Author Topic: Why Ojeleye instead of Robert Williams?  (Read 6858 times)

Re: Why Ojeleye instead of Robert Williams?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 11:12:00 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I seriously don't understand why you guys want to see Robert Williams on the court.  He's not a good player.  Constantly out of position on both sides of the court.  Just watch him play... he has no idea where to be. 

I like him as an asset.  I think he can become a good player.  And by all accounts, he has approached this season with the right attitude and work ethic.  I'm hopeful.  But right now, he's right where he belongs:  on the bench. 

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 11:16:34 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I seriously don't understand why you guys want to see Robert Williams on the court.  He's not a good player.  Constantly out of position on both sides of the court.  Just watch him play... he has no idea where to be. 

I like him as an asset.  I think he can become a good player.  And by all accounts, he has approached this season with the right attitude and work ethic.  I'm hopeful.  But right now, he's right where he belongs:  on the bench.

Williams PER is 20.

Ojeleye's PER is 9.

Williams biggest problem is that everyone keeps trying to throw him lobs, that don't work.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4066211

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 11:33:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Robert is the superior athlete and shot blocker, but he gets roasted one on one and in the pick & roll. Semi is more fundamentally sound especially on the defensive end.

Lol. Ojeleye sucks on defense.
Simply untrue.

Simply true.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 11:47:49 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Robert is the superior athlete and shot blocker, but he gets roasted one on one and in the pick & roll. Semi is more fundamentally sound especially on the defensive end.

Simply untrue.

Simply true.

Zero steals, zero blocks, and a minus eleven.

Overrated defender. Taller players simple shoot over him.

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 11:58:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Simply untrue.

Simply true.

He plays a completely different position to Williams. He's a wing, Williams is a big. Why aren't you complaining about Yabu playing ahead of Williams?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 12:42:43 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
There's got to be something that they've seen in Timelord, maybe in practice, that has made Brad and the rest of the brains trust to hold Timelord back. Maybe he's struggling to adapt do the always-switch defense. I've seen him overhelp numerous times and leave his man open, maybe he's not quite on par with the defensive schemes. Must be some structural stuff that we the fans are missing.

Also Ojeleye can stretch the floor and hit the occasional 3...even Yabu. We know how much Brad values positionless basketball. Maybe Timelord needs to get some tips from Baynes on how to shoot 3s this summer.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 03:16:05 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
There's got to be something that they've seen in Timelord, maybe in practice, that has made Brad and the rest of the brains trust to hold Timelord back. Maybe he's struggling to adapt do the always-switch defense. I've seen him overhelp numerous times and leave his man open, maybe he's not quite on par with the defensive schemes. Must be some structural stuff that we the fans are missing.

Also Ojeleye can stretch the floor and hit the occasional 3...even Yabu. We know how much Brad values positionless basketball. Maybe Timelord needs to get some tips from Baynes on how to shoot 3s this summer.

Brad makes mistakes. I would be giving Williams playing time to get him ready for the playoffs. He is already a better player than Ojeleye.

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 04:20:09 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Brad makes mistakes. I would be giving Williams playing time to get him ready for the playoffs. He is already a better player than Ojeleye.
He won't be playing in the playoffs so no need to get him ready.  There is a good chance he won't even be in uniform.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 08:16:52 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
to me the problem is 9-27 irving instead of more shots for 7-13 tatum.  They have to feed the hot hand more and the guys who are cold have to shoot less.  Not stop shooting, just shoot less.

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 08:19:44 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
to me the problem is 9-27 irving instead of more shots for 7-13 tatum.  They have to feed the hot hand more and the guys who are cold have to shoot less.  Not stop shooting, just shoot less.

I'm a big Irving fan, but I agree that he should have distributed the ball better. Brown and Tatum should have gotten a lot more shots. This was a very winnable game last night.

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 08:51:42 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Williams PER is 20.

Ojeleye's PER is 9.

Williams biggest problem is that everyone keeps trying to throw him lobs, that don't work.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4066211

PER doesn't tell you who is better or worse. All it does is attempt to quantify efficiency in the minutes they've played

It should be no surprise that the guy whose offense consists of the occasional alley oop is efficient
I'm bitter.

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 09:00:42 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Simply untrue.

Simply true.

Counting stats don't necessarily provide an accurate representation of a player defensive acumen.  I thought that was already a pretty straight forward notion.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 09:03:30 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Simply untrue.

Simply true.

Counting stats don't necessarily provide an accurate representation of a player defensive acumen.  I thought that was already a pretty straight forward notion.

No steal, no blocks, and people shoot over him all the time.

Time to move on.

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 09:06:59 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Perimeter defense. Ability to matchup against forwards with perimeter skills and/or speed.

Robert Williams specialty is interior defense. Different defensive-skill set. Matches up against different sorts of players. Interior players. Paint dwellers. Slower players.

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 09:15:39 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Simply untrue.

Simply true.

No steal, no blocks, and people shoot over him all the time.

Time to move on.

Yeah, I'd say it time to move on from your archaic view of defense. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team