4 (7.7%)
Celtics in 5
23 (44.2%)
Celtics in 6
22 (42.3%)
Celtics in 7
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Poll: Cavaliers vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 4481 times)

Re: Poll: Cavaliers vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 10:08:00 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3021
  • On To Banner 18!
Slept on it, and honestly I still don't like our chances at all tomorrow. Only give us like a 15% chance to win Game 3.

Miami's "homecourt" and fanbase is a joke anyways. Cleveland is different and somewhat underrated, they will be hyped and loud too.

Dang they really put themselves in a tough spot losing Game 2. I still pick BOS in 6, but it could go 7 which would still suck lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 10:18:36 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 686
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Slept on it, and honestly I still don't like our chances at all tomorrow. Only give us like a 15% chance to win Game 3.

Miami's "homecourt" and fanbase is a joke anyways. Cleveland is different and somewhat underrated, they will be hyped and loud too.

Dang they really put themselves in a tough spot losing Game 2. I still pick BOS in 6, but it could go 7 which would still suck lol

I agree about tomorrow. Will be surprised if they win Game 3. I picked Boston in 5 but that did not figure in a loss at home in Game 2. Thought Cleveland would get Game 3 at home anyway. Now that seems a bit more likely with the history in Cleveland and the fact they cannot guard Mitchell at all. Plus Tatum looks like he has lost his shot.

I will say if the Celtics win this series it will be in 7. If the Cavs win this series it will be in 6. I just do not trust the Celtics anymore. I am tired of falling for the idea they have learned from past mistakes. They just haven't.

« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 10:24:40 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599

I agree about tomorrow. Will be surprised if they win Game 3. I picked Boston in 5 but that did not figure in a loss at home in Game 2. Thought Cleveland would get Game 3 at home anyway. Now that seems a bit more likely with the history in Cleveland and the fact they cannot guard Mitchell at all. Plus Tatum looks like he has lost his shot.

I will say if the Celtics win this series it will be in 7. If the Cavs win this series it will be in 6. I just do not trust the Celtics anymore. I am tired of falling for the idea they have learned from past mistakes. They just haven't.

THey have had all the skill necessary to win the last few years. They are just mentally weak. They take nights off and just don't go out there with the intention to destroy the other team. I just don't get it. How do you get to this level and be so soft?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 10:55:09 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

THey have had all the skill necessary to win the last few years. They are just mentally weak. They take nights off and just don't go out there with the intention to destroy the other team. I just don't get it. How do you get to this level and be so soft?

They think they won championships so they can coast games. Tatum also wants to play more minutes and probably more games. I get that you love basketball but don't do that at the expense of the team. All mental, nothing new from them

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 11:07:10 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be

They think they won championships so they can coast games. Tatum also wants to play more minutes and probably more games. I get that you love basketball but don't do that at the expense of the team. All mental, nothing new from them

Are we just making crap up now?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 11:36:43 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2545

Yeah - where does that come from?

I just hated last night - so disappointing. But really hopeful that tomorrow brings a return to Game 1 intensity annd effectiveness. 

« Reply #51 on: Yesterday at 12:22:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

Yeah - where does that come from?

I just hated last night - so disappointing. But really hopeful that tomorrow brings a return to Game 1 intensity annd effectiveness.

https://www.si.com/nba/celtics/news/they-understand-jayson-tatum-shares-why-he-rarely-misses-games

"I've been here seven years; they understand kind of what they're dealing with; I don't like to sit out," Tatum said. "I understand if I was injured or whatever, but I said before, I just love to play the game."

He doesn't like sitting out, and loves playing the game. Which translates to spending as much time on the floor as he can.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 12:49:39 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
I selected Celtics in 5 mostly becasue of games exactly like yesterdays. The Celtics are heavily reliant on three point shooting, if they have a game where you shoot 25% on wide open threes like the Celtics did last night they are going to have a very hard time winning. ANY team will have a hard time winning that sort of game, but especially the Celtics. It was only compounded by the fact that Cleveland had an outlier GOOD shooting game.

Could a similar outlier shooting performance happen again and the series goes 6? Sure. But I very much doubt you get it 3 more times in 5 more games which is porbably what it takes for the cavs to win the series.

@dangercart (people should follow him if they don't already) on twitter had an excellent stat. Teams are 185-5 in this decade when they shoot 25%+ better than their opponent from three. Celtics finished slightly better than that but still it illustrates the point, lose the three point battle by that much an its an automatic loss.

I expect the Celtics to do what they did game 3 vs Miami, play extremely well defensively and win by about 20 in game 3.