Author Topic: USA vs. England friendly  (Read 5166 times)

USA vs. England friendly
« on: May 28, 2008, 03:01:46 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Game's about to start on ESPN Classic, anyone watching? England has all their top players in, USA has most of theirs. 2-1 USA, my prediction (hope).

Re: USA vs. England friendly
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That Gerrard goal was excellent. Great passing and build up play, lovely through ball by Barry. Great stuff.

The Beckham free kick and Terry header was nice too.

USA were pretty poor

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
very boring game over all.....
and i LOVE soccer
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 05:28:46 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
it makes me laugh that england are even playing friendlies when their summer is over.

and terry just makes me laugh period.

usa were poor.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:34:45 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
USA desperately needs a stronger defense, and is lacking a true striker, Eddie Johnson never fails to disappear in an international game. USA handed over possession of the ball time and time again, it was pretty sad. USA has all the physical abilities and conditioning to run with anyone, but is so lacking in touch and class with the ball. Dempsey looked OK and that was about it, Donovan missing I think was a big issue, he may be overrated but he would have been somewhat of a steadying factor for them today. With games against Spain next week, and Argentina the week after, things are not going to get easier.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
USA desperately needs a stronger defense, and is lacking a true striker, Eddie Johnson never fails to disappear in an international game. USA handed over possession of the ball time and time again, it was pretty sad. USA has all the physical abilities and conditioning to run with anyone, but is so lacking in touch and class with the ball. Dempsey looked OK and that was about it, Donovan missing I think was a big issue, he may be overrated but he would have been somewhat of a steadying factor for them today. With games against Spain next week, and Argentina the week after, things are not going to get easier.

They forgot to move

It was like watching a foosball game

They were just standing around. Nobody making runs with or without the ball, nobody creating passing angles, nobody getting in behind the backline or between the defense and midfield to link the play.

Poor