Author Topic: How the other side lives...  (Read 10581 times)

How the other side lives...
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:37:16 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
This is my new second favorite site (behind Celticsblog, of course): LakersGround.net

It's a Lakers fan forum, where you can find threads like:

"Kobe Bryant didn't show the will to not let his team lose when they Celtics made their comeback."

"Phil Jackson lost this game for us !!!!!!"

"Where/how/when did the Lakers go wrong?"

"I don't know who I'm more upset with ... the Lakers or the fans"

"As bad as I feel....Sasha feels like DUNG"

"Why does Pau play so [dang] SOFT ???"

Haha.  I know it's wrong to take joy in another fan base's misery, but I'm reveling in it.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: How the other side lives...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:39:14 AM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
TP for revelling.

BEAT L.A
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:39:48 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
My favourite from there:

"I am a huge Lakers fan however I really feel that something is not right with Kobe. Have you ever seen Kobe not show emotion at the end of a playoff game or any game for that matter? Kobe hasn't seemed to care this whole series. I really feel some foul play is involved because I really don't think Boston is the superior team; something is fishy here and I wouldn't put it past Kobe to be involved. Maybe he is getting paid off to make it go 7 and Lakers win or Boston win but I just don't trust Kobe. He has three rings already what does he care about integrity."

LOL. Worst excuse ever.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:40:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Can't help it. 

I am enjoying my trash talk with Lakers fans on another board.  The ones who said Pierce was nothing.  The one I told he would be crying at the end of this game because of Pierce.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 12:40:54 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
This is my new second favorite site (behind Celticsblog, of course): LakersGround.net

"Kobe Bryant didn't show the will to not let his team lose when they Celtics made their comeback."

Haha.  I know it's wrong to take joy in another fan base's misery, but I'm reveling in it.

It's not wrong when it's the Lakers Roy.  They're abandoning ship as if they were on the Titanic.  I never would do that to us, isn't in the system, but I completely understand how they're feeling.  Obviously they're speaking out of frustration and depression.  I give some of them credit though they're giving the Celts the praise they deserve.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 12:41:47 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
My favourite from there:

"I am a huge Lakers fan however I really feel that something is not right with Kobe. Have you ever seen Kobe not show emotion at the end of a playoff game or any game for that matter? Kobe hasn't seemed to care this whole series. I really feel some foul play is involved because I really don't think Boston is the superior team; something is fishy here and I wouldn't put it past Kobe to be involved. Maybe he is getting paid off to make it go 7 and Lakers win or Boston win but I just don't trust Kobe. He has three rings already what does he care about integrity."

LOL. Worst excuse ever.

Most awesome excuse ever.  Kobe is being paid off and has no integrity.  I love it.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 12:42:19 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

What's embarrassing is if you look at tonight's game thread, you might read similar comments about our C's for 3 quarters. :-[
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 12:45:15 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
TP for Chief, he was always believing in the game thread tonight.

Interesting that LakersGround is really starting to question Kobe's legacy.  I mean they're right,  but I think they are doing it before the national media will, usually it's the other way around.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 12:49:08 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
That's some funny stuff right there, Roy ;)

Took the air out of the Staples, as Da Zen Master would say...

Headline: "Kobe Loses"  ;)

I LOVE L.A....Beat It   ;D
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
"Phillip had too much jeanie **** tonight. Its over. When you get totally outcoach by a loser like doc rivers for 4 games, its over."

;D

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 12:56:06 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Kobe's press conference topped all of this. 

I hope they replay this over and over.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 12:56:36 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
My favourite from there:

LOL. Worst excuse ever.

Most awesome excuse ever.  Kobe is being paid off and has no integrity.  I love it.

Especially since he's been incredibly demonstrative all series, earning several T's and nearly getting ejected for 2 T's in one game...yeah, no emotion.

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 12:57:49 AM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
"We wet the bed."  :-X

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 12:58:07 AM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
now they're sayin "the kobe is overrated bandwagon is gonna start"... Bandwagon? ... it's a FACT.
don't get it twisted laker fans... the media had already decided that kobe bryant was to be annointed as the "next michael jordan".... read this slowly so it sinks in:
EVERY PLAYER THAT HAS BEEN REFERED TO AS "THE NEXT JORDAN" OR BEEN COMPARED TO HIM HAS FAILED.
anyone that is compared to jordan is already overrated by definition.
noone will ever be jordan.
ever.
period.
especially some spoiled Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing brat.
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 12:58:44 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
They tightened the rims at half-time. There's a Celtics agent working undercovered in the Staples that took care of that.

LOL. Worst excuse ever.

WOW. Great finding RebusRankin.

What about these guys:
http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=30087_1213329723861_122_988lo.jpg

Do they think that Boston is the superior team?