Author Topic: Pistons (9-10) at Celtics (10-7) Game #18 11/30/16  (Read 29636 times)

Re: Pistons (9-10) at Celtics (10-7) Game #18 11/30/16
« Reply #270 on: November 30, 2016, 10:17:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Marcus has shot under 40% for 6 straight games and has shot above 50% once in the past 13 games.   Anyone want to make any predictions on when the next game he shoots above 50% will be?

« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2016, 10:18:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We have too many players that can score, but can't defend, and can defend but can't score. Throw in that we're really undersized everywhere, and lack rebounding.

Again...small ball is ok, tiny ball isn't, not in a league loaded with talented size.

Danny needs to realize its time to make a move to correct this.

Kind of , not really

IT was pretty efficient tonight but he holds onto the ball longer than I would like
Also the two man game is the main attraction(pnr)... Teams are taking notice

Vs the Pistons did a serious balance attack job tonight...and everyone looked motivated on the defensive end as well

« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2016, 10:19:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Marcus has shot under 40% for 6 straight games.  Anyone want to make any predictions on when the next game he shoots above 50% will be?

Rozier also did a poor job on the offensive end

These two have to produce better

« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Marcus has shot under 40% for 6 straight games.  Anyone want to make any predictions on when the next game he shoots above 50% will be?
Even for Smart this stretch has been real bad. hes getting 0 seperation going to the rim and is forced to strictly take bad shots which he has very little trouble convincing himself to do.

He is due for a randomly efficient game tho. Id expect one in the next week.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2016, 10:19:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Marcus has shot under 40% for 6 straight games and has shot above 50% once in the past 13 games.   Anyone want to make any predictions on when the next game he shoots above 50% will be?

next game. now stop baiting
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #275 on: November 30, 2016, 10:21:10 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Rozier also did a poor job on the offensive end

These two have to produce better

I thought they were ready to replace IT in the starting lineup?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2016, 10:21:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Even for Smart this stretch has been real bad. hes getting 0 seperation going to the rim and is forced to strictly take bad shots which he has very little trouble convincing himself to do.

Is this stretch really bad for Smart?  He's still slightly above his shooting percentages from last year.  He's shot above 50% once in the past 13 games.

I love what he brings defensively and with his intangibles... but I also think him shooting 4-14 tonight (2-8 from three) counter a lot of those positives.

It's fine though.  He should keep shooting.  Hopefully eventually something will click for him and all these reps will have been worth it.

« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2016, 10:27:31 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

Is this stretch really bad for Smart?  He's still slightly above his shooting percentages from last year.  He's shot above 50% once in the past 13 games.

I love what he brings defensively and with his intangibles... but I also think him shooting 4-14 tonight (2-8 from three) counter a lot of those positives.

It's fine though.  He should keep shooting.  Hopefully eventually something will click for him and all these reps will have been worth it.
Agree with that. Especially when it's a game like this where nobody can get stops it pretty much renders his play style useless. I will wait for the long list of hatred that will follow this post , but I still maintain that we should have taken Randle or LaVine in 2014. Smart is horribly inefficient player who's impact as a ball of energy and defense is often counteracted by his inability to be any sort of threat offensively. He'll always be a 6th man or key bench player, but never the starter or All-star that you paint him out to be. Can't believe people on here even said recently that he should be starting over IT.

« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2016, 10:28:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

well his career average is 36% (awful) and the 6 game stretch you mention hes shooting 26% (really Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing awful).

I expect we will be back to awful pretty soon. With a couple stretches of reasonable efficiency thrown in there like the first 8 games of this year I think he was shooting above 40%

Hes a terrible shooter in a slump which results in some pretty disgusting numbers.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2016, 10:31:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Agree with that. Especially when it's a game like this where nobody can get stops it pretty much renders his play style useless. I will wait for the long list of hatred that will follow this post , but I still maintain that we should have taken Randle or LaVine in 2014. Smart is horribly inefficient player who's impact as a ball of energy and defense is often counteracted by his inability to be any sort of threat offensively. He'll always be a 6th man or key bench player, but never the starter or All-star that you paint him out to be. Can't believe people on here even said recently that he should be starting over IT.
I think everyone understands thomas is better than him, but Isaiah does have a tendency to let the offense stagnate and just run a ton of pick and roll and get his own. Smart initiates the offense and does I think a better job getting everyone involved with it.

Also, wed been letting a bunch of teams get crazy hot at the beginning of games and a reasonable hypothesis was that ITs lack of size/defense was allowing gaurds to get really comfortable etc.

The idea was you bring in Marcus he makes the other team uncomfortable and you establish your defense, then in comes Isaiah and he plays big time starter minutes. Marcus just sets the tone for you.

I dont agree with the idea (like 90% of people) but the I think the logic made more sense than just thinking Marcus Smart is better than a dude putting up 26 and 6.

« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2016, 10:59:09 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Basketball is only a game, guys.

sigh...true. i got finals next week and here i am watching this game and getting all depressed and **** for the loss lol

gotta move on. some nights, it's not your night. tonight was not our night. let's move on and beat Boogie on Friday
You telling me my man

Good luck on your finals, guys.  I'm sure you'll do well.

Yeah, they shot uncharacteristically well, we weren't locked in tonight.  Hopefully the loss can be motivation for this next stretch.  And maybe our fans will show Boogie how much we would enjoy having him in Green.  ;D
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2016, 04:54:28 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
Marcus Morris looks like an all star against us every time...

« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2016, 06:18:31 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
In some ways, I think the Pistons are a better team than us, I like their frontcourt better than ours on paper.  Morris, Harris and Drummond vs. Crowder, Amir and Horford is a match up that I would deem in their favor slightly.   Their starters killed it last night.

« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2016, 08:10:07 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Turned it off at halftime, unwatchable basketball, needed my beauty sleep.

« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2016, 09:09:11 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Turned it off at halftime, unwatchable basketball, needed my beauty sleep.
I actually only watched the 2nd half.
Pistons were making shots under solid Celtics D... maybe a couple open 3s.
Jae missed a few open 3s that he usually makes.. and bad scoring game from Bradley.
Not the worst lost...but i am still waiting for a statement win from this team against a top team.
I cant figure out how good our team really is.