Author Topic: Interesting Fanside trade idea  (Read 4523 times)

Interesting Fanside trade idea
« on: January 27, 2021, 03:11:46 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Boston Celtics get: Kevin Love, Terry Rozier,

Cleveland Cavaliers get: Julius Randle, Romeo Langford, Frank Ntilikina, 2021 New York Knicks second-round pick

Charlotte Hornets get: Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox, 2021 New York Knicks heavily protected first-round pick

New York Knicks get: Kemba Walker, Daniel Theis, Larry Nance Jr., Grant Williams

Thompson, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier...6th man Love

Re: Interesting Fanside trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 06:50:58 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Have more faith in Kemba and Theis than Rozier and Love.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 07:16:22 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
So the Cs trade an all star, who is still playing at at or near that level,  a starting big, a good bench big, and a prospect for an overpaid big who is also a poor defender, been a locker room problem and hurt, and a combo guard that's already shot his way out of town?

I subscribe to the theory that the team that gets the best player in a trade is generally the winner. The NYK get the 2 best players in the trade in Kemba and Nance.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 07:59:42 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
So the Cs trade an all star, who is still playing at at or near that level,  a starting big, a good bench big, and a prospect for an overpaid big who is also a poor defender, been a locker room problem and hurt, and a combo guard that's already shot his way out of town?

I subscribe to the theory that the team that gets the best player in a trade is generally the winner. The NYK get the 2 best players in the trade in Kemba and Nance.

You have Larry Nance Jr as the second best player in the trade? Charlotte isn't giving up Rozier for someone else's junk draw.
ok fine

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 08:01:18 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yucky
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 08:09:51 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
This should be more Farside than Fanside.  I agree that I don't think Love and Rozier is an upgrade over Walker and Theis.  I would rather have Randle and Knox plus the first round pick.  The Knicks can have Grant Williams too if they want him.  And if the Knicks like Nance, they can trade separately for him.

Kemba to the Knicks for Randle as the start to a trade is not that bad of an idea.

Kemba, GWilliams, and Theis maybe?

for

Randle, Knox, Protected 1st

Keep it simple.  It ends up being about the same trade for the Knicks.  We get a younger, better PF on a better contract than Love.  And we probably would not need to include Theis.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 08:11:57 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871

You have Larry Nance Jr as the second best player in the trade? Charlotte isn't giving up Rozier for someone else's junk draw.

Yeah, I have Randle, Rozier, and Theis better than Nance and probably Love but I agree with the rest of the opinion.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:00:41 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 08:28:31 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Boston Celtics get: Kevin Love, Terry Rozier,

Cleveland Cavaliers get: Julius Randle, Romeo Langford, Frank Ntilikina, 2021 New York Knicks second-round pick

Charlotte Hornets get: Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox, 2021 New York Knicks heavily protected first-round pick

New York Knicks get: Kemba Walker, Daniel Theis, Larry Nance Jr., Grant Williams

Thompson, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier...6th man Love

Don’t want Love or Rozier, simple as that. TRIII appears to be playing better, but he’s always been ball-dominant and he’s not good enough to play keepaway from the Js.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 08:32:34 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767

This is what it comes down to for me as well. I'd love for Rozier to be a Celtic again. I love how scattered the offense can be with him on the court. And I think Love will have a couple moments toward the end of his career. I don't think he's cooked.

But overall, I prefer Walker and Theis. Plus, Walker and Theis fit in to the culture and around the Js perfectly. They don't have ego. Any trade for those two can't mess up the chemistry and be a lateral move. That doesn't help.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 09:23:09 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Yeah, I agree, give me a healthy Kemba/Theis along with Brown/Tatum

We need to remember, Theis is 28 and in just his Fourth NBA season, as his first was a wash due to injury.  He's a 10/5 guy right now at 23MPG.  Stretching that to 36MPG, he's a 15/8 guy.  I'm not saying that is a given, just analysis. 

Note:  If kemba is going out, we need something big back, like a Dejonta Murray, Zach Levine, Gary Harris type.  maybe not in the actual trade, but a secondary deal with the TPE if possible.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 09:27:01 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Might be the worst trade idea I have read yet.

First, for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone wants to trade Kemba. He's looked great considering he's been out for so long. I think he's perfect along side Brown and Tatum. A great player who appears okay with being the third best player on the team.

Theis, while not great is playing the best basketball of his career. Probably the best big on the team.

Langford looks like he could be a very good role player, if he can ever stay health.

Grant, I could take or leave, but a decent guy to have on the bench.

I'm guessing anybody who likes this idea forgot how crazy Terry made everyone. Especially his last year here, when it was obvious he didn't want to be. He's quite overpaid for what he can bring to the table.

Now if we were taking about Love 5-8 years ago, I might not hang up. Not that he ever played defense, but he could shoot and rebound. He has not been near the same player the last few years.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 09:27:33 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Nance is a very high level role player that can defend 2 positions and is a good rebounder and roll man. Theis is probably a better shooter than Nance but Nance is a more versatile defender.  I'd probably call that a push.  Randle is playing well under Thibs but he has historically been a selfish player on offense and a disaster on defense.

I may be biased against Rozier for how he played in his last season with the Cs but I think he's not as good as his stats.  He's a good 3rd guard and a 6th or 7th man on a contender.  I think Nance could be a starting 4/small ball 5 on a contender.

It's all opinion so there is that.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 09:28:09 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Which part of the trade is interesting? Lol

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 09:30:16 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This should be more Farside than Fanside.  I agree that I don't think Love and Rozier is an upgrade over Walker and Theis.  I would rather have Randle and Knox plus the first round pick.  The Knicks can have Grant Williams too if they want him.  And if the Knicks like Nance, they can trade separately for him.

Kemba to the Knicks for Randle as the start to a trade is not that bad of an idea.

Kemba, GWilliams, and Theis maybe?

for

Randle, Knox, Protected 1st

Keep it simple.  It ends up being about the same trade for the Knicks.  We get a younger, better PF on a better contract than Love.  And we probably would not need to include Theis.
That's much better!  Randle is better than GWill or Theis.  Knox is a great prospect.  Kemba goes home.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 09:38:15 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
For me, the trade ended when I saw Love coming to the Celtics.  Are we really trying to reform last years Cavs frontcourt?