Author Topic: Best bars/pubs to watch the Celtics in the Boston area?  (Read 10718 times)

Best bars/pubs to watch the Celtics in the Boston area?
« on: August 03, 2013, 01:56:08 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Hey C fans, I no longer have cable.. so I'm looking for recommendations for some great bars to hang out and watch Celtics games in with other diehard fans within the Boston or Cambridge area (I live in Cambridge). Thanks!

Become Legendary.

Re: Best bars/pubs to watch the Celtics in the Boston area?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 02:22:00 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Casey's on Broadway in Somerville.  Majority of the bartenders are basketball guys(one is one of the better HS coaches in the state).  They also have very good food.  Some of the best steak tips you'll ever have. 
do it

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »

Offline schabette

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Hey there! Guy from Austria here visiting Boston for a week. I'm also going to Game 5 on Wednesday (Sorry, actually had to root for the wizards to win game 3...). I'm super excited!!!

So tonight I would like to catch the game in a nice pub or sportsbar. Are there any places other than Casey's you could recommend? I'm staying in Cambridge but Downtown would also be fine.

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 09:10:42 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I like The Fours. It's close to the Garden so it's a good place to pregame as well.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I like The Fours. It's close to the Garden so it's a good place to pregame as well.
The Fours is great.  I often meet friends there before a game.  The place is huge but it's still crowded every time I've been there.

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
As others have mentioned, the Fours is probably the best Celtics bar by TD.  There are plenty of other options there (Causeway, Sports Grill, Tavern in the Square) as well.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 10:42:30 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
The Celtics STH twitter account just posted a link to this site:
https://www.nba.com/celtics/BarNetwork

Pretty cool stuff, I think I'll try to stop by to some of these.  While some others just look like commercialization opportunities rather than real fan viewing get togethers.

Also, just now seeing that Casey's is a good Celtics bar.  Never would have known!  Living in Charlestown means I'll definitely have to stop in there sometime.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur