Author Topic: Justise Winslow- a trade chip  (Read 3391 times)

Re: Justise Winslow- a trade chip
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 06:33:37 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I would give them Sully and this year’s Brooklyn pick. In all honesty, they probably turn down the offer, but you never know.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 06:37:09 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Riley will try to pair Winslow with Whiteside for a major player

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 06:39:25 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I would give them Sully and this year’s Brooklyn pick. In all honesty, they probably turn down the offer, but you never know.

No thanks.  I wouldn't trade the 16 BKN pick for Winslow straight up. 

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

What major player is making &5 million?  And people overstate Whiteside's trade value.  He's an expiring who you're going to have open the pocketbook for next summer.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 06:46:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

What major player is making &5 million?  And people overstate Whiteside's trade value.  He's an expiring who you're going to have open the pocketbook for next summer.

Throw in Deng and Anderson and you're offering $20 Million worth of contracts that includes $15 Million worth of expiring and 2 young assets.

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 07:05:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Throw in Deng and Anderson and you're offering $20 Million worth of contracts that includes $15 Million worth of expiring and 2 young assets.

Again, Whiteside is not a young asset.  He's a young expiring.  They're very different.  He's an unrestricted free agent this summer, and there are only Early bird rights attached with him, which he will sign a contract greater than that allows.  After April/May/June, he will be worthless to whatever team traded for him, other than having a 2-4 month trial period.

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

Again, Whiteside is not a young asset.  He's a young expiring.  They're very different.  He's an unrestricted free agent this summer, and there are only Early bird rights attached with him, which he will sign a contract greater than that allows.  After April/May/June, he will be worthless to whatever team traded for him, other than having a 2-4 month trial period.

Everyone understands Whiteside's contract situation, that's why attaching him to Winslow is important. 1 young asset and a recruiting advantage to sign another one, plus some cap space to do it.

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 07:59:15 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Based on what happened on draft night, Danny would do it in a heartbeat.

Personally speaking, I wouldn’t mind offering Miami both the Brooklyn pick and another first for Winslow. The problem is that Miami is probably trying to trade Winslow and Whiteside (plus pick(s) and fillers) for an established star like Boogie or Melo. I don’t think they will trade him for anything less than a star. I mean, last summer they turned down a far superior offer, why would they accept this deal now?

In any case, Danny has nothing to lose. We have far too many picks and we definitely need to use some of them in trades, the way we did when we acquired IT from the Suns.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:16:59 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 08:39:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Based on what happened on draft night, Danny would do it in a heartbeat.

Right because what happened then and what's transpired since isn't a fluid situation. The Lakers still pick Russell and Porzingis falls to the Knicks.

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 08:41:44 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

oh gosh, glad youre not in danny's shoes.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about