Author Topic: Wimbledon 2010  (Read 27663 times)

Wimbledon 2010
« on: June 21, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
My fave slam is finally here. Sorry World Cup there's something newer shinier in town. Who else is watching and who you got?
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Re: Wimbledon 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:56:34 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Wow. Federer down 2 sets and tied in the 3rd. He'll probably pull it out in 5. No way he goes out like this on the 1st day. Ugh wake up Cilic!

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:04:55 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I have been watching.  We all know how amaing Federer is, and Wimbledon is his turf!  I would be very surprised if he lost this match.  I haven't been following tennis....used to be as mad about it as about the Celtics, played a minimum of three times a week for 25 years, and had lessons every week, ha ha ha. (Loved the lessons!)  Who is Falla?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:11:52 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Federer is up 2-0 in the fifth.  Once he gets the lead he is a bulldog.  Falla sure has his work cut out for him if he is going to come back and win.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Amazing drop shot from behind the baseline by Federer.  All that talent in one man...hardly fair... ;)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
I have been watching.  We all know how amaing Federer is, and Wimbledon is his turf!  I would be very surprised if he lost this match.  I haven't been following tennis....used to be as mad about it as about the Celtics, played a minimum of three times a week for 25 years, and had lessons every week, ha ha ha. (Loved the lessons!)  Who is Falla?

My twin and I play doubles regularly. We're not disciplined enough to play singles LOL but we make a great doubles team. And it's much more fun than going to the gym. Why did you stop playing?

I don't know much about Falla. I think he's a clay courter. And I think he upset Davydenko at Wimbledon a few years back. Pity his injury looks to be slowing him down. He played well earlier just got too tight at the crucial moments. I just wiki'd him and had to crack up at this. Whoever added this is so wrong.

Major achievements:

-Choking to Roger Federer at Wimbledon 2010

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:01:37 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Huge tennis fan, saw the game. Till fifth set, Federer played one  of his worst games ever. Falla had a chance to close it out in third (0-40 on Rogers serv) and forth (served for the game) but choked. I hope it was just one off and we'll see the predatory Federer which he's usually is on this surface. Seventh Wimbledon titles in eight years would be amazing.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Yeah Fed has been playing some unbelievably subpar tennis the past few months. I'll see if he does better today after I finish watching this CRAZY Mahut-Isner match at deuce 25-24! in the 5th. The loser of this match deserves to advance too.

I swear Venus has the tennis version of the 2009-10 Celtics with her maddeningly way of making everything harder than it needs to be.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Haven't had a chance to watch, but as far as Venus...she has always been a streaky player, keeping her oponents in the match (usually with her eratic serve).  Gonna go turn it on now.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Haven't had a chance to watch, but as far as Venus...she has always been a streaky player, keeping her oponents in the match (usually with her eratic serve).  Gonna go turn it on now.

She just finished. Got broken when she had a chance to serve for the match but eventually broke again to win it.

You should watch the marathon going on @ 28-28 now. The fifth set has been going on almost 3 hours. This Mahut guy I've never seen before but he's served to stay in the match about 20 times already and saved a few match points along the way. Really feel for whoever ends up losing.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 12:32:42 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I have it on now.

It is easier talking in chat....meet me there if you want to talk about the match.  I am going now....and will stay for a few minutes.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 12:51:43 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Cant find the chat room?

come on over!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Sorry, twinbree, can't wait any longer...will be on and off the computer for a while.   We can try chat later.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Sorry tb18. Stepped away for a bit. I'll come find the chat room when you get back

36-37! now. This is ridiculous. They're just content to hold. Stop the madness! Someone needs to break and end the match.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Unbelievable. It's like playing seven sets inside one. This is already the longest tennis game ever.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels