Author Topic: Mannix on OMF radio show.  (Read 7737 times)

Re: Mannix on OMF radio show.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 05:49:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My guess is Brown challenged Kyrie on and off the floor. Called BS on a lot of what Kyrie said about the team as well as real world issues.

Kyrie got mad and took his ball and went home.

What I find most interesting is that Marcus Smart publicly backed Kyrie at the time Kyrie and Brown were having a public spat.  Tells me all I need to know about who was right (Kyrie) and who was being a baby (Brown).

Or, you could just be a Kyrie / Duke fan?

Kyrie also clashed with Stevens, he forced his way out of Cleveland first by not talking to teammates in the playoffs and then threatening to get surgery during the season, he's clashed with teammates at both stops in his career, and overall he's a flake.

I like his on the court game, but I don't automatically jump to his defense when there's a personality conflict.  Kyrie is a space cadet, mixed with a terrible leader.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 05:50:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So sounds like he became the one he fled with those issues. Not liking Stevens control is essentially very Lebron like and sad to hear if true. If true, I would choose Stevens over Kyrie 100 times over 100. If true, I hope he never wins a title again and whines his way to insignificance. If true, Good luck with the  Nets coach Kyrie, he is not a puppet on your string either and wait til things dont go your way in Brooklyn..tough place to let the fans down and that media is relentless as well. If not true, I hope he signs with Celtics 😁🤪🤢

I want to see the alternate universe where Kyrie came of age surrounded by less egocentric vets and useless coaches.

When he was drafted, the Cavs were a hot mess, completely dysfunctional.  Luol Deng was shocked by it.  The coaches weren't coaching, the vets were all doing their own things.  You had wastes of talent like Andrew Bynum, and an open feud between Kyrie and Dion Waiters.

Kyrie's first mentor was Lebron, and Kyrie seems to have picked up almost all of Lebron's bad habits.

I think he's a fantastic player, and I wish he could have honed his skills in a strong environment.

That said, Kyrie was absolutely right that Danny should have signed more vets last off-season.  I said it at the time:  giving contracts to borderline NBA players like Jabari Bird was a mistake.  We should have used a roster spot who was the 2019 equivalent of James Jones, Elton Brand or Juwan Howard.

Think Kyrie did foresee some of these issues and wanting more vets to help him was what he was asking Danny for. Danny ignored him. These young players got big balls from that playoff run and were not having much of any of the leadership (or attempted leadership) Kyrie was trying.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Also, forgot this, he says if Kyrie didn't like Stevens and the Boston youth, he is not going to enjoy being in Brooklyn as they are tremendously young and their coach is about as close to a Stevens clone as you are going to get. He said Atchinson and Marks did things extremely similar to Stevens and Ainge.

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Also, forgot this, he says if Kyrie didn't like Stevens and the Boston youth, he is not going to enjoy being in Brooklyn as they are tremendously young and their coach is about as close to a Stevens clone as you are going to get. He said Atchinson and Marks did things extremely similar to Stevens and Ainge.

Feel bad for Stevens. He knew the issues. Could not do anything about them. Kyrie half you know what a lot, young guys wanting more and more, Hayward lost in the sauce, having zero confidence.

Could never get any of the them to buy except Hayward and Al.

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 05:59:21 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well if all of what was said on that show is true, maybe it is just better for KI to move on anyways.

DA isn't getting rid of Stevens no matter what, and highly unlikely he is trading away one of our top players who is on a great rookie contract right now.  It just sucks that the C's couldn't get something back in return for Kyrie leaving.

With all the other reports linking KI to the Nets, his new agent, and him supposedly moving out of his house....well it looks like a done deal.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 05:59:51 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
My guess is Brown challenged Kyrie on and off the floor. Called BS on a lot of what Kyrie said about the team as well as real world issues.

What I find most interesting is that Marcus Smart publicly backed Kyrie at the time Kyrie and Brown were having a public spat.  Tells me all I need to know about who was right (Kyrie) and who was being a baby (Brown).
I think Marcus was just trying to hold everything together at that point.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 06:01:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

I kind of wonder if Smart and Brown don't get along super well either.

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 06:01:39 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 06:01:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The 30 For 30 on this team will be must watch TV...what an absolute mess.

If Kyrie did not like Stevens, nor Brown...he is not coming back...which like someone else said is probably best.

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 06:02:26 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell

Bingo

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 06:02:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

bingo

fighting for the same starting spot, Marcus wants to start too...
but Brown is just an overall better player.  hopefully they can get it together for next season when they are starting together.

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 06:04:52 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
At this point, I have no issue if/when Kyrie leaves.

It’s unfortunate we can’t get any value for him, but he was probably THE issue this season. I know everyone contributed, but he seems like the major force and then seemingly gave up in the playoffs.

I think if there’s any way to get something, even if it isn’t Russell, in a S&T, I hope Ainge can do it. I’d give up the Memphis pick for Russell.

And if he indeed walks, I think Rozier would have a much better attitude knowing we want him and he’ll get minutes. Then resign Mook too. Get a vet point or combo guard, and become a team who emphasizes defense and ball movement (please buy in, Tatum) again.

I also believe we would see the return of the real Hayward, as not only will he have a full season back under his belt and a true summer to prepare, but he will have more playmaking duties and not just standing in a corner watching Kyrie.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 06:06:38 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

It’s unfortunate we can’t get any value for him, but he was probably THE issue this season. I know everyone contributed, but he seems like the major force and then seemingly gave up in the playoffs.

I think if there’s any way to get something, even if it isn’t Russell, in a S&T, I hope Ainge can do it. I’d give up the Memphis pick for Russell.

And if he indeed walks, I think Rozier would have a much better attitude knowing we want him and he’ll get minutes. Then resign Mook too. Get a vet point or combo guard, and become a team who emphasizes defense and ball movement (please buy in, Tatum) again.

I also believe we would see the return of the real Hayward, as not only will he have a full season back under his belt and a true summer to prepare, but he will have more playmaking duties and not just standing in a corner watching Kyrie.

I only want one of Morris and Rozier to return. They both jack the ball up too much. And we want Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Horford to get the majority of shots.

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 06:06:42 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell

bingo

fighting for the same starting spot, Marcus wants to start too...
but Brown is just an overall better player.  hopefully they can get it together for next season when they are starting together.

he actually doesnt care if he starts, sorry i misplaced the "bingo" and since fixed it

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 06:09:01 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I only want one of Morris and Rozier to return. They both jack the ball up too much. And we want Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Horford to get the majority of shots.

Can't TP this enough. Prefer Rozier kick rocks, bring in a vet PG that runs the offense first, shoots second. Can live with Mook but he is a chucker.

Still having nightmares about Rozier shooting 3 after 3 in game 7 vs Cleveland while Tatum was just hot...