Author Topic: Celtics (3-3) at Raptors (3-3) Round 2 Game 7 9/11/20  (Read 67654 times)

Re: Celtics (3-3) at Raptors (3-3) Round 2 Game 7 9/11/20
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2020, 01:24:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Ugh...9pm tip-off

Guess waking up early to go hiking tomorrow ain't gonna happen. There's no good reason for a game between two eastern time zone teams to start this late. This is worse than those idiotic mid-afternoon games.

Screw you, Mr Silver, screw you!

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2020, 01:25:52 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Can’t believe I’m going to miss the game. Life sucks

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2020, 01:52:02 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Ugh...9pm tip-off

Guess waking up early to go hiking tomorrow ain't gonna happen. There's no good reason for a game between two eastern time zone teams to start this late. This is worse than those idiotic mid-afternoon games.

That's 3pm for me here in Hawaii.  Works way better than 12:30pm.  ;)  Go C's!

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2020, 01:54:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
9pm start is great for me.  Get family time out of the way first.  6:30pm starts are tricky in that respect.

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2020, 02:16:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Maybe the extra minutes played the other night will affect the older players like Gasol, Lowry and Ibaka more than our youngsters? Here's to hoping

Maybe it will; my worry is that this is the kind of game where you need fresher legs off your bench to pick up scoring load from your tired starters. 

The Raps have guys who can do that.  I don't think the Celts do.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2020, 02:18:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
A loss tonight will be a tough pill to swallow.  Will be very hard to get the .5 seconds to a 3-0 lead out of my head. 

Go C's!

Yes, that will be brutal.  If the Raps win this series it will have come down to just a handful of plays / calls.  Very very close series no matter what happens tonight. 

At least the Raptors are a good team with championship pedigree (with the caveat that Kawhi is gone).  If our young guys lose tonight that's tough to swallow but at least we can contextualize it as an important learning / growing experience for them.

To win tonight I think the Cs are gonna need Tatum to play like the world-beater he was in January.  That may be asking too much given how much he played in Game 6. 

Maybe this isn't the year that Tatum and Brown show they're ready to be the top players on a title contending team.  I think a real contender should be able to put away an experienced, tough but less talented opponent like the Raptors.  Even if it isn't, I believe Tatum and Brown will reach that level and prove it sooner or later.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2020, 02:36:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
I should probably schedule myself a 2-hour nap in the middle of the day lol. Tired from starting classes already this week and plus in the East Coast this game could go on until midnight since it's a 9 PM start

Nap is a good idea for sure. Watch our game end at 2am EST in 5 OT's

I won't be able to watch it by 2 am EST, because if this game actually goes to 5 OT I'll probably pass out due to anxiety and cardiac issues well before 5th OT  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2020, 02:40:07 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I should probably schedule myself a 2-hour nap in the middle of the day lol. Tired from starting classes already this week and plus in the East Coast this game could go on until midnight since it's a 9 PM start
Nap is a good idea for sure. Watch our game end at 2am EST in 5 OT's

I won't be able to watch it by 2 am EST, because if this game actually goes to 5 OT I'll probably pass out due to anxiety and cardiac issues well before 5th OT  :laugh:
I already felt like I couldn’t breathe this morning. Anxiety already up  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2020, 02:44:53 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
A loss tonight will be a tough pill to swallow.  Will be very hard to get the .5 seconds to a 3-0 lead out of my head. 

Go C's!

Yes, that will be brutal.  If the Raps win this series it will have come down to just a handful of plays / calls.  Very very close series no matter what happens tonight. 

At least the Raptors are a good team with championship pedigree (with the caveat that Kawhi is gone).  If our young guys lose tonight that's tough to swallow but at least we can contextualize it as an important learning / growing experience for them.

To win tonight I think the Cs are gonna need Tatum to play like the world-beater he was in January.  That may be asking too much given how much he played in Game 6. 

Maybe this isn't the year that Tatum and Brown show they're ready to be the top players on a title contending team.  I think a real contender should be able to put away an experienced, tough but less talented opponent like the Raptors.  Even if it isn't, I believe Tatum and Brown will reach that level and prove it sooner or later.

Well said...I think part of the next step for them, especially Tatum, is to say ok right now a turnover can't happen and I will not let it happen.  So along with generally trying to limit turnovers will be more awareness of key situations where it cannot happen (unless awesome play by defense forces it). 

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Well said...I think part of the next step for them, especially Tatum, is to say ok right now a turnover can't happen and I will not let it happen.  So along with generally trying to limit turnovers will be more awareness of key situations where it cannot happen (unless awesome play by defense forces it).

Yeah I have to admit I was really surprised and disappointed by how Tatum wasted his opportunities at the end of Game 6.  It would feel great to see him redeem himself tonight.

That said, it's not like he hasn't come up clutch in the past, and he's still young enough that he has plenty of time to mature into a more composed late game player (like Kyle Lowry was in Game 6).

Tatum should be able to get a decent shot in any late game situation, unless the opponent doubles him hard.  One area in which he needs to improve is finding an good opening out of a double team to punish the opponent for doing that.  He seemed pretty flummoxed last game when the Raps doubled him beyond the 3 point.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2020, 03:04:25 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Maybe the extra minutes played the other night will affect the older players like Gasol, Lowry and Ibaka more than our youngsters? Here's to hoping

Gasol didn't play much, but the way he's been going I wouldn't mind him out there more.

Celts better go up big and keep it that way.  I'm not sure either they or I can handle another close one (though I'd love to see them figure out how to out clutch the Raptors too).

Should be a good one.

GO CELTS!

Gasol will make a 3 tonight.  Ibaka will miss one.

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Ugh...9pm tip-off

I might not even watch the game tonight. Often I avoid all social media or other potential spoiler outlets and watch the next day. Saves a lot of time too.

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2020, 03:53:53 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Going to be a close game, but I feel the Celtics will fall short of this game due to lack of aggressivenes and lack of veteran presence.

But I'm open for em to prove me wrong! It'll be the Friday where it makes us happy or depressed!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2020, 04:09:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Can’t believe I’m going to miss the game. Life sucks
and then you die.  :(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
You have to admit- if we can’t beat the raptors in 7, we kind of deserve to lose. We need to absolutely win this one. We had too many blown chances already. Both Brown and Tatum need to Seal the deal and prove to the world they are legitimate stars. They can’t let no name players like Powell outplay them