Author Topic: Heat getting VERY desperate!!  (Read 8611 times)

Heat getting VERY desperate!!
« on: November 14, 2010, 03:26:13 PM »

Offline MiamiCelticfan

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 29
I work for WQAM down here in Miami and a guy who works at Miami International airport and said Steve Francis is in town to meet with Pat Riley. This is beyond hilarious.

Re: Heat getting VERY desperate!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Funny they couldn't put away the Raptors yesterday LOL
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 03:38:41 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, I still think this is very early.  They can still turn this thing around.  And even if they don't this year, they have 4 more years together.  

Still, it would be rather amusing to see this thing fall apart.  If LeBron can't win a title in Miami, it will completely ruin his legacy.  At least with guys like Barkley and Ewing, you can say that they "never had the talent around them" to win it all.  Won't be able to say that if it falls apart here.  

But as I said, I wouldn't write them off yet.  Lots of time.  

Francis certainly isn't a good idea though.  Even if he has game left, the last thing Miami needs is another player who needs to dominate the ball to be effective. 

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 04:07:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Well, I still think this is very early.  They can still turn this thing around.  And even if they don't this year, they have 4 more years together. 

5 more years - LBJ/Dwade/Bosh all signed 6 yr deals. I think they HAVE to put it all together at some point. Just too much on the line not too with a guy like Pat Riley overseeing everything.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 04:08:31 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

It's not like the Celts have been all that great at putting teams away either (at least not until they get to overtime  ;) )
Yup

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 04:26:48 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

It's not like the Celts have been all that great at putting teams away either (at least not until they get to overtime  ;) )

When the Celts find themselves in trouble, they fall back on defense and Team basketball. (Coach Rivers sees to that!)  When the Heat is in trouble, they have nothing to fall back on...not yet, anyway...and I don't think their coach has the experience to pull them together.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Too many egos for that team to be successful this year. Also a severe lack of talent after Bosh/James/Wade. I'm not sure if they'll be able to develop the chemistry this year.

I'm sure they'll be able to add more talent through the MLE in coming years, though. It's inevitable they will find some success in the next 3-4 years.. It's just not this year, imo.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 04:35:16 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Somewhere in Turkey Iverson is p---ed about this news.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 04:46:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
They currently have the worst PG rotation in the league, I don't blame Riley for looking for an upgrade.

I don't think Steve Francis is it, he looked cooked the last time I saw him. I really think they should give Chalmers 10 games of rotation minutes and try to get him going again.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Too many egos for that team to be successful this year. Also a severe lack of talent after Bosh/James/Wade. I'm not sure if they'll be able to develop the chemistry this year.

I'm sure they'll be able to add more talent through the MLE in coming years, though. It's inevitable they will find some success in the next 3-4 years.. It's just not this year, imo.

You said it man! As long as they think they are all the greatest basketball PLAYERS of all time, they'll never win it. They actually need to just shut up and go out and play. They are acting like everyone should be intimidated by their names and teams are not. In fact, teams want to take it to them and beat them because of their obnoxious behavior. The Celtics have that team pride and play with it. The Lakers maximize their pieces too. They know their roles. These are the kind of guys you want going to war with you. Where is that Heat mystique? That Heat pride? That Heat chemistry? It's more Lebron's ego and Wade's ego waiting to take poster shots. They gotta stop going "I'm Lebron, I'm DWade". They can bring in just about anybody right now. This isn't their year....

This is more fun to sit back and watch them be frustrated than it is watching them play ball. They can't beat real teams (above .500) yet because they ain't a team yet. They'll eventually get it one day. Until then, just sit back and watch them crack under pressure and deflect blame. I'm loving every second of it!
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 05:15:26 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Well, I still think this is very early.  They can still turn this thing around.  And even if they don't this year, they have 4 more years together. 

5 more years - LBJ/Dwade/Bosh all signed 6 yr deals. I think they HAVE to put it all together at some point. Just too much on the line not too with a guy like Pat Riley overseeing everything.
2 more MLE contracts will bring them 2 solid players too. They'll get to the dance eventually.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I really think they should give Chalmers 10 games of rotation minutes and try to get him going again.

I don't care if it's Chalmers or anybody else, if all they're going to do is stand around while Bron or Wade dominate the ball, no PG is going to be that productive.  Either start Eddie House or move Wade over to PG and start Jones now and Miller when he's healthy.  I know Wade won't like it, but it doesn't make much sense to do anything else.

mike

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I really think they should give Chalmers 10 games of rotation minutes and try to get him going again.

I don't care if it's Chalmers or anybody else, if all they're going to do is stand around while Bron or Wade dominate the ball, no PG is going to be that productive.  Either start Eddie House or move Wade over to PG and start Jones now and Miller when he's healthy.  I know Wade won't like it, but it doesn't make much sense to do anything else.

mike

-The messiah is their PG whether they have Chalmers or Steve Nash.
-The messiah is their SG whether they have DeWyane Wade or Mike Miller
-The messiah is their SF whether they have Paul Pierce or Kobe Bryant

Really makes no difference who's on their roster.

Look at the 4th quarter of the last game they played us to validate that.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

mike
There is more to the PG position than racking up assists. LeBron and Wade will always do the majority of the ball handling. They need their PG to give them better defense and shooting at the least.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 05:53:46 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

mike

-The messiah is their PG whether they have Chalmers or Steve Nash.
-The messiah is their SG whether they have DeWyane Wade or Mike Miller
-The messiah is their SF whether they have Paul Pierce or Kobe Bryant

Really makes no difference who's on their roster.

Look at the 4th quarter of the last game they played us to validate that.
Now you're just drinking a whole lot of hate-o-rade.

Even if they don't get a ton of touches upgrading from Arroyo/House would help the team.