Author Topic: Boston, Sacramento and Chicago trade idea  (Read 2153 times)

Boston, Sacramento and Chicago trade idea
« on: January 05, 2021, 09:12:24 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Kemba and Romeo to Chicago

Thad Young, Carson Edwards and cash from Boston to Sacramento

Zach Lavine, Jahmius Ramsey and Harrison Barnes to Boston.

Chicago "rests" Kemba for most of the year and tanks it up. Next year they have an improved Williams, White, Lauri and Carter Jr and add a healty allstar in Kemba, A high draft pick and free agent with their capspace.

Sacramento cuts Young and used the cash from Boston to pay his salary. This allows them to immediately shed almost all of the salary cost for Barnes saving them 60+ million.

Boston adds an improved defensive scoring athlete on the wings and a reliable defender sf/pf off the bench.

Smart/PP/Teague
Lavine/Nesmith/Green
Brown/Barnes/Ramsey
Tatum/GrantW/Semi
Timelord/Thompson/Theis

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxd44n4k
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

Re: Boston, Sacramento and Chicago trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 09:51:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
None of this makes sense.

Chicago thinks they’re playoff contenders. They aren’t going to move their best player in Lavigne to rest Kemba a year.

Why does Sac move Barnes and then eat Thads salary? He can play a role.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 10:36:15 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Nice. Another trade Kemba thread.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Chicago thinks they’re playoff contenders. They aren’t going to move their best player in Lavigne to rest Kemba a year.

Chicago fans dont think the team is ready to compete.
Sacramento saves 60 million dollars. Barnes is not worth 60 million dollars and they are eating nothing of Thad, as next season is non guaranteed and they are cutting him immediately and the remaining salary is being paid by the celtics by the cash.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 01:00:15 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not sure either Chicago or SAC would do this but I am not so interested in either Zach Lavine or Harrison Barnes anyway.  Lavine is a good player but not what we need.  Harrison Barnes is just not that good to be stuck with for 3 years at a fair amount of money.

I would rather get Thad Young for a year with the TPE.  Maybe Carson Edwards and a draft pick?  Maybe Nesmith and a pick?  I know this would have to be two trades or something to allow the TPE to be used but I think something like this could be worked out.

Potential Starters:
Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Young, Thompson

Key Depth:
Teague, Pritchard, Smart, Langford, Green, Williams, Williams, Ojeleye, Theis

This of course depends on Kemba and Langford's health and even with them, we are still a bit light on depth at SF/Wing but I think this roster would be strong.  A lot of multi-position versatility and sufficient depth to cover for injuries and rest.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 01:21:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Brad should have never traded injured star (IT).

Look at all the crazy trade proposals it has spawned.

(Also can we finally all agree that Sexton's performance means that the Cavs won that trade? )

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 01:44:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Brad should have never traded injured star (IT).

Look at all the crazy trade proposals it has spawned.

(Also can we finally all agree that Sexton's performance means that the Cavs won that trade? )
Yes C's lost the trade but mostly because Irving left and then the team maxed an injured undersized PG. They took a good shot but it blew up like the Nets trade from the Nets point of view.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 01:45:32 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
My buddy who is a big Bulls fan thinks Lavine is a long-term piece in Chicago eventually/hopefully becoming a great #2 guy.  He has no interest in trading him for Kemba.

I don't think Lavine fits here.  He's great at offense, but requires many touches/usage/the ball and isn't a good defender.  I'd rather have Kemba as at least we know he has good chemistry with our key guys.

I do like the idea of getting Thad Young like Vermont Green mentioned.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 01:49:43 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Chicago fans dont think the team is ready to compete.
Sacramento saves 60 million dollars. Barnes is not worth 60 million dollars and they are eating nothing of Thad, as next season is non guaranteed and they are cutting him immediately and the remaining salary is being paid by the celtics by the cash.

If SAC's goal is to get rid of Barnes' salary -- debatable -- why wouldn't they just want to do a straight deal using BOS' TPE?   Then they wouldn't even need to take Thad and cut him.

1) SAC cuts Glenn Robinson (not guaranteed), opening a roster spot.
2) BOS trades Romeo, Grant & Carsen to SAC for Ramsey -- this gives us enough room under the tax threshold for ...
3) SAC trades Barnes to BOS for pick package.  BOS accepts him using the TPE.

Before people get mad at me for trading their favorite player:  You can replace the "Romeo, Grant & Carson for Ramsey" with any combination of contracts exchanged that nets at least 6.5M of salary savings.   That part also doesn't necessarily have to be one transaction to one team, as salary could be shed to other teams.

The end result is that SAC ends up shedding the difference between Barnes & Ramsey's contracts (23.2M) and those that it takes in, creating a TPE for them.

Boston would still have about ~6.3 left of the TPE.

No need to include Kemba or involve Chicago.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.