Author Topic: Behavior Modification?  (Read 11998 times)

Re: Behavior Modification?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 12:46:38 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The impression I've always had of the blog is that it is a privately run public blog.  Basically, Jeff has his rules, and if you don't like them, too bad.  His rules are fair, but, they don't have to be if he chose so.  It's his blog.  Obviously, though, nobody would come here if the rules were draconian, so they're not.

I must also say, the newbie poster issue I think is just a matter of adding content.  While I've been here about 2 years, I don't post much and usually in spurts, and I don't have a great deal of TP's (don't really care either).  Generally though, I am responded to when I offer something worth responding to.

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 03:10:09 AM »

Offline NickFaldo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
I didn't pick any fights. I don't care what you think, Roy Hobbs. I've gotten no pleasure in being introduced to your double standards. You've made derogatory statements about me without backing them up. What's good for the goose is not good for the gander at Celtics Blog. So I'm out of here. You're a bully hypocrite. And don't be saying you banned me, because I quit first. Here's a google phrase for you to search- authoritarian personality. That's what you've got.
"So he makes a study. I couldn't care less."  Red Auerbach

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
well...that went well  ::)
Yup

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 09:19:05 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
I was on that CelticsHub forum as GranTur for a while after they opened up that board.

I remember it being about 5 people who just argued nonsensically all the time.

Not an enjoyable forum experience.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Seems to me that someone came to this community with an agenda and looking to push buttons.

Also, get the sense that someone couldn't handle being a little fish in a big pond. 

My two cents.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You're a bully hypocrite. ... Here's a google phrase for you to search- authoritarian personality. That's what you've got.

Fair enough.

Quote from: Roy H.
That said, there's no reason that reputations can't be changed. I'd love to see you focus your energy here on making some positive contributions.   . . .

I'm sure the entire staff is fine with starting over with a clean slate.  If you want to be treated like just another poster, we're happy to oblige.  . . .   

Let's work together to make this a positive experience for all involved.

Those statements are straight out of the Dictator's Handbook.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 10:50:20 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Should we drop an A-Bomb on some evil country? That would show our strength, wouldn't it?

Perhaps you think Obama wasn't born in America?

I'm shocked that to this day someone is still supporting GW Bush. So you basically have no problem with illegal wars, torture, ruined economies, high unemployment, spy factories, huge increases in the national debt, massive tax cuts for the rich, etc.?

I guess it's all cool, because it's only your "no spin zone fair and balanced" opinion. 

Nick, I feel pretty comfortable and within the posting rules calling that level-headed, stereotypical, platitute-filled demonization of people you don't agree with....Silly. 

Those kinds of posts lead to responses that frankly, Nick, few if any people in here want to read.

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 12:22:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Should we drop an A-Bomb on some evil country? That would show our strength, wouldn't it?

Perhaps you think Obama wasn't born in America?

I'm shocked that to this day someone is still supporting GW Bush. So you basically have no problem with illegal wars, torture, ruined economies, high unemployment, spy factories, huge increases in the national debt, massive tax cuts for the rich, etc.?

I guess it's all cool, because it's only your "no spin zone fair and balanced" opinion. 

Nick, I feel pretty comfortable and within the posting rules calling that level-headed, stereotypical, platitute-filled demonization of people you don't agree with....Silly. 

Those kinds of posts lead to responses that frankly, Nick, few if any people in here want to read.

in a nutshell
Yup

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 12:54:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As a long time poster, I have to say, I think Nick is way off base. The mods here are pretty fair and lenient and will go out of their way to make sure you get to get your point across even if you are breaking rules. And they don't pick on low volume posters.

The simple fact is that they do a thankless job, unpaid might I add, and do it to the best of their ability. They are human and make mistakes as everyone does but overall, they are great and make this community the exceptional one it is.

Hey, if you read the rules and then knowingly break the rules, expect the consequences. It really is that simple.

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 07:14:53 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
As another long-time, occasional poster -- I have to say that I am constantly amazed at the mods dedication to keeping this an active and respectful blog.  As the mods are human beings and subject to their moods and perceptions, I am sure they've made errors, but my observation is that they do a remarkable job.  I appreciate it.

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
This is a common complaint.  When a post you wrote gets deleted or a thread you started gets locked, it's natural human behavior to feel victimized.  Nobody wants to relive how it felt when you were a kid and your parents had to scold you for breaking rules (especially rules you don't have a full understanding of yet because you're new).  On top of that it reminds people that mods have "power" while the rest of us don't, which probably adds a little jealously to the equation.

Obviously no one is going to be happy about being censored.  However, it's not something anyone should be taking personally.  The mods aren't attacking you, they're continuing to make the community better.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 12:42:24 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Just give out spankings... it will work better!!! lol
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15