Author Topic: CB SEC Dynasty thread  (Read 20326 times)

CB SEC Dynasty thread
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:12 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
(Note: i know we have the intrest thread, but this one i would like to keep seprate as a place for members of our SEC dynasty to write up stories/anouncements that is seprate from people coming looking for others to play in other dynastys. would help me out alot as the commish of this specific dynasty to only deal with people wantign to join ours/see updates)

Played out My week 2 game, i need to get on the ball, almost lost another one. fake news story follows.

AP- Auburn.

For the second week in a row, These cats looked anything but fierce.

"Clearly, we need to shore it up on the defensive side of the ball" said Corner A.Cooper "we can't be giving up long, sustained drives on multiple possesions and expect to win"

The Tigres Defense allowed a southern Missouri team seen by many as an average offensive team to score 24 points, including a touchdown drive with under 2 minutes remaining.

On the other side of the ball, The offense was good, but not great.

"any time you can put up 27 points on team and control the ground the way we did, you feel like you did a decent job" remarked dobowiski (HB) "but we feel like we left plays out there, we should have put this game away much sooner."

"at the end of the day, were 2-0" said coach crownsy "but at the same time, we know were not playing up to our potential. We need to improve on both sides of the ball, espcially from a pass rush standpoint. we can't be bringing 5 to 6 guys and get no hurrys. that to me was our biggest problem"

If auburn expects to remain competitive in the stacked SEC, they will need to find themselves on both sides of the ball. Tenn looms in a few weeks, and you can bet the vols will not let sleeping tigres off the hook.

EDIT: awesome IP, hoping to keep this thread going with stories like this, should be a fun way to flesh it out a bit, TP 

also, to whomever unmerged this, thanks a ton  ;D

my only real concern with this dynasty at the moment is the bug when two humans play that can sim the game after the result. its apperntly not 100% of the time, but its common enough to have been brought to EA's attention. here's hoping we're not bit by this bug. Though, i don't know about you, but im worried about slowing galen down, never mind beating him. I'm still getting a conssitant defense down with aubrun, he's dropping 113 on the other team  :o. should be a fun time week 12  ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:39:02 PM by Redz »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: CB SEC Dyanasty thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I am so gonna get into this. Wait til tonight.

Brief recap of week 1:

Columbia Times- Defense was the name of the game saturday when the Gamecocks stole one from the NC State Wolfpak. Two interceptions returned for touchdowns bailed out a sputtering week one offense.

Coach Steve Spurrier had a few harsh words for his offense. "We can't keep on relying on miracles from the defense to win games. I've very disappointed. Disappointed in the line, the backs, people just weren't on the same page." 

The bright spots were a defensive that bent but wouldn't break, and a secondary that consistently denied easy passes. This was offset by a running game that managed less than 3 yards per carry and a passing attack that couldn't find any consistency.

When asked what were the possible problems with the offense, he alluded to a bigger picture. "Problems? Yeah, we got problems. If we can barely take an unranked team at home, I've got news for you: We're not going to be able to stall Georgia in two weeks, let alone win. No further questions."

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: CB SEC Dyanasty thread
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:38:08 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
What a great way to waste time at work... and get me dumped by my girlfriend if she ever found out.

Athens Banner-Herald - UGA started off their National Championship campaign with a bang, routing the lowly FCS SE by over 100 points.

FCS starting QB said he'd never seen anything like it, "They were so fast, it was like we were playing 11 on 20."

Mark Richt was less enthusiastic, complaining that his defense needs to firm up if they wish to have success against the powerhouses in the SEC.  "I mean, three points is just not going to cut it against the Floridas and LSUs, we need shutouts."

However, Dawg fans can definitely feel good about their teams chances at an undefeated season.

Re: CB SEC Dynasty thread
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Two Of The Nation's Top Running Backs Narrow Down SEC School Choices

Dirk Diggler
Rivals.com College Football Senior Writer

Two of The nations most sought after running backs are likely to suit up for one of several SEC schools, early reports indicate.

Jeff Moss, a 195 pound half back out of newington conn. is said to be considering both Georgia and auburn as likely places he will attend. "Right now, I'd say those two school are in my top 5, both of them have alot to offer. On top of that the SEC is so competitive, it would really give me a chance to show what i can do."

Moss said neither team had formally offered him a scholarship yet, though Auburn has extended an invitation to attend its game against Arkansas. He also hinted that nebraska may still be his top choice.

Nick White on the other hand, had no such reservations. "oh, I'll defintly be in the SEC next year, i'm just deciding between a few schools." White is an Alabama native, and many have the tigers in the lead for his services. White said it isn't that simple however. "Obviously being in state is a huge part of my decision, but Georgia and the tide are also on my radar" 

Rivals.com Ranks Moss ahead of white, but both project to be quaility backs at the next level.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
its nice to see Dirk Diggler is still working. Good for him, transitioning his life and career in a new direction!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:47:21 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
I can't wait for the SEC schedule to start.  Pounding these non-conf teams is getting old.

Especially after my Heisman candidate RB went down with an injury two plays into the game.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I can't wait for the SEC schedule to start.  Pounding these non-conf teams is getting old.

Especially after my Heisman candidate RB went down with an injury two plays into the game.

hope its not serious enough for an injury story :/

p.s you going after moss too? be interesting to see if one of us can pry him away from nebraska.

And keep your hands off white, my back up plan!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 07:04:20 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 02:09:11 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Hope we get to advance a week tonight, im anxious to play my next one and to see you guys go at it hehe. anyway, my timewaster of the day.

To close

As we end our second week in auburn football, some concerns have become appernt. Our defense needs work, Our offense is struggling to find its rythm, and our special teams look average at best.

Some of my classmates have pointed to our lack of size on defense or our lack of a deep threat on offense. I say our problem right now runs deeper than our teams speed in a 40 yard dash.

What we need this team to find is heart. The heart to dig in against a team that shouldn't even be within 10 points, and stop a late touchdown drive. The heart to grind teams down on the ground by imposing our will. The heart to make plays and deny the other teams playmakers.

We have seen flashs, Coopers Pick Six, Sealing us our week one victory, Jackson coming into the game with d-bo on the bench with a stinger and ripping off a 15 yard run on 3rd and long, the list goes on. but to often we see a tigres team who is more than willing to protect, rather than extend its advantage.

This has to end, and must end next week. No longer can we count on luck, we must make plays and eliminate any doubt. Here's one warhawk who hopes to see his team reborn this saterday.

Auburn Plainsmen
Revy Lagoon, Editor

(yea im so bored i looked up thier student newspaper, wanna fight about it?  :D)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:18:57 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
I think we're ready to advance to week 3.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 05:45:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
done, time for the showdown

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
Indeed, let me know when you can play our game.  I probably can tonight as long as we start before 10 ET.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 07:42:53 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
advanced to week 4 before work this morning. looks like you two had a pretty good game eh? (i checked after sim, we didnt get hit by the  bug)

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 01:54:53 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
no run down of your guys game, i was looking forward to it, seemed liek a good one from the final score :)

I can't wait to get home and play tonight's game, I've got LSU. my cake walk schedule is over.

Anyone else finding it hard to play thie offline dynasty? I was estatic when i checked this morning and you guys had played, just cause i get to play another game tonight hehe.

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 02:01:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I will let Galen give the rundown, as he won.

THis is from Steve Spurrier's press conference.

When asked what turned the tide in the game: "Two silly, stupid, careless turnovers. One of them was a pick-six. Should be an example of a lesson, thirty seconds of lackadaisical play is enough to lose a game."

When asked about his considerably improved offense: "Improved? Son we lost. We won last week. How is holy high helios hamburgers do you think our offense improved. I thought we ran the ball well, I thought for the most part our offense was up to speed, but improved? Someone get this guy outta here."

When asked about his defense: "They for the most part did their job. Thats all I have to say about it. They did their job and gave our boys a chance to win today."

When asked about the price of tea in china: "Its 4 dollars a pound for oolong. Pueher is down. That is all."

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
Mark Richt

It was a good solid win.  A little closer than we might have hoped, but what can you say?  South Carolina is a real solid team, real solid.  They made a run at the end and I'm glad we were able to get out of their with a win.  Definitely a big win for us.

The momentum really turned with the interception return for a TD in the 3rd quarter.  After that we just leaned on our defense and hung on.

When asked about losing Heisman front runner Knowshaun Moreno for the season, Richt replied, That hurts, that really really hurts.  You hate to see such a nice young kid go down like that.  Hopefully some guys can step up, but those are some big shoes to fill.