Author Topic: Celtics Rating in NBA Live 09  (Read 7978 times)

Re: Celtics Rating in NBA Live 09
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 09:22:11 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
What are the ratings for the Lakers bench?

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
No rookies again? I find the ratings/rosters of NBA Live ridiculous, but I still love the game.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
These player ratings seem nearly identical to last year's...

In 2k8, Pruitt actually starts while Rondo, who is about a point or two lower, comes off the bench (if at all).  I just don't get it, how do they figure this stuff out? Does each team have a person who evaluates them? because they should.  Anyone who conciously makes Gabe pruitt, a guy who's never played a meaningful NBA minute, a higher rated player than Rondo and Perkins just ins't doing their job.

And BBD out performed many of his peers last year, including Jason Maxiell, while he also bodied up Tim Duncan quite admirably.  His stamina and conditioning are issues, but that shouldn't keep him from a rating around 70.

I'm sure the rosters will be toyed with, hopefully they'll get this right before the season.  Regardless, i'll be buying NBA 2k9, seeing as last year's was one of my favorite sports games of all time.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:19:18 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
This preposterous!  Rondo should be at least a 77.  I don't get it.  Last year stiffs like Randy Foye that have done nothing, but be injured were ranked at 76 and now Rondo has gone up what a measly 3 points?  I mean he was the most valuable player in the winning game of the championship.  Doesn't that mean anything? 

And you know players like Tony Parker who were duds last year will be unstoppable in the game. 

Also on last years game we were an 88 after the final roster updates so I expect a Cassell signing to boost our rating a bit. 

Like others said I don't get the pruitt rating thing.

Glad to see Perk get a boost, but IMO Bynum shouldn't be that much higher given that we don't know what his numbers will be like with Gasol in the lineup. 

Strange to see KG decline, but Pierce rise.  Guess the good comes with the bad.  Either way it's good to have Paul in the 90's were he should be.  ;D

Downloading the demo for 360, but can't decide on PS3/360 till review comes out. 

If anyone wants to play live this year I will be on one or the other

360- WESTERNWINDS

PS3- domski

;D
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 11:52:44 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Both if not all sports games are biased toward certain players/teams, but what do you honestly expect when the source of info is also biased(espn).

I'm expecting 2k to offer more realistic ratings. 2k ratings are almost always better than live ratings, as are the games.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:59:40 AM by ManUp »

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »

Offline Celtabrine

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
R.Rondo- 71
Did video game developers just not watch basketball last season?

Gabe Pruitt- 70
Leon Powe- 66
...what?

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 12:43:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
R.Rondo- 71

Gabe Pruitt- 70
Leon Powe- 66
...what?

you guys are aware EA is putting this out right? They don't often refelct reality with player raitings. Its one of the reasons Most of thier sports games are subpar.

NBA2K9 > NBA "JAM!!!!" 09.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 12:58:45 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
So just so I can get this straight, 2k9 has KG on the cover and Live ranks Rajon Rondo (one of the breakoutstars of last year) 1 point higher than Gabe Pruitt?

Jeez, wonder which game I'll be buying this year.....

JK, 2k9 in my opinion is consistently significantly better and I would've made this decision either way. However, the guys at EA didn't help their case

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 01:58:30 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Is the demo out for PS3?

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 04:03:55 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
R.Rondo- 71

Gabe Pruitt- 70
Leon Powe- 66
...what?

you guys are aware EA is putting this out right? They don't often refelct reality with player raitings. Its one of the reasons Most of thier sports games are subpar.

Hating on EA when you are clearly addicted to their NCAA football game?   Come on crownsy.

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Well not sure Pruitt is better then Rondo - but I tell you what talent wise he has looked pretty darn good in his 10 minutes of game time. I DO think he is more talented then BBD..

Pete

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 06:17:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
R.Rondo- 71

Gabe Pruitt- 70
Leon Powe- 66
...what?

Hating on EA when you are clearly addicted to their NCAA football game?   Come on crownsy.

and thanks to the glorious folks over at EA, what choice do i have? they froze out competition in football.

I do love NCAA 09, i don't love that it came out broken and needed a patch to fix it a month later. I'm not saying EA can't put out good quality product, im questioning thier commitment to improving that product once they gain a good market share

like madden, which again, i like, but again, is the same  game as last year with some updates.

This is really more of a me not liking EA's questionable buissness practices that started with the NFL and where its leading quaility in sports gaming than anything else. every sport thats been locked out by 2k or EA has suffered.

madden is stagnant, because its exclusive, and EA could care less about pushing the envelope. they passed on this awesomeness engine

http://naturalmotion.com/downloads.htm (look for the football demo on the left hand side)

because they said the resource cost to integrate it into their current graphics engine would be "prohibitive"

i.e "it will sell anyway, who cares"

if they still had NFL2k9 to deal with, one or the other would be pushing that envolope.

and its not just EA, 2k's baseball game is a joke, they updated its graphics and left it broken, because they knew it would sell, only game in town.

Tiger woods is stagnating now, since EA has a deal with the PGA to keep competition out.

but, i do love me my NCAA 09, that i can't deny. I'd love it a whole lot more with crazy real world physics.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 07:52:19 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
So just so I can get this straight, 2k9 has KG on the cover and Live ranks Rajon Rondo (one of the breakoutstars of last year) 1 point higher than Gabe Pruitt?

Jeez, wonder which game I'll be buying this year.....

this is exactly how i feel!!!

i normally prefer Live, but i think this will be my first year buying 2K and not Live.