Author Topic: Happy Bastille Day  (Read 7196 times)

Happy Bastille Day
« on: July 14, 2008, 02:51:30 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
A belated Happy Bastille Day to you all.

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

Re: Happy Bastille Day
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm not sure if this is a sarcastic happy bastille day, but I'm going to pretend it wasn't and wish everyone a happy Bastille Day. Liberte Egalite et Fraternite
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:01:04 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
I'm not sure if this is a sarcastic happy bastille day, but I'm going to pretend it wasn't and wish everyone a happy Bastille Day. Liberte Egalite et Fraternite

Nothing sarcastic about it all. 

As for the pictures, I would have to say that Tony Parker and Fredric Weiss are the two most famous French basketball players (for different reasons) so I included them.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »

Offline Cooldude5t5

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 36

As for the pictures, I would have to say that Tony Parker and Fredric Weiss are the two most famous French basketball players (for different reasons) so I included them.

Diaw and Turiaf are more famous than Weiss

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown

Diaw and Turiaf are more famous than Weiss

Diaw and Turiaf may be better than Weiss, but here in the states I would say Weiss is much more well known (Both for Vince Carter's dunk and the Knick's draft).

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
What about Pietrus? and the two guys drafted this year, Batum and the 7'2 Center who's name escapes me. Weiss is a funny story, everyone was so high on him then once the Knicks saw him get dunked on they were like don't bother getting on the plane.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 01:47:55 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I think Weiss is way more famous that Turiaf and Diaw in Europe, and not due to the "dunk of death". He'd easily be ahead of those two for a European Hall of Fame. Turiaf and Diaw are average NBA players, Weiss had more impact - for example, he led his team to a silver medal in the Olympics, he played in good Euroleague teams.

But right after Tony Parker there's this Monsieur:

Also, one shall consider Dacoury, the French sportsman who won the most trophies, he won like 20 competitions with Limoges.