hoping he goes to LA.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He's going to NY.

He and Clyde have too much style at stake for him to NOT go there.

While the beatings from BOS "WILL" continue for the foreseeable future at least they can swap style stories after each game.

EDIT - Just wanted to add that this post is PURE speculation - except for my last sentence.

The beatings WILL most definitely continue - no matter who they bring in.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:26:21 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2018, 07:34:58 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
What do the Knicks, the Nets and the Clips have in common (apart from being big market teams)? They can trade for Butler and then create enough cap space to go after Kyrie next summer.

Assuming Butler wants to team up with Kyrie (and vice versa), I'd offer Kyrie to the Wolves in exchange for KAT+fillers. It's a longshot, but stranger things have happened. At the end of the day, this is possibly the only way for Thibs to keep Butler in Minny.

I get that Kyrie is the better fit for the C's. Having said that,

- KAT is about 4 years younger.
- He has never missed a game during his 3 seasons in the league.
- We already have a starting-caliber PG in Rozier.
- Horford is on the wrong side of 30.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:41:49 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2018, 07:47:49 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
What do the Knicks, the Nets and the Clips have in common (apart from being big market teams)? They can trade for Butler and then create enough cap space to go after Kyrie next summer.

Assuming Butler wants to team up with Kyrie (and vice versa), I'd offer Kyrie to the Wolves in exchange for KAT+fillers. It's a longshot, but stranger things have happened. At the end of the day, this is possibly the only way for Thibs to keep Butler in Minny.

Well that would be something.

Add a pick, cash, and dump Bird mid flight, and maybe signing Smart to that deal was a pretty brilliant move, as he becomes solidified in that 3rd guard spot.

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2018, 08:10:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This is exactly what a friend and I were talking about. I'm not a huge KAT fan, but if anywhere can set him straight it's an environment with CBS, Al and Smart.

Lots of smoke
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2018, 08:19:26 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

This is exactly what a friend and I were talking about. I'm not a huge KAT fan, but if anywhere can set him straight it's an environment with CBS, Al and Smart.

Lots of smoke

That all sounds sensible. I wouldn't do it, though. I want to see what this Celtics team we have now looks like healthy. I think they're contenders without doing anything.

How bad must it be in Minnesota that Butler won't play it out for 1 more season. Or maybe he thinks it'll make it better for whichever his new team is to maneuver salary with next summer in mind? Is he really thinking that far ahead?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2018, 08:23:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

terrible idea because neither butler nor kyrie want to be in Minnesota. Butler burned that bridge today. There’s no turning back from a trade request. He essentially told everyone in Minnesota “I hate you.” This isn’t nba 2k

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2018, 08:24:48 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Wojo saying he wants to go to the Clippers..what can they offer?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
and be funny all the top free agents want to go to play for the Clippers not Lakers..no one wants to play with Lebron..kawhi also will go to clips if butler there next season
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2018, 08:27:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Lots of smoke

That all sounds sensible. I wouldn't do it, though. I want to see what this Celtics team we have now looks like healthy. I think they're contenders without doing anything.

How bad must it be in Minnesota that Butler won't play it out for 1 more season. Or maybe he thinks it'll make it better for whichever his new team is to maneuver salary with next summer in mind? Is he really thinking that far ahead?
I really think Butler might be the problem.  He had issues in Chicago both with the old vets and then with the young guys.  He has a problem in Minnesota as well. 

That said, he is a really good player and while I'm not a huge fan of Irving, if Butler ends up on one of the NY teams, I'd be pretty concerned that Irving will bolt next summer to join Butler as such if I'm Ainge, I at least call the Wolves to gauge interest.

I think Philly should offer Covington and Saric (and Bayless for salary filler) and see if that gets it done.  I think that is an ok give even if Butler bolts next summer as they would be a pretty darn nasty team this season adding Butler for that package (even if it leaves them a bit light down low). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This is the worst possible thing to happen. It’s obvious that he wants to go to New York and team up with Kyrie now. We will be thinking about this all year now.

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Lots of smoke

I don't think I'd do it either, unless Kyrie says something to the effect of "there is no way I'm resigning here", but that doesn't seem like his style.

I think Butler is the problem. He was the problem with DRose, now he's a problem here. Seems like an awful locker-room presence
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2018, 08:34:58 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Per Woj, he wants the Clippers. Make it happen Doc.

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Wojo saying he wants to go to the Clippers..what can they offer?

Nice, looked for it after you posted about it

Minnesota's Jimmy Butler is most determined to find a way to the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell ESPN. The appeal of partnering with a second star - the Clippers have two max contract slots available in summer free agency - is an intriguing scenario for him.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1042568202314764289