Author Topic: Gotta love Wojo's latest Lebron trashing  (Read 7781 times)

Re: Gotta love Wojo's latest Lebron trashing
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 07:18:45 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I tend to agree with those who think that LeBron is getting unjustly blamed.  Now please let me qualify that by saying that I hate the guy and wouldn't be upset at all to see him go the way of Tracy McGrady or Yao Ming and get a debilitating career-ending/jeopardizing injury. 

However, it's 9 games into the season.  It doesn't look good right now; however, as we Celtic fans should know very well after last year, it could be a totally different story come playoff time. 

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Sigh. This is the same Wojo who wrote that KG's career would be forever stained by the "cancer" comment. As one poster mentioned, he truly is a one-trick-pony who has an agenda.

We get it, he doesn't like LeBron.

Just to add to your first paragraph, Lebron's game hasn't developed much in the last 3 or 4 years. This guy probably doesn't pick up a basketball during the summer.

This is the height of ignorance considering he averaged career highs or near career highs in many categories last season. LeBron's FG% his rookie year: 42%...last season, 50%. Yeah, really, no development. 

Cowardly? This is one of the more often used word on this site. How is Woj cowardly? Please look up the definition of coward before you use it to label others. I know Woj has been writing articles with the same kinda tone and theme for quite sometime now....it is boring...but not cowardly.

It's not cowardly because he won't tell him to his face. It's cowardly because there is not a single easier or lower hanging fruit right now in the NBA than to pile on LeBron. Does anyone truly believe Wojo is an original in his LeBron bashing? He writes obvious stuff and than exaggerates it for effect. It's embarrassing actually.

When he reports, he is excellent. His analysis is, well, the very opposite.

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 08:43:53 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
It's cowardly because there is not a single easier or lower hanging fruit right now in the NBA than to pile on LeBron.

But he has been at it for quite sometime now....its not new. Woj was doing it when LBJ was Cleveland's darling. I agree that Woj's articles are getting boring and read the same....but thats no reason to call him a cowardly. I just hate it that the word "coward" is thrown around so much on this site...we use it quite a bit around here to describe some players....and now we are on to journalists too?
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
But he has been at it for quite sometime now....its not new. Woj was doing it when LBJ was Cleveland's darling. I agree that Woj's articles are getting boring and read the same....but thats no reason to call him a cowardly. I just hate it that the word "coward" is thrown around so much on this site...we use it quite a bit around here to describe some players....and now we are on to journalists too?

Very fair point. Agreed.

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 07:53:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
When you presume to call yourself King James your going to get some out there provoked to regicide or taking up the dagger of the assassin.  The league asked for this when they marketed him as the second coming.  He isn't as I have often said he is little more than Dominique Wilkins with some passing skill.  He deserves it all because he gets the benefits of it all.  His coach is horrible but has LeBron ever been coachable.   If his immense talent is not enough has he ever adapted no?  Hell, no.  He doesn't do jack in the summer and why would he doesn't care.   He thinks he is all world and the best in game and he doesn't care about winning.  Why would he try improve what he sees as perfect.  This isn't Larry or MJ who added a new trick each summer. 

Wojo is right about James though, he isn't the alpha male that leads the pack whether in CLE or MIA.   He is probably one of the fastest dogs and most athletic of the pack though.  But he isn't the most dangerous or best hunter content to eat from the kills of others as long as his belly is full , he doesn't care.

It won't be a different story in the playoffs with LeBron though.  He has never played better when it mattered and that is fact.  Got swept in his only finals and lead to his team to great regular seasons only to get bounced in the playoffs the last few years.

This guy is deeply flawed when it comes to will to win and over dribbling and crippling team offense.  I've known this for years having lived in Ohio.  I didn't drink the hype kool-aid.  But many now are choking on it now.  He isn't a Celtic, so I could care less how he does and how the HEAT does.  I want them to lose when they play us.

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I tend to agree with those who think that LeBron is getting unjustly blamed. 

On top of that, they're having issues on offense that many people were expecting them to have because of the makeup of their superstars and people blame the coach.

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
LeBron speaks again from a post on ESPN - trying to deflect the criticism from Woj (and pretty much everyone):

"It got blew up out of proportion, saying that I told coach Spo [Erik Spoelstra] that he's playing me too much and he's a bad coach," James said before Miami's game Saturday against the visiting Toronto Raptors. "You kind of understand sometimes what Randy Moss was talking about when he said, 'I will not be answering any more questions.' Because every time I say something, it gets turned out of character."

"You never want to get to a point where you say something, and it catches you from behind, or the coach says something and you say, 'Wow, I didn't know nothing about that,' " James said. "That's something that me and coach had talked about two days before the Boston game, and it's something we will figure out as a collective group. The open form of communication is always important in this game, because you don't want to get to a point where you're talking through the media."

Hard to see how his comments could have been "taken out of context":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-s5UPWVH8&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:48:09 AM by nba is the worst »

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
One thing I agree with is that the Miami dynamic is very similar to the old Cleveland dynamic: four guys standing around just watching LBJ do his thing. 

It's ironic that LBJ went to so much trouble during the offseason, but is still enacting the same old archetype (as I think Zach Lowe has pointed out).

TPs to xmuscular for correct technical analysis, and the monk for calling out misuse of "coward." 
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
LeBron isn't all to blame for Miami's struggles thus far. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh will never be as effective as the Celtic 3 have been because they're not complimentary players. Two dominant, on-the-ball wing players with a soft, defensively-challenged big man is not the formula for championship ball. Especially when your team sucks at PG and C. One of LeBron or Wade is going to have to be happy with like 16 PPG to make it work. And even then, can one imagine Wade or LeBron working off screens a la Ray Allen?

Miami will struggle all year to even come close to expectations. They barely beat a Toronto team coming off a B2B last night. They will not beat many good teams this year..

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:37 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
This guy is deeply flawed when it comes to will to win and over dribbling and crippling team offense. 

That's not entirely fair to Bron.  In the 2009 East Finals, he scored 49, 35, 41, 44, 37 and 25 points.  He also led the Cavs in assists every game and led them in rebounds twice.  If the Cavs hadn't lost fairly decisively in 6 games, that would be remembered as one of the greatest playoff performances of all time.

LeBron's problem is that he grew up in the post-Jordan basketball culture where star players become the center of their own universe.  Do you think LeBron has ever been forced to play within a team framework the way Jordan had to at North Carolina?

Mike