Author Topic: Julius Randle should be plan B  (Read 2600 times)

Re: Julius Randle should be plan B
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 07:37:53 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Still mad Ainge pick Smart over Randle
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
Heck with Kyrie ,Randle should be Plan A
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Randle
Horford
toughness team players and Randle can guard the Freak

Randle has issues defending players he has physical advantages against. Giannis is longer, faster, more coordinated, and overall better at basketball than Randle.

I agree.

Randle is a proven scorer who consistently adds more and more to his arsenal each year (he's become a threat from almost all areas), but he struggles defensively. We need to tighten up the paint and add more rim protection, and he simply doesn't add that. If Horford were younger and bigger and more of a center type, I could see Randle playing alongside him, but Randle needs a big shot-blocking center next to him to cover for his lapses (e.g., Gobert). I'd appreciate the scoring punch and rebounding, however. He's a tradeoff type of player, but one we probably don't need to take on as of right now.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 08:09:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Still mad Ainge pick Smart over Randle
Really?

I mean, they are basically completely opposites. Smart is an elite defender who is a solid playmaker with a limited offensive arsenal. Randle is a strong scorer (developing a 3 pointer too) and good rebounder who is quite a weak defender and a bit turnover prone.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 08:11:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think Randle is an empty stats guy.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 08:18:00 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
I love watching Randle when he's having a good night because he's an old fashioned back-to-the-basket player.

He's a very poor fit for the Celtics. I'm not sure that he can do his part in a switching defense, and the Celtics switch everything. He also is not a scoring threat from beyond the arc. He can stand out there all day and no opposing center is going to follow him out there.

He might be able to bang with Embiid a little, but I'm not sure that makes him worth the money.

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 08:45:26 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He might be able to bang with Embiid a little, but I'm not sure that makes him worth the money.
:laugh: Embiid stuffs Randle into the basket.  :laugh:

http://bkref.com/tiny/ArIps

Absolutely destroys Randle, Randle is a strong guy who bulls his way to the rim and isn't disciplined. Embiid is even stronger and has a massive length advantage.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22

Absolutely destroys Randle, Randle is a strong guy who bulls his way to the rim and isn't disciplined. Embiid is even stronger and has a massive length advantage.

So much for that idea. Defending Embiid has to be a real consideration for the Celtics. Horford defends him very well but he's 33 years old. Boston can't really afford to sign a big who can't help against Embiid in a playoff series.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 10:49:05 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
As has already been pointed out, the C's will not have the cap space to go after Randle even if Kyrie leaves and Horford restructures his deal.

This can't happen.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 10:51:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

lets take 100 million,  put KG in a robotic lab,   rebuild him with all new ankle , knee , hip joints , and shoulder joints .  Bionic KG !

So much for that idea. Defending Embiid has to be a real consideration for the Celtics. Horford defends him very well but he's 33 years old. Boston can't really afford to sign a big who can't help against Embiid in a playoff series.

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 12:39:34 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Given what the Pelicans wanted from the Lakers, it’s reasonable to assume they want Brown and Tatum in a trade package. If that’s the case, Danny needs to walk away.

Then there’s really no need for Zion and Randle on the Pels, so I doubt they resign him.

Randle have improved drastically and averaged 21/9/3 this past season with above average shooting efficiency while adding a 3 point shot to his arsenal.

Just saying I won’t be upset with this as next years squad if we strike out on AD..

PG: Rozier - Smart
SG: Brown - sharp shooter with 14th Pick (Herro or Alexander-Walker)
SF: Tatum - Hayward
PF: Randle - Morris
C: Horford - Baynes

Ball movement will be better, rotation will be tighter.

PG? rozier?

LET'S GO CELTICS!