Author Topic: Heat getting VERY desperate!!  (Read 8612 times)

Re: Heat getting VERY desperate!!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 05:55:56 PM »

Offline Weird Facts

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • OOGIE BOOGEY DELONTE
I think his source is wrong.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2010-11-05/ex-nba-player-steve-francis-signs-with-chinese-team

2 year deal with Beijing Ducks.  I guess this is why they call them rumors....
Fair or bad weather
I'll always be a fan of the green

http://www.cafepress.com/besttees3

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, I still think this is very early.  They can still turn this thing around.  And even if they don't this year, they have 4 more years together. 

5 more years - LBJ/Dwade/Bosh all signed 6 yr deals. I think they HAVE to put it all together at some point. Just too much on the line not too with a guy like Pat Riley overseeing everything.
2 more MLE contracts will bring them 2 solid players too. They'll get to the dance eventually.

That is, of course, if there is a MLE in the new CBE.  Who is to say there will be? 

But if there is, I think you're right, they'll probably get there eventually, assuming the team doesn't self-destruct under the pressure of 1-2 years of failure. 

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I think the best possible course of action for the Miami Heat is to actualy keep loosing, nothing will humble that team like becomming a league wide punching bag.

Give them another MLE player and 1-2 additions to their bench and its a solid team next year, i just cannot see them winning it all this year, the Championship goes though Orlando -> Celtics -> Lakers and they wont survive 2/3 series with such a week front court, regardless of the talent of their back court.

The worst possible thing that can happen for the Heat is if they panic around the AllStar break and take on a horrible contract or send a valuable building block to another team, Pat Riley's ultimate challenge wasnt getting Lebron, its trying to stay patient in the face of adversity and have a longer term goal.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 07:27:53 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Funny they couldn't put away the Raptors yesterday LOL

It's not like the Celts have been all that great at putting teams away either (at least not until they get to overtime  ;) )

When the Celts find themselves in trouble, they fall back on defense and Team basketball. (Coach Rivers sees to that!)  When the Heat is in trouble, they have nothing to fall back on...not yet, anyway...and I don't think their coach has the experience to pull them together.

That's not true, when the heat's in trouble, they fall back on lebron  ;)
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Funny they couldn't put away the Raptors yesterday LOL

It's not like the Celts have been all that great at putting teams away either (at least not until they get to overtime  ;) )

When the Celts find themselves in trouble, they fall back on defense and Team basketball. (Coach Rivers sees to that!)  When the Heat is in trouble, they have nothing to fall back on...not yet, anyway...and I don't think their coach has the experience to pull them together.

That's not true, when the heat's in trouble, they fall back on lebron  ;)
hmmmm....I thought that was what I said... ;D
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
While it's certainly true that the Miami Heat are the worst of the teams in the Eastern Conference that have a winning record thus far in the NBA season I still pretty sure that LeBron James and Chris Bosh still have no regrets about choosing to sign with the Miami Heat instead of, say, the New Jersey Nets, lols...

As far as the Western Conference is concerned, Chris Paul is a beast. It's amazing how well the New Orleans Hornets are doing so far in the Western Conference where they may have to worry about teams with young stars such as the Grizzlies, the Warriors and the Thunder. Meanwhile the 'veteran' teams in the West are all waiting for the Hornets to mess up and lose some games (Jazz, Trail-Blazers, Mavericks, Nuggets, Suns, Spurs, Lakers, etc.) so it's almost like the Hornets are still sitting pretty on their high-horse at the top of the West.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:34:01 PM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 11:01:32 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They are on a TEAM but DO NOT PLAY TEAM BALL.

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Somewhere in Turkey Iverson is [peeved] about this news.

They’d be even worse with him.  ::)

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 02:15:31 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Let's see here - No PG, No C, No Coach, mediocre bench - Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Well I think Bosh, Bron, and Dwade can win at least 50 games by themselves and Udonis Haslem is still there.

That Goober coach needs to be fired.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 03:41:07 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I really think they should give Chalmers 10 games of rotation minutes and try to get him going again.

I don't care if it's Chalmers or anybody else, if all they're going to do is stand around while Bron or Wade dominate the ball, no PG is going to be that productive.  Either start Eddie House or move Wade over to PG and start Jones now and Miller when he's healthy.  I know Wade won't like it, but it doesn't make much sense to do anything else.

mike
There is more to the PG position than racking up assists. LeBron and Wade will always do the majority of the ball handling. They need their PG to give them better defense and shooting at the least.
As with Jordan's Bulls, PGs don't have to run the offense.

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 05:13:26 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I do not buy the general impression of the Heat getting very desperate. They are not winning much since the season started as most pundits have predicted. I am actually wary of the situation where the Celts (I hope not) and their fans "laughing at" their current predicaments - if ever these are genuine ones.

Remember the 1991 Bulls. They didnt start the season on a very positive note but they rammed through the defending champs Pistons flat in the Eastern Finals and went on to win their first three-peat. The back-to-back champs didn't find an answer to the duo of Jordan and Pippen. Youth, talent, skill and athleticism are the major components that pushed that Bulls team to win it all.

Let's minimize, if not stop making fun of the Heat right now because they may yet have the last laugh. PP, Ray, KG and Shaq may not have the legs to match these young multi-talented team of LeBronze and DWade. They are a bunch of legit talents led by two perennial outstanding All-Star players.

I guess Danny is fully aware of these that is why we need more young, skillful and athletic players. We may have to let Wafer (the VW bug) go and trade some. Joe Alexander (waived by NO), Mo Ager (waived by Sota), and McCants are available and one of them may be needed to replace VW. On top of the VW replacement, we may need to add more.

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 07:36:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Jordan had a will to win and killer instinct.  LeBron doesn't if his talent is enough to product a win, great, if not he is done.   They don't have the rebounding, commitment to D or interior defense that the Bulls had either.  This team doesn't know how to play team ball or win really.  They know how to fill the stat line.  Not all All Star are winners?  How many titles did Karl Malone and Stockton win?   George Gervin?  I don't see how they compare to the Bulls other than their start? A weak and wishful analogy, Greenhead85.  

If they were going to get motivated and turn on the fans we'd seen it by now.   My bet is they are going to turn on each other, blame the coach etc.  I think they will play better but these boys forgot one thing when they signed up in their mega trio.  They still had to play the games.

Do you really think any of their players read the boards and our comments have real impact on games?   If you do, I have some nice beachfront property I could sell you cheap on Uranus, pm for details.  Do you think we are going to get hosed by Karmic Backlash?

Now I am all in favor of getting some young legs on the team.

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 08:27:46 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Jordan had a will to win and killer instinct.  LeBron doesn't if his talent is enough to product a win, great, if not he is done.   They don't have the rebounding, commitment to D or interior defense that the Bulls had either.  This team doesn't know how to play team ball or win really.  They know how to fill the stat line.  Not all All Star are winners?  How many titles did Karl Malone and Stockton win?   George Gervin?  I don't see how they compare to the Bulls other than their start? A weak and wishful analogy, Greenhead85.  

If they were going to get motivated and turn on the fans we'd seen it by now.   My bet is they are going to turn on each other, blame the coach etc.  I think they will play better but these boys forgot one thing when they signed up in their mega trio.  They still had to play the games.

Do you really think any of their players read the boards and our comments have real impact on games?   If you do, I have some nice beachfront property I could sell you cheap on Uranus, pm for details.  Do you think we are going to get hosed by Karmic Backlash?

Now I am all in favor of getting some young legs on the team.

1991 Bulls                    2010-11 Heat
PG - Paxson                   Chalmers/House
SG - Jordan                   DWade
SF - Pippen                   Lebron
PF - H. Grant                 Haslem
C - Cartwright                Anthony/Ilgauskas

At PG, House is more of a streak shooter than Paxson. If they get a guy like Gibson, they get deadlier. DWade is your "small time" Jordan. Lebron is by leaps and bounds more productive and destructive (offensively/defensively) than Pippen. PF and C  (but Z is a much better shooter and Cartwright a better rebounder)are just even. Then they have the tall duo of Miller and James Jones as three-point shooters. Plus, Lebron, DWade, Z, House and Haslem have championship experience.

For me, our team is overexposed while theirs remain to be a puzzle or as some say it, (team) work in progress. Lebron and Dwade are not your ordinary All-Stars. They know what it takes to win. They are game-changers. Look at LAL, they added two 6'9" players like Caracter and Ebanks in anticipation of wearing down Lebron and picked up Barnes to do the same on DWade. We also have upgrades but we need more. At the very least we need a reliable scoring SG (in the mold of Brandon Rush or Rip Hamilton) and SF.

The Heat's 2 losses against us this season don't mean anything. We are obviously exposing our fangs early in the game while they are like wild dogs waiting to get unleashed.

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 10:21:55 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I really think they should give Chalmers 10 games of rotation minutes and try to get him going again.

I don't care if it's Chalmers or anybody else, if all they're going to do is stand around while Bron or Wade dominate the ball, no PG is going to be that productive.  Either start Eddie House or move Wade over to PG and start Jones now and Miller when he's healthy.  I know Wade won't like it, but it doesn't make much sense to do anything else.

mike
There is more to the PG position than racking up assists. LeBron and Wade will always do the majority of the ball handling. They need their PG to give them better defense and shooting at the least.
As with Jordan's Bulls, PGs don't have to run the offense.

But you do need somebody who can run an offense, which neither LeBron nor Wade can do.  Bron can drive and dish, but there's a heck of a lot more to running an offense than that.  Wade isn't even really great at driving and dishing.

Mike