Author Topic: Started a blog  (Read 5430 times)

Started a blog
« on: July 24, 2008, 01:35:09 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
A buddy of mine (who you should know is very anti-Boston sports after going to school at Middlebury) and I started a general sports blog this morning.  I think we'll be updating it pretty consistently and I just thought I'd inform you all in case you're ever bored enough to add another blog to your rotation.  Thanks!

http://secondjumpability.wordpress.com/

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Started a blog
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 01:46:32 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
don't forget to read my tips on starting a blog

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-75/NBA-Blogging-101.html

Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im looking forward to checking it out big ticket.  i like your posts here and would definately like to see what you can do when u run your blog the way in which u feel is best.  not sure how i feel about ur anti-boston buddy tho  :P

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Thanks, Jeff... definitely looked it over and considered some of your points.  It's starting to round into shape design wise and then we can just fly with the writing.  And thanks dark_lord... the more readers the better!  We're going to try and keep it interesting and funny, and I'll do what I can to counter his anti-Boston sentiment with some pro-Celtics writing (just don't expect too many compliments for the Sox...).

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
is there a celticsblog page on myspace? i thought it might be cool to see everyone here and find out where they are from and what they are all about..

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
is there a celticsblog page on myspace? i thought it might be cool to see everyone here and find out where they are from and what they are all about..
Jeff set up a YouTube page and I set up a Facebook CB group but both are largely inactive. That is in part because neither one of us have time to be involved with them, much less MySpace too. It is also in larger part because in CB5 we'll have pretty much everything that is in Facebook, MySpace and YouTube, and you won't have to go anywhere to get it. It will all be right here for everyone, plus more.
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 08:56:33 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Thanks for the info.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Jeff set up a YouTube page and I set up a Facebook CB group but both are largely inactive. That is in part because neither one of us have time to be involved with them, much less MySpace too. It is also in larger part because in CB5 we'll have pretty much everything that is in Facebook, MySpace and YouTube, and you won't have to go anywhere to get it. It will all be right here for everyone, plus more.

When will CB5 see the light of day?
It'll probably steal many more hours
from us all than the current one does  ;)

Anyway, I thought about a thread for this
but I'll just throw it in here instead:
If anyone wants to add me as a Facebook
"friend", just send me a PM and I'll be glad
to add you. I've got like 270 "friends" at FB
so a few more won't hurt .
Of course, it'll take away some of the CB
"mystique" but I think I'll live with that  :)

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 10:12:55 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Good luck with the blog.  It's tough to find good ideas over a long stretch of time, especially with so many other good sites out there...original content can be tough if you're not writing full time.  Hopefully having a team of writers will help, and if not, you can always steal content...because that's what the internet is for!
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 09:02:46 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
A couple people that checked out my blog via CB have asked why there was no Celtics content up... well I just made a post about some thoughts on the current offseason, so for anyone that would like to check it out:

(Also a link on the bottom left links section of CB)

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 09:38:32 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Good luck!
I tried a blog once, nothing special, just a little thing to keep friends updated...i lost interest in about a month. Hope it goes well! I also hope you don't mind being my second favorite blog (even before looking at it, I can't imagine checking one more than i do celticsblog! Great job jeff!)

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 09:51:33 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Quick thanks to FLCeltsFan for putting the post in the Daily Links and another thank you to the 77 people who have viewed it so far!

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 10:03:20 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
A buddy of mine (who you should know is very anti-Boston sports after going to school at Middlebury) and I started a general sports blog this morning.  I think we'll be updating it pretty consistently and I just thought I'd inform you all in case you're ever bored enough to add another blog to your rotation.  Thanks!

How about secondchoiceofbackgroundcolor.com?  Good god, I can barely read the posts with that background color he chose.  Unless he's getting sponsorship from an optometrist, he should make his blog's appearance reader friendly.

don't forget to read my tips on starting a blog

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-75/NBA-Blogging-101.html

You know some things about starting a blog?