Author Topic: Lebron has to leave cleveland, right?  (Read 8718 times)

Re: Lebron has to leave cleveland, right?
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I can’t see LeBron leaving Cleveland again. Forming a super team in Miami to help win a title (two) was one thing, but the fulfillment of winning the title for Cleveland was on another level not only personally but also for his legacy. The fact that he had to leave Cleveland to form a super team in order to win a title, automatically took himself out of the conversation for being considered the greatest of all-time. I think he has made a legitimate case for being the second greatest player of all-time, thanks to what he has done since going back to Cleveland. If he leaves to chase rings, I believe he only damages his reputation and would possibly start to drop on the all-time list. I would rather not associate LeBron with being some type of Robert Horry, ring chaser.

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2018, 09:39:11 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
If rockets get destroyed , the Lebron to Rockets ......this is what Bron is watching ....wants to play with CP3 .   Joining Lonzo might be a multi year deal just to make finals , he is running out of years , PG3 is not beating GS, Rockets or Celtics

If Rockets win Title ,  Then Bron to Lakers or he just stays in Clevland .

Not seeing Bron and Simmons together ,  will mess up Simmons progress into his own self.

Bron to Knicks is just him wanting out of Cleveland period .

he has maybe 2 great years ,  4 good ones.left.

Houston is no doubt the most logical move for an immediate title run.  The only issue is that CP3 isn't getting any younger and I still don't know if they get past Golden State.  The Warriors fit together perfectly.  The entire core is also in its prime. 

I wouldn't rule out the Sixers yet.  LeBron might want the opportunity to extend his career by adjusting his game to support Embiid and Simmons.  This goes against everything LeBron has done in the past, but he's at a point where he can't shoulder the same workload anymore. 

He can allow Simmons to run the show by spending most of his time off the ball and on the low block.   
Problem is, the Cavs would have pretty much zero incentive to accommodate a sign and trade with the Rockets. I mean, only way this works financially would be

Anderson + Gordon + as many firsts as needed for LeBron

Assuming the Cavs accept such a deal, they 'd be stuck with an outrageous payroll and no realistic chance of title contention. Why would they wanna do that, just for the sake of a couple of first rounders in the late 20s? The luxury tax would be huge next year whereas the benefits would be questionable to say the least.
The Cavs can get out of Smith or Thompson with a few other salaries coming back from Houston (which they have).  That still might not be enough, but it would at least soften the blow a bit.
You said it yourself: it might not be enough. Even if they expand the trade to include JR/Thompson, they 'd still have to take back salaries. As things stand right now, the Cavs have $139,521,659 on guaranteed salaries for next season. Assuming they trade LeBron for Anderson + Gordon, that number drops to $137,835,612. That's way too much for a team that is not competing for the title.

Not to mention, they 'd still have 3 roster spots available (one of them would be the Brooklyn pick).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:50:52 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2018, 09:40:30 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
LeBron has to go to a team where he actually fit's. A team where he can be ball dominant. At present that isn't LA unless they want to stall the progress of Lonzo Ball or LeBron wants to alter his game. He isn't stupid, he knows the path to the finals comes from the East and there is a time limit, he's 33. 

My guess is he stays in Cleveland and reloads.

I'm not convinced that LeBron wants to be as ball dominant going forward, at least not in a traditional half court sets.  His defense has suffered significantly as a result.  He will need to adapt his game in order to have a chance against the Warriors.  LeBron should look to establish himself as a low block scorer and distributor in half court sets.  A renewed commitment to defense will also allow him to take advantage of his transition scoring ability. 

This is why I wouldn't rule out Philly as a destination.  The days of him running the pick & roll at high usage should be over.  LeBron can save this aspect of his game for the most crucial moments.

His current playoff usage rate is 20% higher than the last Miami Heat championship team.  To put this in perspective he was saving roughly 15 possessions per game on offense compared to this current playoff run. 

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I can’t see LeBron leaving Cleveland again. Forming a super team in Miami to help win a title (two) was one thing, but the fulfillment of winning the title for Cleveland was on another level not only personally but also for his legacy. The fact that he had to leave Cleveland to form a super team in order to win a title, automatically took himself out of the conversation for being considered the greatest of all-time. I think he has made a legitimate case for being the second greatest player of all-time, thanks to what he has done since going back to Cleveland. If he leaves to chase rings, I believe he only damages his reputation and would possibly start to drop on the all-time list. I would rather not associate LeBron with being some type of Robert Horry, ring chaser.

its possible, but after last night I stand by my post. This team really has no attractive pieces they can move. And the brooklyn pick is going to be much less attractive at #8. maybe you trade love for Paul george but isnt that more of a lateral move?

Lebron needs to score 40 every night with this group just to have a chance

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 08:01:44 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
He made his own bed, by making sure his team is surrounded by his clique. JR Smith. Tristan Thompson. Kevin Love. They are the reason for his fall right now.

That said, he already got what he wanted. An epic comeback against the Warriors to win the first championship for Cleveland.

We must close them out. Don't give them even a glimmer of hope. I'm confident Stevens will make sure of it.

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2018, 08:04:33 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

its possible, but after last night I stand by my post. This team really has no attractive pieces they can move. And the brooklyn pick is going to be much less attractive at #8. maybe you trade love for Paul george but isnt that more of a lateral move?

Lebron needs to score 40 every night with this group just to have a chance
they can't trade Love for Paul George until well after George signs his next contract.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:37:01 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 08:28:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Lebron leaves Cleveland for a 2nd time, he wont leave this time without giving them a head start for the future

Lakers will need to give up Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and whoever else under the sun to obtain him

Lebron , pg13 , paul could all join forces on the Lakers for next season

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 08:30:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Thompson, Love, Korver would all be traded after in this scenerio

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 08:33:20 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
If Lebron leaves Cleveland for a 2nd time, he wont leave this time without giving them a head start for the future

Lakers will need to give up Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and whoever else under the sun to obtain him

The die hard Cavs fans deserve a head start if LeBron bails.  LeBron is responsible for their current roster predicament.  They got the one championship but nothing has really changed about their culture. 

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 08:34:47 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Lebron is a free agent.  No reason for the Lakers to trade anything for him. 

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 08:42:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Unless Lebron insists

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 08:49:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Unless Lebron insists
why would he do that though?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2018, 09:15:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
GS ....winning ways

is forcing Lebron to Rockets where his buddy is .......D Antoni maybe forced to coach Lebron if the FO sees the Warriors is just too much for Haren and Cp3 to overcome GS by themselves.

I think Lebron understands how difficult it is to blend winning chemistry on a new team.   Lakers would be a 2-4 year project .   Before they could beat GS in a playoff series .

Rockets is the quickest way to the promised land . 

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2018, 09:20:55 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
GS ....winning ways

is forcing Lebron to Rockets where his buddy is .......D Antoni maybe forced to coach Lebron if the FO sees the Warriors is just too much for Haren and Cp3 to overcome GS by themselves.

I think Lebron understands how difficult it is to blend winning chemistry on a new team.   Lakers would be a 2-4 year project .   Before they could beat GS in a playoff series .

Rockets is the quickest way to the promised land .

this is true, what is LeBron now? 33? 4 years from now he's 37 and most likely on his way down

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 09:21:37 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
George could absolutely be traded, he can opt in and handle the situation the same way CP3 did. He probably won't but it is an option if his preferred destination does not have cap space.

It would cost him around 6 or 7 million just next year, and remove the guarantee of a longer team deal so I don't think that happens. Not when the LAL and PHI offer winning situations along with the money.