Author Topic: posters who have been here under a year  (Read 15388 times)

Re: posters who have been here under a year
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
thanks for those who have gave input.  what made the post/tp count intimidating?  is there anything that the blog can do to make it less intimidating, or was it intimidating on your own accord?

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

in time i've been here i only had one major disagreement and it ended with about 16 posts of us quoting back and forth then TPing eachother for a good discussion.

This is truly one of my favorite parts about the site.  (that and learning other opinions and of course the humor)
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
thanks for those who have gave input.  what made the post/tp count intimidating?  is there anything that the blog can do to make it less intimidating, or was it intimidating on your own accord?

It's just intimidating in itself...I can only speak for myself but at first I would feel kind of like I would be butting in with an opinion that no one really wants to hear until I make that post or throw a comment into the chat and get the responses I get.

Actually most of the TP's I have right now came from posting about a hilarious article by the LA Times. It was too funny not share and the fact of the matter is, everyone here has a mutual respect for every other C's fan out there and they respond accordingly. And really, how could any self-respecting C's fan not thoroughly enjoy an article that sings the Celtic's praises and makes them laugh on top of it?

I'm not sure it's something that the blog can or even needs to fix, it's just standard, every day "new kid" jitters. People have been on this board for a while and when you see all those stars and tp's you think "whoa, these guys are for real". Then you get comfortable with the different view points and opinions and you start to edit that to "whoa, these guys are crazy for real" or "whoa, these guys are rabid C's  fans for real". I'm kidding...kind of. But really, it is what it is. Nothing that needs to be fixed I think. CelticsBlog is great as is because of community that makes it what it is.

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 03:52:01 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

It's just intimidating in itself...I can only speak for myself but at first I would feel kind of like I would be butting in with an opinion that no one really wants to hear until I make that post or throw a comment into the chat and get the responses I get.

Actually most of the TP's I have right now came from posting about a hilarious article by the LA Times. It was too funny not share and the fact of the matter is, everyone here has a mutual respect for every other C's fan out there and they respond accordingly. And really, how could any self-respecting C's fan not thoroughly enjoy an article that sings the Celtic's praises and makes them laugh on top of it?

I'm not sure it's something that the blog can or even needs to fix, it's just standard, every day "new kid" jitters. People have been on this board for a while and when you see all those stars and tp's you think "whoa, these guys are for real". Then you get comfortable with the different view points and opinions and you start to edit that to "whoa, these guys are crazy for real" or "whoa, these guys are rabid C's  fans for real". I'm kidding...kind of. But really, it is what it is. Nothing that needs to be fixed I think. CelticsBlog is great as is because of community that makes it what it is.
this guys are insane for real..is actually right on the mark   ;)  ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 06:54:42 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

thats great info, thanks for sharing.  TP for u

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 07:34:12 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
I never really found the tps and stars intimidating. They just gave me a bit of an inferiority complex that made me try harder to prove my points and make a name for myself. Early on, I did get caught up in believing that the guys who had the most posts were inherently smarter and more knowledgable than me and everyone else. Now I know that while many of the most intelligent posters are the ones with the stars, everyone's opinion should be equally respected.

I do get the feeling that as time goes on, and your username becomes increasingly recognizable, your posts become acknowledged more frequently. I don't object to this, because I know that it's only natural.

The only problem I've had with the site is that people are generally impossible to persuade during arguments. People should be more willing to admit their wrong when someone flat out beats them in a debate. Sometimes, I can't help but escape the feeling that I'm arguing a brick wall. Personally, I make sure to every once in a while admit that I've been beat, and I think others should try it. It is a healthy thing to do, and it helps to make this blog even more of a community than it already is.

My favorite part of the blog is the long back and forth debates (as long as they stay civil). These are a blast to read and be a part of.

I guess I do have one other issue, but this isn't as much concerning the blog as it is myself. Sometimes, when I feel that certain posters have said something completely outrageous because of sheer stupidty or because they're being a homer/bandwagon-jump-offer, I can't resist replying and telling them they should shut up. I guess this is just me needed to bite my tongue once in a while (or in this case, my fingers off).

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
The only problem I've had with the site is that people are generally impossible to persuade during arguments. People should be more willing to admit their wrong when someone flat out beats them in a debate. Sometimes, I can't help but escape the feeling that I'm arguing a brick wall. Personally, I make sure to every once in a while admit that I've been beat, and I think others should try it. It is a healthy thing to do, and it helps to make this blog even more of a community than it already is.

Agreed there, but I don't think that is a Celticsblog issue, more just the way most people are.  Generally if you are arguing with someone in a thread, make a good point and they just stop posting... I consider that an admittance of being wrong :-)

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I've been here under a year. Started posting because I moved to Mississippi and felt removed from Boston sports fandom.

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 10:23:42 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
I never really found the tps and stars intimidating. They just gave me a bit of an inferiority complex that made me try harder to prove my points and make a name for myself. Early on, I did get caught up in believing that the guys who had the most posts were inherently smarter and more knowledgable than me and everyone else. Now I know that while many of the most intelligent posters are the ones with the stars, everyone's opinion should be equally respected.

I do get the feeling that as time goes on, and your username becomes increasingly recognizable, your posts become acknowledged more frequently. I don't object to this, because I know that it's only natural.

My favorite part of the blog is the long back and forth debates (as long as they stay civil). These are a blast to read and be a part of.

I guess I do have one other issue, but this isn't as much concerning the blog as it is myself. Sometimes, when I feel that certain posters have said something completely outrageous because of sheer stupidty or because they're being a homer/bandwagon-jump-offer, I can't resist replying and telling them they should shut up. I guess this is just me needed to bite my tongue once in a while (or in this case, my fingers off).

this is a great post, thx for sharing.  tp for u.  i hope this thread can help build the community here.  post counts and tp's should not matter in one's views, opinions, or importance to the blog.  it is here for everyone to enjoy and to feel a part of.

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 03:13:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson