Author Topic: Himmelsbach: Kyrie has "ghosted" the Celtics the past few weeks  (Read 5129 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This coincides with what Chris Mannix said on radio today

mannix:"The Celtics and Kyrie have had no contact in weeks." He thinks Kyrie is gone but...it's Kyrie, so who knows

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/06/17/now-what-nine-thoughts-state-celtics/o1L9OGoOzu8KiYapmrgd9K/story.html

Himmelsbach:
"the strangest part about the Irving situation right now is it appears he's essentially ghosted on the Celtics. The people within the organization I've spoken with have made it clear they've had little, if any, communication with Irving in weeks."

He did the same to the cavs team and teammates right before he left. What a diva

The sad part is Ainge likely lying and saying he's had "ongoing talks" with kyrie the past few weeks

Re: Himmelsbach: Kyrie has "ghosted" the Celtics the past few weeks
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Good riddance

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Did Danny do his due diligence before trading for Kyrie ?
I bet Cleveland fans are happy with the eventual outcome

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 08:35:45 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

mannix:"The Celtics and Kyrie have had no contact in weeks." He thinks Kyrie is gone but...it's Kyrie, so who knows

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/06/17/now-what-nine-thoughts-state-celtics/o1L9OGoOzu8KiYapmrgd9K/story.html

Himmelsbach:
"the strangest part about the Irving situation right now is it appears he's essentially ghosted on the Celtics. The people within the organization I've spoken with have made it clear they've had little, if any, communication with Irving in weeks."

He did the same to the cavs team and teammates right before he left. What a diva

The sad part is Ainge likely lying and saying he's had "ongoing talks" with kyrie the past few weeks

Well maybe he had ongoing talks with his fired agent  ;D

I wonder if Kyrie will even be at this supposed meeting before the draft, and if it will even be face to face...could be a conference call. He could break up with Danny via text message  :o
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 08:37:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
For some reason I doubt Cleveland fans are excited about being a perpetual lottery team.

But back to the topic - I’ll be glad to see Kyrie go. The more his locker-room problems are evidenced the more inexcusable they are. No leadership, and his on-court performance didn’t even offset it when it mattered most
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 08:39:44 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It is time to end this. Kyrie leaving is addition by subtraction.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 08:44:52 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

Himmelsbach:

The lying doesn't bother me at all, it's part of the job. It doesn't help the Celtics if they throw Kyrie under the bus and make him look bad, players around the league will resent it. They need to play nice, not for Kyrie's sake, but rather for their own.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
If the C's have reached out and haven't heard anything from Kyrie for weeks, that is just so unprofessional. 
He is the kingpin to any other moves the team makes this offseason now that Davis is off the table.  Sounds like he is playing games with the C's a bit at this point.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 08:47:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kyrie seems like a really awful person to have as a co-worker.

Not much fun to have as a representative of your favorite team, either.

Seeya buddy.  Hope Brooklyn has what you're looking for.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 08:49:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I mean, the dude refused to speak to his Cavs teammates during the playoffs, then demanded a trade off a contender.

Is anybody surprised by this?  It's an unfortunate aspect of Kyrie's personality.  He's a great player on the court, and complete trash off of it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 08:49:34 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Himmelsbach:

Ainges job is to keep stuff close to his vest, sometimes that means saying stuff that isn't completely true in the team's best interest.  He's just doing his job.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 08:50:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
For some reason I doubt Cleveland fans are excited about being a perpetual lottery team.

But back to the topic - I’ll be glad to see Kyrie go. The more his locker-room problems are evidenced the more inexcusable they are. No leadership, and his on-court performance didn’t even offset it when it mattered most
Yep.  And it’s worse than “no leadership.”  No leadership can imply a neutral kind of personality, whereas Irving seems like a dark cloud in terms of his effect on others.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Capital D Diva!

The homegrown youth movement looks better and better by the day.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Cleveland fans now get to say "I told you so!!!" and "Hah we got your BKN 2018 pick I bet y'all regretted trading that"

and I actually did felt concerned about trading the BKN 2018 pick in that transaction.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 08:53:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yep.  And it’s worse than “no leadership.”  No leadership can imply a neutral kind of personality, whereas Irving seems like a dark cloud in terms of his effect on others.
Ugh, too true. I really thought he’d turned the corner after ‘17-‘18, where things were seemingly fine
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)