Author Topic: MARCUS MORRIS-competitive practices," bench with attitude"  (Read 1887 times)

Re: MARCUS MORRIS-competitive practices," bench with attitude"
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 01:25:10 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Meh.  It's a hit-or-miss league.  Any of those bench guys can go cold and several at a time is very possible.

I love the BWA, but let's not kid ourselves.  They need another scorer like Jamal Crawford for certain situations.
A scorer would be a nice but IMO it is not a necessary addition.
These needs can be resolved with good rotation management and we have the best man alive for that task in CBS.

Jamal is a seriously overrated player. Especially now when he is this old. In truth, he is physically weak, can't defend, and isn't much of an off-ball threat.
People act like he is 27 and not on his last legs. That guy could help us.
Guys that just do one thing, score with the ball in their hands, are easily overrun.
I always thought that it is the 9 deep teams consisting of versatility win a playoff series and titles.
Not the ones with one trick ponies.
I don't think he meant present day Jamal Crawford. Only a modern-day Jamal Crawford-like scorer. We are lacking that someone that can drop 10-12 points like nothing. I would like a Lou Williams like scorer but that's not happening. There's only a handful or guys like that and none are available as far as I know.

Re: MARCUS MORRIS-competitive practices," bench with attitude"
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Meh.  It's a hit-or-miss league.  Any of those bench guys can go cold and several at a time is very possible.

I love the BWA, but let's not kid ourselves.  They need another scorer like Jamal Crawford for certain situations.
A scorer would be a nice but IMO it is not a necessary addition.
These needs can be resolved with good rotation management and we have the best man alive for that task in CBS.

There's a sort of "equal and opposite" conversation going on about how the Celtics are going to keep all of their scorers happy, since Rozier/Brown/Tatum got so many shots in the playoffs and will now have to cut back on their touches. There's a mainstream concern that those guys will get all disgruntled by their unsatisfied appetite for shots.

I agree with you that managing the rotation is all that's needed to keep scorers on the floor. Hayward, for example, would make a good pairing with Rozier, since he can run a pick and roll as the secondary ballhandler with Terry off the ball.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021